To the ground baby! :D

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

To the ground baby! :D

Postby Katamai » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:03 am

First of, happy nerf day everybody! :D

Second, so Worldie wouldn't kick my ass and ban me for QQing, here's an easy way to fix and revert seal nerfs for prot/holy.

Martyr-Blood/Command go 2H weapon only
Righteousness, Light, Wisdom, Vengeance-Corruption go 1H weapon only

Simple fix for a quite unnerving problem. That way Ret won't just switch to SoV/SoR when SoC/SoB are fixed/normalized/nerfed.
Nerfs to seals and judgments are getting really out of hand. I'm already doing waaaaay less dmg with SoV than what i did in 2.4.3 so i can imagine how things will be in Wrath of the Nerf King.

And while at it, remove SoV 5stack "crits"... seeing "Seal of vengeance crits X for 7 Holy Damage" was a giggle at first but now it's just getting annoying <_<

EDIT: It's amusing they post this nerf on weekend when no blues are around. Perfect timing eh? ;)
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Rhî » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:19 am

I've brought that up earlier today (
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... 362#276362 ). So, yes, I agree with you.

But I see no need to make SoL, SoW 1h. These could stay as it is.
Rhî

Postby Katamai » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:22 am

Rhî wrote:I've brought that up earlier today (
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... 362#276362 ). So, yes, I agree with you.

But I see no need to make SoL, SoW 1h. These could stay as it is.

You're right... SoL/SoW could stay the way they are now.
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Riekko » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:27 am

"threat is not a problem" and i dont think it will be even after these changes.
Still first SotR nerf from 240% to +400 damage + additional threat and this gives me impression more "this causes high threat" abilities is coming and actual dps is going yet down..
Riekko

Postby Levantine » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:32 am

*is glad he decided to roll a Warrior and Paladin at the same time*

That's an elegant fix to the problem, but then again, when have Blizzard ever been elegant. I mean, they did just take a 2by4 to the Paladin class instead of either a) changing Sheath of Light, or b) your suggestion. Both options would have been better than what happened.
Levantine

Postby Katamai » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:35 am

Riekko wrote:"threat is not a problem" and i dont think it will be even after these changes.
Still first SotR nerf from 240% to +400 damage + additional threat and this gives me impression more "this causes high threat" abilities is coming and actual dps is going yet down..

Threat isn't a problem atm but might be. From what i saw we are the bottom of the barrel in TPS in Naxx which admittedly isn't a pressing issue since it's still fair enough.

On the other hand, our DPS compared to other tanks is very, very weak due to threat scaling which goes against Blizzard's "we want tanks to do "decent" DPS" strategy.

Whether you agree or not, nerfing seals 4 times in a row is just a bit too much to swallow.
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Riekko » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:10 am

Katamai wrote:Whether you agree or not, nerfing seals 4 times in a row is just a bit too much to swallow.

Alteast when 2 of the seals are not even used by retris
and seal of blood? retris dont pvp with that for obvious reason.

i dont know if these changes are made because of qq in pvp forums, but i dont see any other reason for it.
Riekko

Postby Rhî » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:16 am

The bullshity threat modification via Righteous Fury is another big issue. But most people does not recognize it yet.

Our white damage is/ will be around 20%. Modified by 1,43.
Our Holy damage is/will be around 75%. Modified by 2,72.
Rest is 5% from sources I'm not sure how it will be modified (SA, JoL, etc.).

This baked in Salv isn't show up anywhere. That is ridiculous.

But the real issue is the difference between our white damage threat and our holy damage threat in comparison to the threat of the other tanks.

If we would do the same damage like them, we would do alot more threat than them. If we do the same threat like them, we would do significantly less damage than them.

And that is because our holy damage has such an horrible high modificator.

Blizzard must rework this. They have to bring white threat and holy threat in line and after that, they are forced to homogenize the threat and damage of all tanks.

Everything else is an epic fail.
Rhî

Postby Warcraft » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:45 am

So you're just proposing a reduction to everybody's game play flexibility?

That is a horrible fix. Way to nerf FUN, the one thing that actually counts.
Warcraft

Postby Snake-Aes » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:51 am

Warcraft wrote:So you're just proposing a reduction to everybody's game play flexibility?

Killing stuff in time is also part of "FUN". Your way of saying you don't agree with him fails.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Elexis » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:01 am

I seriously don't get why they needed to nerf our single target DPS/TPS. It's already arguebly the worst in game.
Elexis

Postby Kayoto » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:36 am

Normally, I'd try to be rational and look for a positive side to things, but these are seriously illogical nerfs.

The announced changes made sense (convert a significant portion of Ret burst damage to sustained damage).

The JotW/Seals/HoW nerfs are all absolutely ridiculous.

I can only hope these changes don't actually make it to live.
Kayoto

Postby Katamai » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:34 am

Warcraft wrote:So you're just proposing a reduction to everybody's game play flexibility?

Wait... you're calling this "flexibility"?

Prot and holy being nerfed due to their inability to balance ret is "flexibility"? Our DPS and TPS suffering cause rets just switched seals when Command/Blood got nerfed is "flexibility"? My solo, grinding and FUN should not suffer because Blizzard can't tone down ret dps without nerfing all 3 damn trees.

Get off your high horse... if you find it "FUN" to have to spend more time on killing a mob, more time grinding while lvling, have less TPS, less DPS in raids, have more downtime/drinking, then sorry... i'm not into S&M.
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Macha » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:43 am

Warcraft wrote:
That is a horrible fix.

As opposed to making said decision meaningless to begin with because the result sucks anyway.

Gotcha.
Macha

Postby Warcraft » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:46 am

Katamai wrote:

Wait... you're calling this "flexibility"?

Prot and holy being nerfed due to their inability to balance ret is "flexibility"? Our DPS and TPS suffering cause rets just switched seals when Command/Blood got nerfed is "flexibility"? My solo, grinding and FUN should not suffer because Blizzard can't tone down ret dps without nerfing all 3 damn trees.

Get off your high horse... if you find it "FUN" to have to spend more time on killing a mob, more time grinding while lvling, have less TPS, less DPS in raids, have more downtime/drinking, then sorry... i'm not into S&M.

Yes, I'm calling being able to use abilities regardless of what weapon you have equipped flexibility.

Your suggestion is no different from what Blizzard has done. Nerfing EVERYONE to fix one tree.

You are just doing it in a way that seems to fit your own play style better. Still no regard for others.

No need to make dumbass comments just because somebody shot down your crappy suggestion.
Warcraft

Next

Return to WotLK