Remove Advertisements

Boss Health Un-Nerf?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby sanctifico » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:15 am

After clearing BT in just under 1h32mins (chain pulls, with drink time before bosses)

We headed to MH with 12people but due to some server issues, half the raid couldent do anything after about wave 5 (me included).

We downed Rage in 6mins 47seconds with just 1restoshaman, 1protwar, 1retadin, 1titansgrip warrior, 2 warlocks, 1 holy priest able to engage the boss.

On Azlagore, I wanted to try soloing a doom with just the NPC's to DPs and as few heals as possible (self healing if i could be done). It' is possibe, infact its easy :p

I Frontloaded threat on the NPC, draged it to the Taurens, hit it a couple more times (by this point i'd been stunned once and taken 3kdamage.
Hand of Freedom, and ran to the Shaman Camp, Once the Shamans had engaged, I hit it again and ran back (with hand of Freedom) to the Tauren camp. In all I took 6k damage on that one add. I managed to self heal 4k as I got back to the Tauren Camp (I was ahead of the mob).

After that it was a case of grabbing the new ones with with SOL + JOL and letting the Shamans + Taurens nuke it.

They die prettymuch 1-2secs after the new one spawns, so they shouldent run back (unless your melee attack them)

I did have a hary moment when one died before the next was up, so i had to kite it again (I had low mana so i asked for the retardin to throw me a loh (needed the mana =D)

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby vschiano2008 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:45 am

Worldie- you dont blow everyone up on Kaz? I always turned down tanking him because i thought i'd blow up the melee. Not taking damage, i wouldn't be constantly topped off i'd imagine.

Our bear tanked him and the effective healing done was something like 30k over the fight on him. Our healers were max dps'ing.

I stood in the back with my 4k mana pool and watched.

I ran it at 35%, popped wings, hammer, avengers shield, hammer, judge, exorcism, ran out. nearly went oom and blew myself up, but i was at half health and he died. lawl under a minute fight.
vschiano2008

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:41 am

vschiano2008 wrote:Worldie- you dont blow everyone up on Kaz? I always turned down tanking him because i thought i'd blow up the melee. Not taking damage, i wouldn't be constantly topped off i'd imagine.

I've been tanking him a lot of times pre patch. I once tanked him in healing gear since our old MT died on pull and i catched him o.o

As long as the fight doesn't last more than 4 minutes you won't run oom.
Being in a caster party (i always had both shadow priest, shaman, even innervate if i asked) helped immensely.

Plus, anyway, a few times i LoH someone at 1% in order to explode and kill all our melees (including the rogue GM) on purpose
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby warden » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:05 am

Worldie wrote:I once tanked him in healing gear since our old MT died on pull and i catched him o.o

Exact same thing happened to me monday lol. Not being as well geared, and having a healing set where half of it isn't plate (and 3 healers dead while I was getting threat), I lasted exactly 16 seconds.. Divine Protection + Pocketwatch + LoH. Fortunately, half the dps could dump aggro, the resto druids battlerezed the warrior and then shadowmelded, and they eventually killed him with 14 still up.
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:11 am

Thing is, i did not die until the boss was at 20% and decided to crit me for like 15k+cleave right after.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby sanctifico » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:17 am

If you have a few Paladins now

Have them all judge JoW (except you), you will NOT go oom :p (400+mpsec)

I tanked him a few times prepatch and never had mana problems, provided i didnt have a massive avoidance streak.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby warden » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Worldie wrote:Thing is, i did not die until the boss was at 20% and decided to crit me for like 15k+cleave right after.

I bow to your healing set and healers!
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Ryuusuke » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:38 am

Did MH yesterday and i gotta say WoW
I would have never imagined my tps to be this high... i mean > 3k on every boss with peaks up to 4.5k? And these bosses don't hit nearly as fast as Illidan or Brutallus would do Oo
I wouldn't dare to imagine the numbers on those fights...

But it was sure a lot of fun. Usually i would only tank adds and leave the bosses to the warriors (so they got stuff to do, too) but yesterday i was the best equipped tank within the group so...

Boss 4 sure does hit pretty neat i must say. Was fun, though...

And i NEVER had mana issues on ANY boss. Not even on #3. Just waited for Mark of Kaz'rogal to come. Afterwards bursting for like 15 seconds, then getting back to full mana in the following 5-10secs, whereas the next Mark comes..

Great time yesterday =)
Ryuusuke

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal