Vashj

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Vashj

Postby Dynam » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:26 pm

Our guild is currently planning vashj attempts for progression this weekend...do I overgear the fight? or would asking our main warrior tank be better (very similairly geared...he beats me by about 500 health, but i have 2-3% dodge and parry than him)?

My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... rd&n=Dynam
Dynam

Postby marsh21 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:37 am

straight up tell the warrior you overgear him and that HP doesn't mean everything... i am about 800 hp back from my warrior tank but with 5% extra pure avoidance so i MT just about everything without a hitch

all warriors should just go ahead and respec for titans grip because maintankadins are in the house

plus she hits like a pansy now anyway lol
marsh21

Postby majiben » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:37 am

Nothing in the vashj fight hits hard enough to need much avoidance. Stack stam for more mana and threat. You need two tanks for the fight anyways. Remember to save HoF for yourself on the roots and don't be afraid to bubble if you are the one with the static charge, just make sure your cotank picks up vashj. I highly suggest that you have the warrior bring all the naga to you. That way there is always 1 tank watching the healers to quickly pick up the fresh naga and healers will know which tank needs frequent healing. Swapping back and forth might sound like it is more fun for the tanks but it adds another element of chaos to a chaotic fight.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby sapientialb » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:43 am

You can more or less get away with a out of sync rotation on the HoF thing during phase 1 but definitly make sure you have your rotation together for phase 3. The green shit on the ground is still a PITA if you're stuck in it because of lack of HoF

As always in end game, just don't let people DIAF(or green shit) and you win.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern