New patch = eating up heroics

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

New patch = eating up heroics

Postby thegameah » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:58 am

I tore up heroics before with mostly badge gear, a few blocking pieces. Chain pulling, no CC, fun stuff. Only issue was the occasional shortage of mana.

Now . . .

Since the patch, I simply do not need to drink. At all. The more mobs I pull, the more I block/dodge/parry, the more our new Sanctuary returns mana to us.

And . . .

I was second on DPS yesterday. I thought it was a fluke. Hell, maybe it is. But I was doing some actually DPS with my new rotation.

Is this on purpose? Or an actual oversight? Or, in another month when WotLK comes out, we'll kinda shift back to normal with harder mobs.
thegameah

Postby Discus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:52 am

The initial "Heroic are like normals now" excitement has worn off for me. Prot pallies ARE a lot better with threat and dps, but in my small guild our dpsers have been nerfed hard and are really unhappy - especially the warlock who led our damage done tables pre-3.0 and is now often near bottom.

It seems to balance out - last night there was just 2% between the top dpser and bottom.

I might get banned for saying this but, please Blizz, Boost poor Warlocks! To have a T6 warlock going from clear leader of damage and dps to bottom is simply unfair.
Discus

Postby guillex » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:53 am

Discus wrote:The initial "Heroic are like normals now" excitement has worn off for me. Prot pallies ARE a lot better with threat and dps, but in my small guild our dpsers have been nerfed hard and are really unhappy - especially the warlock who led our damage done tables pre-3.0 and is now often near bottom.

It seems to balance out - last night there was just 2% between the top dpser and bottom.

I might get banned for saying this but, please Blizz, Boost poor Warlocks! To have a T6 warlock going from clear leader of damage and dps to bottom is simply unfair.

He's obviously not specced Affliction!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Sederia » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:07 pm

you want bad
granted I was the highest geared of the group, but they were all friends so :)

H-SH
I did 49.xx % of the groups dmg
the hunter and ret pally did about 22% each(neither had played since the patch for more than 5-10min)
the s-priest did the rest
the holy priest did about 0.1(mostly ret aura, when the damn gauntlet mobs ran thru concecrate and ate him)
Sederia

Postby Rokh » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:58 pm

Guillex wrote:
Discus wrote:The initial "Heroic are like normals now" excitement has worn off for me. Prot pallies ARE a lot better with threat and dps, but in my small guild our dpsers have been nerfed hard and are really unhappy - especially the warlock who led our damage done tables pre-3.0 and is now often near bottom.

He's obviously not specced Affliction!

yea lol, spec haunt = free ticket to #1 spot
Rokh

Postby knaughty » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:48 pm

Discus wrote:I might get banned for saying this but, please Blizz, Boost poor Warlocks! To have a T6 warlock going from clear leader of damage and dps to bottom is simply unfair.

Time to re-spec Affliction.

Warlocks seem to be especially prone to "release +1, level capped" DPS issues, where they go grossly high or low, depending on spec, and max-DPS spec changes radically.

My classic toon was a warlock. For the TBC pre-patch, I specced Felguard @ 60. And proceeded to do roughly double the DPS of everyone else in-guild. Evened out again when we hit 70.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

tankadin

Postby Whait » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:56 am

tankadins and dps in heroics should be incredibly high due to so much more mobs being takin on and then one concecrate bam sick dps plus SoV crits and HotR saming i was alwasy usualy 2 or third but since xpac im alwasy first even over equally geard dpsers yeah the new spec for locks is afflic just like mages going arc frost to put out the dmg they did as fire post patch
Whait

Postby Lookit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:09 am

I ran about a bunch of heroics this weekend, to finish up my dungeon achievements , and I was number 1 dps by a wide margin in every single one. And my dps weren't total scrubs, they were all raiders on their mains or alts. We did MT, MgT, AC, Durn, BM, SP, UB, Ramps, and BF, and every time I was at least 5% ahead of the next person.

The most fun run was Ramps though. On the second pull we got the "Server Shutdown in 15:00" message, and for a moment we hesitated, but I said "Screw it, lets go. We have time".

Sure enough, downed the last boss with about 20 seconds to spare! Not bad, a herioc in 15 minutes flat :)
Lookit

Postby kysu » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:20 pm

Got do run H SH last night I ended up being # 1 dps. Had around 1.1k dps, was a very fun run even got the trinket off last boss.

WTB good dps. It seems everyone is lame. I get on my alt hunter that is in kara gear and pull out 1.2k dps. I just want to know wth is wrong with people??? I rarely see anyone over 800 dps even after the patch it makes me sad.

Which server is all the dps at? WTT
kysu

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:53 pm

It is godly fun now.

so much more spellpower, improved dodge, improved shield block value thanks to strength.

Im not T5/6 so i still gotta watch my pulls, but i never go oom.
We can do slave pens in 30mins flat, UB in 45.
Never have to sit and drink anymore thank god.

Hunters can do insane damage now if they are at all decently geared... all they have to do is spam volley.

My hunters got 1700ish base AP, and volley is doing 450ish dmg per mob, PER second... AND it crits for over 900.
Bugger actually shooting something with steady/auto!
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby kysu » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:09 pm

Hmm My hunter is slighty under the 2k ap mark. May have to give it a whirl.

Been playen the pallie for maybe 3 months and went from 2.4 ret gear to badge,za prot gear (a little bit of stuff from tk & hyjal). Got the axe of zuljin and im pretty happy with it. I like having somethen other then a mace, and the physical dps is a nice change. Crits for 2k usen the 51 talent (can't rem the name)
kysu

Postby Frew » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:45 am

Lately I've been running the 3 coilfang instances with chain pulling and a solid group. I got all 3 done in under an hour, with SP done in 16 minutes.
Image Image
Frew
Maintankadonor

Postby Losbullitt » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:20 am

SP is pretty easy. I did UB in about 45, no wipes, with two healers even. A nice 4 badges. :D
Losbullitt

Postby Pala » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:30 pm

It is opposite of what I use to prefer but so is our gear I guess. I run Heroic MgT with a mutilation rogue, furry warrior, feral druid and resto shaman. We have it down to 30 minutes now and want to improve each day. The Fury warrior is going crazy with Whirlwind and Execute glyphs, averaging 1300dps. The rogue is 1000 dps because he can't set up rotations or Slice & Dice, things are dying so fast. I'm about 900dps and the feral druid (tank spec, working on kitty gear) is 850. We all complement each other so well and the shaman lays down strength & agility totems for us as well.

My new rule, and I'll tell them tonight, is that if the healer has enough mana I'm going to pull the next group while this one is dying.

P.S. Bubble pull that last group around the corner before you get to Kael'thas. It makes it much easier since you have time to build threat.
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby CKaz » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:02 pm

Discus wrote:I might get banned for saying this but, please Blizz, Boost poor Warlocks! To have a T6 warlock going from clear leader of damage and dps to bottom is simply unfair.

My previous main was a Warlock, now I have a growing [Prot] Pally main.
Not only just the obvious DPS crush, but frankly nothing to look forward to, either [IMO].

edit - afflict is good on long lasting targets but miserable on trash
even on a boss, still might be a crunch to be near the top of the list
fuzzygeek wrote:Some people have always endeavored to avoid int.
CKaz

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics