Remove Advertisements

Molten Core, how many people?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Molten Core, how many people?

Postby Luromerre » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:30 am

How many people can you take along to Molten Core? It's a fairly easy attunement and i might try to get a guild run going tonight if it can be 10 manned with 70's.

I've never been there so i have no idea of the strength of the place, although i hear it's one of the easier of the 40 man raids.

Granted i have enough people, do i need to try to stack some fire resistance gear or should chugging a fire potion do the trick, since the difference between 60-70?

Any suggestions would be appreciated, i've been doing alot of old world raids and whatnot(attuned for ony, naxx, BWL, MC, UBRS key) just for nostalgic value really, and if MC is run pretty easily with 5-10 good people, maybe i'll try to get a Thunderfury out of it. ^^
Luromerre

Postby YoYoMa » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:31 am

We cleared to Luci with 4 people. Hrm, I don't recall why we didn't end up trying her... Probably didn't have a curse cleanser but I dont see why that would stop us from trying. In any case, I'm sure 10 would be just fine. We go back and 5-man ony for gold and bags still.
YoYoMa

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:09 am

We menaged to kill the first 4 bosses in 10, cleared the place in 21.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kaelie » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:56 pm

I'm pretty sure a 70 tankadin could solo some of the trash. You can three or four man it to Lucifron with a tank, a healer, and some DPS, as long as you have someone to dispel the silence from the firelords.
Kaelie

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:22 am

I've tried to solo some trashs, but they have too many abilities that i couldnt counter (knockbacks, magic, disorients, etc), so i don't think its possible.

They also have way too many hp to be soloed.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aina » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:43 am

Kaelie wrote:... as long as you have someone to dispel the silence from the firelords.

Quoted for truth! >_<
Aina

Postby Kaelie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:47 am

Worldie wrote:I've tried to solo some trashs, but they have too many abilities that i couldnt counter (knockbacks, magic, disorients, etc), so i don't think its possible.

They also have way too many hp to be soloed.

Really? The 70 prot warrior I was with could barely hold aggro on the giants because they simply couldn't hit him. They do have a ton of hp, but he had one to half health with two of them on him, I'd have thought SoL would have helped with keeping you up long enough.
Kaelie

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:52 am

Well just consider the first trashs...
The giants have about 400k hp each, i wasnt getting any damage from them except the knockbacks, but good luck on taking down 800k HP in a reasonable time.
The Firelords are impossible to solo, they dot+silence and spawn a zerg of adds.
Those lava thingie around spam knockbacks as well.
The doggies use lots of magic attacks including a disorient.....

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kaelie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:01 am

I'm apparently still thinking like a dps, sorry. I've never seen them knockback, they died too fast. >_< Things that are nothing for 5 seconds will really add up if it takes 15 minutes to kill.
Kaelie

Postby Zonzede » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:14 am

I think you could theoretically 5 man it with 3 mages, a healer, and a tankadin. I'm not sure how difficult it is to handle Domo's healer guards if not sheeping the majority of them, though. Everything else should be doable. Only issue is with so few members, having mana last the whole fight.
Zonzede

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:22 am

We had me aoetanking all the mobs at majordomo and pew pew AoE :roll: that was funny.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Alanyor » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:04 am

We did a with 10 Paladins (!) two month ago.
Weren't able to kill Ragnaros due to the lack of fire resistance on the tank (me). The bosses still havs boss level, so Ragnaros isn't easy at all.

The movie I made in this run can be found here.

Greetings,
Alanyor
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby Flamebeard » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:39 am

The first pull of MC is definitely soloable (the two giants). I did it a few weeks back. Mind you it took me 18 minutes and cost me 22% durability...

Mind you the firelord on the very next pull destroyed me in under 15 seconds.
Flamebeard

Postby enbee » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:43 am

we did garr&geddon with 4 for tf bindings, 1 tank (me!) 1 dps warrior 2 healers who got bored, exept on geddon :>

toughest thing with a low amount of people is firelords (adds)
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Kaelie » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:01 pm

Firelords are evil.

Best thing I've seen in MC at 70 is skipping a ton of trash, though. If you hop off into the lava at the start and head to the right, you can get to Lucifron in something like 4 pulls if you time it right.
Kaelie

Next

Return to General Strats