Postby Norrath » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:05 am

Well...

Goodbye SotP, I guess.
Norrath

Postby Katamai » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:09 am

Norrath wrote:Well...

Goodbye SotP, I guess.

15% of nothing is nothing :P

(yes, i am using a hyperbole but it's almost true :<)
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 am

Grimmal wrote:Tossing out the number of days left until the expansion hits actually makes the argument less valid imo. There are 18 days left and they are making sweeping nerfs like this to the entire class. That doesn't speak well of their design imo.

Also for those of you who are, please quit blaming Ret Paladins for this. Nerfing our entire damage system has nothing to do with Ret, it has to do with Blizzard somehow thinking that Paladins were doing to much damage. There was no reason to nerf anything but Blood and Command otherwise.

Thankfully I'll have four 70s to choose from come the expansion, and by the time I get back to my Paladin perhaps they will have dug their heads out of whatever dark hole they are using to make design choices.

----

GC said it'd come back to haunt him, and it looks like it did. To the ground...

I wouldn't worry that much about prot palas , yes im pissed about the nerfs , but well coruption getting nerfed isn't the end for us...

Go ahead reroll , your nothing more then fucking whiner , who i bet speeced prot ONLY after 2.3 ( can be wrong ofc , but from this post ...)

Just fucking wait for it to get live realy

I feel sorry about the retribution paladins , those ones who sticked through tbc as ret all the way when it was shit , but I am feel no pitty for those fucking newbs who speced ret only after 3.0
Io.Draco

Postby Proudfoot » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:25 am

Io.Draco wrote:I feel sorry about the retribution paladins , those ones who sticked through tbc as ret all the way when it was shit , but I am feel no pitty for those fucking newbs who speced ret only after 3.0

QFT
As an Ret Pally since release I HATE the freakin FOTM crowd. GTFO of my beloved Retz.
Dear Blizzard, Paper is fine but Rock needs to be nerfed.
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

Postby Macha » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:26 am

Proudfoot wrote:
Macha wrote:
Grimmal wrote:Also for those of you who are, please quit blaming Ret Paladins for this.

Wrong - it is Ret Paladins.

Sorry, but just to clarify it's not Ret Paladins fault... it's Blizzards fault for not being able to figure out how to balance Ret. I've been playing a Ret Pally since release and I've never asked Blizz to screw over the rest of my class.

Ret Paladins:
1)A subgroup of the paladinclass
2)The players of said group

I was refering to 1), not 2)
The scaling of Ret Paladins IS the cause of this.

And no, this is nothing that affects us much at 80(now we're just the lowest threat and dps tank, but thats okay since threat is meaningless). It does however affect prot leveling. Really didn't want to level as ret but testing prot in beta today showed me that now, I really have to, because Prot DPS is completely horrible now pre 75, and completely subpar past 75. My prot warrior does far more dps several levels lower with worse gear.

Shame. I really liked the idea of leveling as prot, but it's really really horrible now.
Macha

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:27 am

I instead feel that if you don't moderate yourself we'll have to suspend your account Draco, last advice.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:41 am

Very well.....
Io.Draco

Postby lusisia » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:19 am

Well I can't even log in to the fucking beta forums to post anything.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Katamai » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:24 am

lusisia wrote:Well I can't even log in to the fucking beta forums to post anything.

No wonder... LHC won't bring the world to the end... it will be angry paladins flooding Blizz's servers and making them collapse into a black hole ^_^
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Fenris » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:27 am

Meh,i should stop reading the new notes..... :roll:
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Dianora » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:45 am

Worldie wrote:Actually rather than for the DPS, i'm more worried about the fact that our threat was already below other tanks, with those nerfs it will be even more below.

Well it's still 3 weeks away from patch day, maybe our magic "11 pointer" will fix all of this.

Seriously Worldie, after all these year of playing Paladin do you still cling to these fantasy? I know it's only a joke, but repeat after me:

No one at Blizzard development team plays an end-game raiding protection paladin.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:57 am

What about Eyonix? He is only a CM , but I do think he has a say about us....

I am going to bet some changes we got where due to him :P
Io.Draco

Postby Exewu » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:01 am

Well personally I hope this means they finally figured out that the current design view for pallies wasn't working (it wasn't!). The problem with pallies is that each tree uses the same abilities, and that they are hardly modified, no other class has that problem.
Nerfing seals and judgements makes perfect sense from that aspect, they can balance the damage and threat each spec does much more easily and independent from each other.

Either way, here's to hoping to a decent review before LK goes live.
Last edited by Exewu on Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Exewu

Postby Macha » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:02 am

Well it's still 3 weeks away from patch day, maybe our magic "11 pointer" will fix all of this.

GC stated it won't come for a while, they have a wait and see approach and will add it later when they see what we still need.

Seems the Paladin class always has a "wait and see" thing going. Hope this time Ret will be fixed before 3.3 =S

We seem fine right now, just abominably slow at leveling, and lowest threat/dps of all tanks, and lowest fun factor due to less decision making. All swallowable. Our Ret bethren though...
Macha

Postby iliya » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:29 am

Exewu wrote:
Either way, here's to hoping to a decent review before LK goes live.

You are so naive.
Iliya - Vek'Nilash: Retired
iliya

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK