Gear that doesn't exist because loot tables LIE

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Sederia » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:06 pm

Figurine from SH
Sederia

Postby Sputterduck » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:56 am

Pauldrons of Stone Resolve from Z'A timed chest #1. Never. Ever. Apparently shoulders are my Achilles Heel. I've been in the same blue-level Spaulders of the Righteous for about 18 months now. I'm ready to wear the ones from the Summer Flame festival just to get a different look.
"experience is what you get when you don't get what you want"
Sputterduck

Postby Enkal » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:44 am

Gruul's shield - never seen it drop
Naj'entus Boots - never seen drop (more or less every week since feb 08 except 1½ month during the summer)
Mother Libram - dropped twice in a row the only 2 times I've not been able to raid
RoS tank neck - dropped one of the times the mother libram dropped
BB pala belt - never
Enkal

Postby hoho » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:48 am

Loot tables don't exactly lie but seem to be extremely unbalanced. For example our guild has been raiding SWP since it came out and managed to kill four first bosses since then.

For the past month we have been giving out pretty much all vahnquisher tokens for free for sharding as nobody wants them even for offspec as everyone already have them. On the other hand conq/prot tokens are going for around 200-600 dkp for mainspec. One bosskill is worth about 40 dkp. On our last raid the first two bosses dropped four vanq tokens, luckily the third one dropped "only" one.
hoho

Postby blackcat » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:16 am

Cohach wrote:Pauldrons of Stone Resolve from Z'A timed chest #1. Never. Ever.

This holds true whenever I'm in ZA. Most of the other tanks in the guild have it (even in the less progressed ZA groups... our guild has 4).

In the same vein, I have never seen the Battlescar Boots drop, despite having run Karazhan like crazy for... I don't know, ages.

On the flipside, Maiden always drops one of, if not both of her tanking items. And, seeing as how I'm the only tank when we go to KZ, they always get sharded.

Oh, and we had the Gruul shield drop 3 kills in a row.
"OOM does NOT mean I'm out of monsters and want more."
blackcat

Postby Adamas » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:37 am

Cohach wrote:Pauldrons of Stone Resolve from Z'A timed chest #1. Never. Ever. Apparently shoulders are my Achilles Heel. I've been in the same blue-level Spaulders of the Righteous for about 18 months now. I'm ready to wear the ones from the Summer Flame festival just to get a different look.

LOL!

I'm right there with you!

I too have Righteous Shoulders... going on about 3 months I think.

I hate both the t4 and t5 shoulders, and I've run ZA like 20+ times for these and never once have they appeared.

I have every other ZA piece I need, but these are my bane.
Adamas

Postby Torquemada » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:34 am

I feel your pain. The only reason I'm in all epics is due to badge gear. I never saw the Kara gear until I was in 2.3 stuff. The 2.3/2.4 stuff is better than the T5 stuff I had the option of going for. So I've now been wearing the 2.3 chest since November of 2007, along with the Belt of the Guardian, Boots of the Protector, and T5 shoulders. Only reason I'm not wearing my goggles is the ZA helm likes to drop a bunch.

We're finally clearing out BT(Should get Illidan tonight if the server doesn't decide to nosedive AGAIN this week). The Suicide Kings list is pretty much clearing out, so if/when we get him I'm either going to be able to snag the T6 chest, a faceguard, or a Bulwark off Illidan, depending on how giving he feels.
Torquemada

Postby warden » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:10 am

The shield from dragonhawk in ZA, and his resto druid headpiece... QQ.

On a side note, with rough math, I figured I've gotten about 800k-1M Violet Eye rep now, between my hunter, shammy, and pally all clearing kara once a week for most of eternity.. and for the first time.. the very first time EVER... I saw Legacy drop this week. That has almost become the holy grail of kara for me, simply because every hunter I see seems to have it, and never once had I ever seen it drop. All the hunters (and warriors, and eh shammies, and ret pallies) in the raid already had it, so I ended up taking it for a trophy item. WOOHOO!
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Kanaiichi » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:43 am

ZA first Timed shoulders, like, went 3 months getting that chest on cooldown, not once did it drop -sad face-

They say the first taste is free
Kanaiichi

Postby Adamas » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:12 pm

Kanaiichi wrote:ZA first Timed shoulders, like, went 3 months getting that chest on cooldown, not once did it drop -sad face-

If only the 1st chest didn't have such a big friggin loot table!

Have you guys all been clearing 4 chests?

So far, 2 rings have dropped from 4th chest for us.

So I wonder if 3rd and 4th chest are shared, unlike where everyone thought that the 4th chest was a random loot of all the chests combined.
Adamas

Postby towelliee » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:26 am

F Moroes to FN hell! I have been doing Kara since my Tank warrior and BC CAME OUT! Through him and Towelliee my Prot Paladin I have never seen the Pocket Watch drop ever. Not even for someone else in the raid.

Naj boots I seen twice. I have our guilds only Belt of Mighty Resolve and I never seen ToC drop or the 1H mace from Hiyjal trash.
towelliee

Postby YoYoMa » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:56 am

I was on every single Naj'entus kill for 8 months straight, every week. So about 32 kills I would guess. No boots ever. I hate him
YoYoMa

Postby samsara » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:35 am

Yeah, same to me. (but my toon isn't that old, played rogue quite a long time and my pally for about 5-6 month now)

No boots
No belt

In kara i have never seen the neck from maiden until last month (not even with my rogue). 1 week later i got the neck from ros :)

Same with shield in za. Running za since za exists. but never saw the shield dropp.

only horderaid on the server who killed illidan pre-patch, now a couple of times -> no bullwark of azzinoth, the second guildmanaged to bring him down got it on their first kill (which was after the patch)

but on the other hand :) warglaive mainhand on our 2nd illidankill
samsara

Postby katraya » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:51 am

Red Dragonscale Protector from BWL

The first time I saw it, I fell in love. At the time I was raiding on my shaman and my raiding group managed to work our way through MC and eventually to BWL.

All I wanted was to kill Vael and get the shield. I passed on Malistar's off of Rags countless times and maintained top DKP to be prepared to grab it the second it dropped. We killed him at least 30 times, probably more. I only ever missed two kills, and guess what two times it actually dropped...

As you may have guessed, I am still bitter about it to this day.

Last weekend we cleared BWL for the achievement. I was ready for the painful irony of him dropping it, but the bastard still refuses to give it up! I did manage to score the T2 chest though. I think I'll try to get Kat in to MC/Ony/BWL whenever possible so I can try to complete the sexy set. :D
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby vschiano2008 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:28 am

out of a possible 27 T6 shoulder tokens....

we've had 1 shaman token.

paladins/priests have their offspec t6 shoulders lol
vschiano2008

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice