Remove Advertisements

Are we going to be nerfed?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby hotlips » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:50 am

well, some warrior tanks in my guild are accusing me of taunting trash of them... but the truth is I just generate way more threat. The only tank I can't pull mobs of is the one wielding thunderfury.

Edit: this is even when judging wisdom.
hotlips

Postby 2ndNin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:11 am

For once other people taunting stuff off me doesn't really bother me, but without taunts / fast movement stuff like ZA is a pain.

To be honest I am not sure HotR was a good thing (well its a good thing) because it makes our threat feel so indiscriminate, would much prefer it like swipe (hits all in front arc), or just a big single target dps (12xweapon damage + 3x seals would be epic :P) because it does make having an off-tank hard, especially when they aren't as well geared. The rather indiscriminate 1 target + 2 nearby (and its jump seems 5-8 yards) is quite strange, especially when mobs move in combat.

Though I do like the longer range of AS, it just takes some getting used to / body pulling to get it to work perfectly
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby tinalt » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:58 am

hotlips wrote:well, some warrior tanks in my guild are accusing me of taunting trash of them... but the truth is I just generate way more threat. The only tank I can't pull mobs of is the one wielding thunderfury.

I honestly worry about the officers in my guild thinking that i'm trying to pull threat. Last night i had vigilance on me and still pulled aggro from the warrior tank on the first boss of the night. after that I had to remove righteous fury on bosses.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby Helpunot » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:15 am

Tinalt wrote:
hotlips wrote:well, some warrior tanks in my guild are accusing me of taunting trash of them... but the truth is I just generate way more threat. The only tank I can't pull mobs of is the one wielding thunderfury.

I honestly worry about the officers in my guild thinking that i'm trying to pull threat. Last night i had vigilance on me and still pulled aggro from the warrior tank on the first boss of the night. after that I had to remove righteous fury on bosses.

If your pulling too much threat because your still stuck being the offtank, then your guild is either failing (cuz they are stuck on the "only a warrior can be a maintank" train), or they have no confidence in your gear / ability sets. Our warrior who was the MT forever has relinquished the position to me until JoL gets fixed. When he tries to MT, he puts vigilance on me and I HAVE to start the fight out with RF down or I will easily out threat him. This is mostly true on any boss with AOE dmg effects. But it has become true on other bosses as well, we are threating realllllly hard right now =D.
Helpunot

Postby cigar3tte » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:44 am

I pulled aggro off the druid MT on Felmyst; I was just doing what I can to contribute DPS. It's actually kinda scary considering I'm doing this w/o ShoR.

On a side note, instant-cast Holy Wrath is just too much fun on Felmyst phase 2.
cigar3tte

Postby Belloc » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:25 am

I've only had my threat challenged by two players -- both were druids. One was riding my ass, the other must've been wearing nothing but threat gear because he was way ahead :P
Belloc

Postby Rasmfrackn » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:18 pm

Helpunot wrote:If your pulling too much threat because your still stuck being the offtank, then your guild is either failing (cuz they are stuck on the "only a warrior can be a maintank" train), or they have no confidence in your gear / ability sets. Our warrior who was the MT forever has relinquished the position to me until JoL gets fixed. When he tries to MT, he puts vigilance on me and I HAVE to start the fight out with RF down or I will easily out threat him. This is mostly true on any boss with AOE dmg effects. But it has become true on other bosses as well, we are threating realllllly hard right now =D.

Our old MT is loving Bladestorm. :)

He's new to AE though, so he does pull a heck of a lot of trash off of me before I can get much consecrate/HotR going on. The other warrior who stayed prot and myself are pretty close on threat, I'd say. I can't quite catch him without JoL from what I can tell... I was riding around 80% of him on Teron, well above the rest of the dps.

I called dibs on first-tank on Gurtogg... are there supposed to be tank transitions?

>.>

... I had 17 dot stacks on me at the end.
Rasmfrackn
Dwarf Paladin
Icecrown Server
Eng/Scribe/Masochist
Rasmfrackn

Postby Kellann » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:55 am

Rasmfrackn wrote:... I had 17 dot stacks on me at the end.

You didn't bubble during (the only) Fel rage? For shame.
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Dehn » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:09 am

Lore wrote:Are you judging Light?

If yes, it's bugged and you're getting threat for every single heal it does. That's a lot.

If no, congratulations, you're the best tank in your guild :P Warriors and Druids are generating great aggro at the moment.

i think blizzard is very much aware of the SoL threat, but chose to not deal with it until wotlk is released, since we "need" our shieldslam threat to compensate.
Dehn

Postby Katamai » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:43 am

Sorry to say this but your warrior tanks suck ;)
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby PsiVen » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:45 am

Wait, there's a tank in your guild still using TF and he's generating the most threat?
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Fionneous » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:44 am

The answer to the OP's question is, as of the current build, yes.

Seal and judgment output lowered, efficiency nerf on JoW.

Still holding my breath on whether or not this was an intentional prot change or a side effect of the onslaught of FotM Retadins.
Fionneous, 80 Blood Elf Prot Paladin, Draka

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Fionneous
Fionneous

Postby Nicki » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:13 am

Levantine wrote:Your Rets should not be casting JoL at the moment. Unless they want to pull aggro and die, that is.

Ive been judged light on kj did 2k HPS and was no where near the tank :)
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby vschiano2008 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:51 am

Tinalt wrote:

I was having this issue.. i didn't want to seem like i wanted to be the center of attention or anything, and i wasn't taunting at all.

I'm happy we're done raiding till xpac. only our bear MT could stay above me in threat. He's also in 4 pcs t6 and im in badge gear and 2 pcs t4 lol

And yes, my guild was kinda in this 'we dont trust other tanks' thing until the patch, where pulling aggro off the MT forced them to accept me as a very able tank.

we'll see what WoTLK has in store.
vschiano2008

Previous

Return to WotLK