So Hex, right?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

So Hex, right?

Postby Losbullitt » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:53 pm

Rhymes with Next?

Did a Pug run and actually had quite a bit of dps. Four people were consistently above 1k, the heals were awesome and we got 3/4 treasure chests.

However, we got to Hex and he was like "Next" after wiping the group. 4 different times we battled him. We changed strategies, pally feared (had 3 pallies) the ghost, I mean everything we could think of. Yet, at the end of the day, Hex laughed and we called each other daft.

Tough fight they can be, even with 30% hp loss.
Losbullitt

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:56 pm

Just went in there with my kara/badge/pvp geared guild and we wiped the floor with the place. We made the timed run on our second trip there, having never been before.

For Hexlord he was pretty easy when we killed the adds instead of CCing them. Both times we had a druid, warlock, and priest, so we were able to CC 3/4 and our off-tank just tanked the one we wanted to kill. We left the banished mob alive though, as Banish rocks for CC.

Burn him down and you should be good. The hardest part is the AE damage, for which your healers may have to be on top of things if your group doesn't have too much health.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Zoltar » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:43 pm

I ran this with a warrior last night. Had a mage and lock in the group as well.

Warrior tanked Hex lord, mage sheeped the humanoid, lock banished the elemental, I tanked the dragonkin and chain feared the ghost while DPS wailed on Hex lord. No one died or even looked close to it. Ezymode kill tbh.
Zoltar

Postby Ryuusuke » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:43 pm

OK, so after reading all this stuff how easy things have become i'd chose to try it on my own and i gotta say "WTF"
It's become nothing more than a good old MC run Oo
Tank and spank everything that's in your way. After the first boss a T6 Hunter asked me to do more TPS (i didn't have any mod installed at all, so no clue) but after checking i found out i didn't have righteous fury active
After that there wasn't any problem at all.

Trash was just - i run in, tank, we didn't really regen mana at all - we weren't in ts and only thing i kept track of was the druids manabar which was full like all time.
Just after adding 2 flamecaster packs on the way to #3 whilst adding 2 scouts who summoned be became trouble but well - 1 spot, 1 instant shield throw, yeah and all were at me. Consecrating like theres no tomorrow and everything on cooldown - mana was full at all times...

Hex'Lord was just lol. Had Healer/Snake/Undead/Elemental and we just AoEd them down (except single targeting the healer) - hex lord was down after the third shadow bolts due to two DPS dieing in the first one xD

i didn't tank zul jin but took my PvP Hunter - WoW, PvE Dmg is absurd. More than 2k DPS is too much... for PvP Gear, that is...

Nevertheless
The hunter and me were the only overgeared people in there. Bunch of S4 guys (healer) Some T5 to TBadge Guys, two Karadudes and we had bout 10 minutes on the timer... It's become so easy

As for the hexlord itself - sure his AE has become nastier, but if you die there, just CC and be quick on interrupting his heals. I can't see how he can become hard for anyone who did ZA before
Though if it's the first ZA Clear he might become a challenge, still ;)

(sry if all this sounds like "man im so great" blabla - i'm just hyped up :P)
Ryuusuke

Postby Losbullitt » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:10 am

See, you guys are just showing off now.

I ran hogger with my lvl 60 T1 gear with 9 lvl 10s with greens/blues. We still wiped.

:shock:
Losbullitt

Postby vschiano2008 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:02 am

If you have great dps.. AoE Tank.

its very much possible to aoe tank all the mobs, and hex. It's how we used to run out bear runs pre nerf.

just kill the dude that fears first, otherwise you'll get wtfpwned from behind with a boss and 4 adds wailing on you. Don't get too good aggro, let the fury warrior pull aggro and stand it.
vschiano2008

Postby Doogiehowser » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:26 am

What do you typically see/recommend ranged dps to have in order to actually be helping in ZA?

I did a partial Kara run on my hunter and averaged 700dps. Is that too low for ZA?

I'm curious because I don't want to join a PuG (which is all my server is at this point) and then be the weak link. If that's too low, I'll stick with heroics and Kara.
Doogiehowser

Postby Loras » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:38 am

Doogiehowser wrote:I did a partial Kara run on my hunter and averaged 700dps. Is that too low for ZA?

Mate, in order to have 700 dps you need to be sitting, while your pet is using ONLY auto-attacks... Seriously, take a look at your rotation and talents. There's no possible way to be that low... Especially a hunter...
Loras

Postby Doogiehowser » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:49 am

I don't want to necro this post. I believe my build is a typical PvE build and my rotation is Auto>Steady, rinse and repeat.

If it's too low, I'll stay where I am at. I don't have any badge or Kara gear. I was second on the damage/dps list so I guess I was just running with some poorly equipped players. We did down Nightbane though. I guess I'm just the beneficiary of the heavy patch nerf. I'll keep working on it.
Doogiehowser

Postby Belloc » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:59 am

The worst thing you can do on Hex Lord is rely on keeping add's CC'd. The only add that you could ever allow to be perma-cc'd is the imp, and that's only because his fireballs don't hurt all that bad.

Feel free to CC the adds initially, but kill them off and then kill Hex Lord. If you leave them up, you're just asking to have them break during spirit bolts and wipe your raid.
Belloc

Postby Losbullitt » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:02 pm

On bosses (Kara and ZA) I can pull up to 1200 dps, with beastial wrath, kill command and rapid fire on top of my steady shot/arcane shot/auto-shot.

Sometimes I get a string of no crits. Then my dps plummets.

My atp is 2100. I don't think I'm doing amazing but I'm not doing bad, as I can consistently hang with equal/better geared dpsers.

There was this T6 warlock though. He was actively doing +1000 on trash and around 2000 on bosses. I was like :shock:
Losbullitt

Postby SellassieTanks » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:24 pm

Just to let you know, Hex after 3.0 is not really Hex, it is his genetically defective son birthed from the womb of his sister. No OT needed anymore, a paladin can go in and pull the Hexlord imposter along with first and second target, then find a spot and spam, close your eyes if you would like to, don't worry CCrs, DPSrs, and Healers will do their job then you can open your eyes and collect you some phat loots, go go gadget gnomes!
SellassieTanks

Postby djlar » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:23 pm

I just tanked 3 adds and the 4th was sheeped, before it unsheeped we were able to kill Hex....

Love that 2 of them are exorcisable, (in a place full of humanoids and beasts)..

And fear, pop your human ability and PvP trinket, love the stuff..
djlar

Return to Zul'aman