Remove Advertisements

Kil'jaeden

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:50 pm

towelliee wrote:Ok so when he covers himsefl then start stacking...how does this avoid armageddons?

Also we were using 2 dragons to spread ourselve sout was this smart?

It doesn't but remmeber

But well shield of the blue does reduce all damage so...just tell the person using the dragon to use shield at 3 seconds of cast time , this ensures that even if a armaghedon is cast on the raid just while he started doing darkness people will only take 10% dmg , and also gives 2 seconds for people to MOVE THE FUCK OUT

And no 2 dragons ain't smart
Io.Draco

Postby sanctifico » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:14 pm

Kinda mental sub 10%, we wiped below 5% 8 times :p

just killed the git

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Morganim » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:33 pm

towelliee wrote:Ok so when he covers himsefl then start stacking...how does this avoid armageddons?

Also we were using 2 dragons to spread ourselve sout was this smart?

It avoids early armageddons which may hit before the shield is up, armageddons while the shield is up do no damage so they can be ignored, then its up to your raiders to GTFO asap.
Collapsing late just reduces the chance of getting one before the shield is placed on.

Use one dragon up until p5, then use 2.
Morganim

Postby Skeezy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:17 pm

Why do you NEED a lock tank? Is it just for the added dps? Or is there some hidden reason? I know its what everything calls for, just wondering.
Skeezy

Postby Lisath » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:12 am

You don't absolutely need a lock tank, we have a feral tanking KJ.
Lisath

Postby Cakes » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:26 am

Skeezy wrote:Why do you NEED a lock tank? Is it just for the added dps? Or is there some hidden reason? I know its what everything calls for, just wondering.

People typically did lock tanks for several reasons, but first and foremost was that they could "tank" KJ well and still do tremendous amounts of damage (2k+ dps pre 3.0). The downside was that with one lock devoted almost solely to single target dps, you either had to compensate by having another lock for aoe on the reflections or work out some ranged dps train on the reflections to get them down in time. I think Eender posted an excellent video a few months back of a <Team Ice> kill of KJ. You'll note that they had 4 locks in the raid, with one of them tanking.

Personally, pre 3.0 we made up for this by having one of our warriors do a bastardized prot/fury build. Essentially they went dual wield after the adds were dead in the first phase and put the heat on KJ. We did this simply because we didn't have a feral druid at the time. Our tank usually did anywhere from 1k to 1200 dps while tanking and put out an atrocious amount of threat.

As of 3.0, there really aren't any raid composition requirements left on this fight.
Cakes

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:06 am

Short on warlocks, so we went with a bear in DPS gear pre-3.0. Excellent threat, 1700-1800 dps iirc and I think around 3k tps?), and apparenlty not hard to heal.

Post 3.0 prot warrior seems great, 3.5-4k TPS, ~1500(?) dps, can vigilance whoever is highest TPS DPS (generally an MM hunter :P), and even easier ot heal.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby sanctifico » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:24 am

The Reflection Tank takes the most damage, but seeds on KJ reach them if you stand close enough to use HotR on him. So locks don't loose too much dps.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby PsiVen » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:18 pm

Warlock tank -> Takes the most Soul Flay damage, doesn't have to reposition for knockbacks, allows you to leave the collapse spot completely clear.

DPS geared melee tank -> Takes less Soul Flay damage, eats knockbacks. Pretty annoying for a paladin, less so for a 3.0 warrior, not a big deal to a feral.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Morganim » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:18 am

theoretically any class can tank KJ as long as they can meet 2 requirements

1) enough threat so that no one will catch them
2) enough stamina to survive a fair whack of damage.
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:04 am

Morganim wrote:1) enough threat so that no one will catch them

This one is quite harder atm for any non tank class.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby majiben » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:12 am

Worldie wrote:

I suppose hunters or warlocks could do this. I hear hunters have some of the highest TPS without FD.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby inthedrops » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:29 am

Majiben wrote:
Worldie wrote:

I suppose hunters or warlocks could do this. I hear hunters have some of the highest TPS without FD.

If you insist on a non tank class to tank KJ it's not really that big of a deal still. Just let them build up a long lead in P2. There's no hurry until P3.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:40 am

inthedrops wrote:
Majiben wrote:
Worldie wrote:

If you insist on a non tank class to tank KJ it's not really that big of a deal still. Just let them build up a long lead in P2. There's no hurry until P3.

It's better to have a non-tank class do it so you can stack an additional DPS. Though feral druids are kinda both.
Elsie

Postby Eender » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:14 pm

Pre-3.0 we used a ton of different tanks on this fight (prot warrior dual wielding in DPS gear, Feral Druid in DPS gear, BM Hunter, Destro Loc, etc, etc) and the only requirements we saw as needed was enough HPs to withstand the flay with burst from raid damage. As long as they could do that and out-threat everyone else they were the tank. Post 3.0 nothing has changed on those requirements.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau