Remove Advertisements

Judgement of Light = OP?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Judgement of Light = OP?

Postby kanst » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:58 am

I am curious if this was a bug or a fluke. But I tanked Gruul last night for my guild. I was judging light on Gruul. Afterwards I looked at my recount, I was tied for most healing in the raid. I did something like 130k healing with judgement of light procs. I assume this has to be some kind of bug. I was tied with a t6 shaman.

Has anyone else been getting ridiculous amounts of healing from this judgement
kanst

Postby sherck » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:03 am

Sigh...I am not trying to be a putz...but there are about five threads on this general topic.

Short answer is that it is doing a whole lot of healing and we don't know for sure if it is a bug or if it is intended.

And, in Patch 3.0.3, they are adding spells to those attacks that can Proc a Judgement of Light heal so it will be even more healing.

So, yeah, a ton of healing. Tell you Shaman to step it up!! :D

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Proudfoot » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:59 pm

Judgement of Light has always been a really powerful healing spell it's just that now the healing done is actually attributed to the judger instead of the person benifiting from the heal. JoL also scales now and that makes it much better then before.
Dear Blizzard, Paper is fine but Rock needs to be nerfed.
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

Postby Faeth » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:03 am

Mind you, Judgement of Light is overhealing like mad. I was number 2 on total healing done once as well, but on effective healing (what really matters) i was nowhere near :P
Faeth

Postby samsara » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:04 am

hm, i wouldn't say that it's op. It's very strong in fights were melee's take a lot of groupdmg. If not they will just get overheal which is nothing good for. In fights like gruul/najentus/voidreaver ... its quite nice as you get tons of healaggro and the amount of healing is also a nice thing. It may become overpowered when it also procs on casters but im sure blizzard will nerf it a bit then (which is ok in my opinion)
samsara

Postby Bobness » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:54 am

The bottom line is...

We don't know whether or not JOL is intended to boost our threat... or whether it's just an unforseen side effect from other changes such as POM etc.

Don't count on getting an answer.
Bobness

Postby Macha » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:58 am

It's completely OP, stupid, and I'll cheer on the day it gets changed. We're already no-skill enough, it doesn't have to get worse with abilities like these.
Macha

Postby Levantine » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:14 am

That, plus the fact that it's completely uncontrollable. On fights like the Eredar Twins, M'uru and Felmyst it causes huge problems.
Levantine

Postby Faeth » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:28 am

Macha wrote:It's completely OP, stupid, and I'll cheer on the day it gets changed. We're already no-skill enough, it doesn't have to get worse with abilities like these.

Blizzard already stated they didn't want Threat to be a main issue to focus on in boss fights in WOTLK..
Also, while i use JoL all the time, i really can't say it's THAT big an OP boost compared our druid and warrior tank's threat.

At Twins i did out-TPS the warrior...but it took a little while and i wasn't out-TPS-ing him by far.
On M'uru i didn't out-TPS the druid tanking Entropius until the very last few seconds. Arguably i was favored also by the druid getting tossed around more than me.

Whilst i do feel JoL provides us with a lot of threat, i wouldn't consider it OPness still. I also don't believe that holding threat will be a main thing to focus on and be skilled at. We'll have other things to worry about in WOTLK encounters i'm sure.
Faeth

Postby Proudfoot » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:04 am

They should just remove the threat generated by JoL. It becomes very dangerous for a Ret pally to judge light if there isn't a pally tank.
Dear Blizzard, Paper is fine but Rock needs to be nerfed.
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:54 am

The retri still got 30% threat reduction and lacks the 190% + 143% modifiers to threat, he won't be having any issue with JoL itself.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Playdoh » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:37 am

I think getting used to our new threat cycle is also causing some of the OP threat. And actually seeing dps #'s, it's new and exciting.

I just had a lightbulb go off in my head.

I know JoL is causing quite a bit of tps, BUT I just realized I have made the problem worse by using HoTR in my dps rotations on those fights. Part of the finesse of tanking is knowing when to take aggro. And on the OT fights why not have the ret paladins judge light and us do wisdom, throw in some HoTR to maintain 2nd in threat just in case.

The more I think about it, I am sure that it probably has to do with a combination of JoL and HoTR and not just the JoL causing that much threat.

I did not have a warrior tank before I made my paladin tank, I was never in a 40 man consistant raid in vanilla wow. I got into 25 man raiding as a paladin tank, and this is the 1st time that I have ever had an ability that clearly states "THIS CAUSES HIGH THREAT", it is great for tanking, but now i need to learn when and how to use it while being an OT too.
Playdoh
Maintankadonor

Postby Jasari » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:04 am

Playdoh wrote:I think getting used to our new threat cycle is also causing some of the OP threat. And actually seeing dps #'s, it's new and exciting.

I just had a lightbulb go off in my head.

I know JoL is causing quite a bit of tps, BUT I just realized I have made the problem worse by using HoTR in my dps rotations on those fights. Part of the finesse of tanking is knowing when to take aggro. And on the OT fights why not have the ret paladins judge light and us do wisdom, throw in some HoTR to maintain 2nd in threat just in case.

The more I think about it, I am sure that it probably has to do with a combination of JoL and HoTR and not just the JoL causing that much threat.

I did not have a warrior tank before I made my paladin tank, I was never in a 40 man consistant raid in vanilla wow. I got into 25 man raiding as a paladin tank, and this is the 1st time that I have ever had an ability that clearly states "THIS CAUSES HIGH THREAT", it is great for tanking, but now i need to learn when and how to use it while being an OT too.

Holy Shield used to "cause high threat" until 3.0 when I believe it's damage was buffed instead.
Jasari

Return to WotLK