Best Tankadin Farming Spot Post 3.0.2?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Best Tankadin Farming Spot Post 3.0.2?

Postby Smote » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:53 am

I would say prior to 3.0.2 that it was the supplicants, but it seems that their item drops got nerfed severely. Anyone have other suggestions? I'm an Alchemist/Herbalist. Thanks.
Smote

Postby agamemnoch » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:57 am

I have actually been farming the OTHER side of the top of BT with the fel orcs. I can pull 11 or 12 of them AND an elite and come out with full health and mana just using different judgments and sanctuary.

I start with SoV(c) and move to wisdom and light as needed. I am usually done in about 30 seconds or so.
Armory Link Above
agamemnoch

Drops?

Postby Smote » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:02 am

How are the drops? I used to farm those as well.
Smote

Postby majiben » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:05 am

You can farm the elemental plateau now that you can block elemental attacks, you would need to do this when other people aren't there for it to be profitable.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Myndle » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:23 am

You can solo clear non-heroic Ramparts in about 30-40 minutes. Has anyone clocked the gold gained from corpses/vendor items in doing this yet?

I have been meaning too, but have been pretty busy with achievements.
Myndle

Nope

Postby Smote » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:52 am

Only solo'd it once
Smote

Postby Flipthebird » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:00 am

I just solo'd reg. Blood Furnace last night in about 35 mins I think...

Netted:
Between 25-35g just from money lootz
About 28g from vendoring greens and BoP blues.
Got about 4.5 stacks of netherweave cloth that will sell for around 3-4g a stack, so about 13.5-18g from that.
2 stacks of runecloth = about 3g on AH
1 BoE blue going for around 20g on AH
-6g for repair
TOTAL
83.5g (give or take about 10g and if AH stuff sells)
So Hitler was a vegatarian, and a painter.

He must of been like, 'Ahh I can't get the fricken trees...DAMN I will kill EVERYBODY in the world!"

-Eddie Izzard
Flipthebird

best place to farm 3.0

Postby buckit » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:06 am

Ive done quite a few ramps runs.
Im an enchanter and so I de all the blues and greens.
I make about 30-40g per run not including enchanting mats
buckit

Postby daemonym » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:10 am

been soloing reg ramps a lot lately fro the massive amount of runecloth mostly. haven't checked full amounts of cash gained but since i'm going for exalted with the home towns, the cloth itself SAVES me about 10g per stack. and all the DE mats is a decent chunk of change there also.

per run is at least:
3 stacks of rune cloth = 30g
1 LPS = 14g
10 dust = 6g
1 greater planar = 15g (prices have doubled for some reason on my server)
merchant food/cash drops = 5g (varies wildly)

as always your mileage may vary. if i go again tonight i'll post a count by count including repairs and time for the run and net profit etc etc.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:12 am

Meh... elementals and engineering are still better, even in the depressed economy.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Jonlo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:28 am

Stratholme!

I make about 80g an hour and get a chance at the mount.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Flipthebird » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:28 am

halabar wrote:Meh... elementals and engineering are still better, even in the depressed economy.

True...but they can be very boring.

If it's max money you want, ^^ is the way to go...
If it's decent money with the fun of solo'ing an instance....well, solo an instance!
So Hitler was a vegatarian, and a painter.

He must of been like, 'Ahh I can't get the fricken trees...DAMN I will kill EVERYBODY in the world!"

-Eddie Izzard
Flipthebird

Postby Jasari » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:29 am

The fastest money making activity for me is running people through SM:Cath.

I charge 10g a head and usually have 3-4 in the group.

I make everyone stand at the entrance and I pull the entire instance back to them and AOE it down. Entire run takes about 5-6 min, a little more if you loot everything (which I usually don't). With this, I can make between 150g-200g in about 30min, minus about 6g for repairs. Blizzard only allows for 5 instance runs per hour so after the 5 are up I usually call it quits and go repair and empty bags. If I'm in the mood I'll then do another round of runs once the lockout timer resets.

A few tips if you're going to do this:

Make sure all your reflective damage stuff is turned off until you get back to the entrance otherwise the people you're running won't get credit for the kills that you tag too far away... basically don't deal damage to anything until you're back to the start.

Save your HoFreedom until right after you aggro the boss and you're running out of the cathedral - you'll be getting pelted by frostbolts and slows which can be deadly when the entire instance is beating on your from behind. Also spam cleanse on yourself during this part.

When you get back to the start, jump onto the window ledge right across from the entrance while having all the lowbie stand in the entrance. This insures that they don't get hit by any AOE. When you have everything rounded up, jump off the ledge (Arcane Torrent if you're a BE) so that consecrate will hit everyone.

Tell your lowbies not to cast anything ever. You will have basically zero aggro on everything when you first get back because you won't have damaged them at all. I've had a druid throw thorns on me to help with the AOE before I had all the mobs on me. Half of them turned and killed him in a nanosecond.

And obviously, use PLG with a shield spike, and equip the figurine just in case (usually won't need it, but it's good to have).
Jasari

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:45 am

Flipthebird wrote:I just solo'd reg. Blood Furnace last night in about 35 mins I think...

Netted:
Between 25-35g just from money lootz
About 28g from vendoring greens and BoP blues.
Got about 4.5 stacks of netherweave cloth that will sell for around 3-4g a stack, so about 13.5-18g from that.
2 stacks of runecloth = about 3g on AH
1 BoE blue going for around 20g on AH
-6g for repair
TOTAL
83.5g (give or take about 10g and if AH stuff sells)

Heh, Runecloth is over 10g a stack on my server, I guess from folks using turn-ins for rep. Strat is therefore very profitable.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Trees

Postby Smote » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:57 am

I just farmed the trees around skettis for awhile. Herbers wet dream! In about 40 mins I made:

4.5 Primal Life
2 Stacks of Felweed
1.5 Stacks of Dreaming Glory
1.5 Stacks of Mana Thistle

Keep in mind I'm using a regular flying mount
Smote

Next

Return to General