Glyph choices for 3.0

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Blutreich » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:43 am

wtb a pally version of
Glyph of Blocking: Increases your block value by 10% for 10 seconds after using your Shield Slam ability.
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Blutreich

Postby Nakati » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:34 am

Most of our glyps are rather boring tbh.. atm I am using Glyph of Judgement and Spiritual Attunement, the last one feeling completely pointless as Im never oom anymore. but there seriously arent anything better to pick atm. :S

Later on I will get the SoV expertise glyph and possibly the avenger's shield one. And there is always hopeing they will add some more interessting glyph in the near future. For the time beeing there is not a single minor glyph I can see the benefit of using at all.
Nakati

Postby ShaiHulud » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:40 am

Ivohnix wrote:Agreed. But, on the other hand the extra threat would be nice... Idk, its not like gold is hard to come by, so I will definitely experiment with it ;)

It's not that much extra threat. AS is on a 30 second cooldown. I don't know how long boss fights are in WoTLK but lets say they average 6 minutes like TBC fights. That's 12 Avenger shields. It's really not worth the threat imo.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby cigar3tte » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:59 am

Nakati wrote:Most of our glyps are rather boring tbh.. atm I am using Glyph of Judgement and Spiritual Attunement, the last one feeling completely pointless as Im never oom anymore. but there seriously arent anything better to pick atm. :S

Why not Glyph of Righteous Defense? It's at least not completely useless.
cigar3tte

Postby Ivohnix » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:12 am

ShaiHulud wrote:
Ivohnix wrote:Agreed. But, on the other hand the extra threat would be nice... Idk, its not like gold is hard to come by, so I will definitely experiment with it ;)

It's not that much extra threat. AS is on a 30 second cooldown. I don't know how long boss fights are in WoTLK but lets say they average 6 minutes like TBC fights. That's 12 Avenger shields. It's really not worth the threat imo.

/shrug Its better than having something utterly useless. In a 5 man environment I would prefer the bounces, but during a boss that I am MTing the extra threat is more useful than having holy light do funky things or have LoH return more mana. :P
Proud Blood Knight of Silvermoon

Who will save the savior when his time is nigh?
Ivohnix

Postby Vioarr » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:23 am

How is AS utterly useless when you can still use it on bosses, if it's glyphed or not? When you're doing 4k tps a second, how much more is the glyph really going to add (or make a difference for that matter).
Vioarr
Maintankadonor

Postby Ivohnix » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:26 am

Vioarr wrote:How is AS utterly useless when you can still use it on bosses, if it's glyphed or not? When you're doing 4k tps a second, how much more is the glyph really going to add (or make a difference for that matter).

Hmm...? o.O

The question isn't about whether it is useful or not, because no one has argued that it isn't. The question is during a raid would you rather have a glyph that would never be used, or a slight increase in an ability you use as much as possible?

Ivohnix

Postby Ivohnix » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:00 pm

Oh well, back on topic I suppose.

3.0 = Judgment and RD majors with Sense UD minor.

Ivohnix

Postby Draigor » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:16 pm

For 3.0 it's pretty obvious.
Major:
Glyph of Judgement
Glyph of Righteous Defense
Minor:
Glyph of Lay on Hands
Glyph of Sense Undead

In WotLK at level 80 (again easy choice)
Glyph of Avenger's Shield - Our biggest threat booster glyph in the game so far

Then just have to decide if Glyph of Seal of Vengeance beats the judgement glyph

So far I see nothing I would use for the third minor glyph.
Draigor the Tankadin - Alliance Hellscream EU
Draigor

Postby majiben » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:24 pm

Draigor wrote:So far I see nothing I would use for the third minor glyph.
A gylph of BoS would be a nice start.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Candiru » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:13 am

Seal of the Wise is pretty pro:

halfmana cast on SoW. You only need to cast this if you are nearly OOM, and having it at half mana is handy.

its certainly not a waste of a minor slot, anway.
Candiru

Postby Radience » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:26 am

I'm using in 3.0.2 for major glyphs: Judgment and Seal of Command for when I respec. There simply ain't anything useful for prot imho.

Avenger Shield nerfs utility to do instant threat on 3 targets from 30 yards for slight overall single target TPS increase, there's not a single encounter at 70 where this is needed, perhaps at 80 it will be good.

Righteous Defense glyph is kinda meh as well. Can't really remember when it resisted last time without glyph. Sometimes skill goes on cooldown when using it but there's no resist or immunity message, I don't think glyph would help to solve this. Next patch lowers cd from 10 sec to 8 as well. Only encounter it would be nice is Kalecgos.

Seal of Vengenace will be 3rd one at lv 80 for me, pretty much like passive +10 expertise which is nice.

I wish we had at least one glyph to help deal with incoming damage like warriors, druids and death knights have.

For minor glyphs I'm using Lay on Hands and Sense Undead, haven't seen Seal of Wisdom glyph forsale so far. 3 minor blessing glyphs are quite useless imho, too bad they don't have one to change single sancutary to 30 mins or remove reagent cost on greater BoSanc.
Radience

Postby Macha » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:22 am

Radience wrote:Avenger Shield nerfs utility to do instant threat on 3 targets from 30 yards for slight overall single target TPS increase, there's not a single encounter at 70 where this is needed, perhaps at 80 it will be good.

Indeed. There is not a single encounter where 3-hit AS is needed or even useful, and many where it is downright harmful. That is why the AS glyph is so good.

I wish we had at least one glyph to help deal with incoming damage like warriors, druids and death knights have.

Yes, that's why I consider our glyphs to be meh overall - only got two I really like - AS and SoV glyph.
Macha

Postby Helpunot » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:47 am

Macha wrote:
Radience wrote:Avenger Shield nerfs utility to do instant threat on 3 targets from 30 yards for slight overall single target TPS increase, there's not a single encounter at 70 where this is needed, perhaps at 80 it will be good.

Indeed. There is not a single encounter where 3-hit AS is needed or even useful, and many where it is downright harmful. That is why the AS glyph is so good.

Yes, that's why I consider our glyphs to be meh overall - only got two I really like - AS and SoV glyph.

If your talking about at 70, KJ is a fight that 3 target AS is VERY VERY useful. If you meant at 80, disregard this post.
Helpunot

Postby Talynne » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:49 am

The AS glyph is not meant for threat or anything else for that matter, it's to try to help with the problem some paladins have where they want to pull ONE mob and they can't because the shield bounces 15yd away and pulls that 5 pack mob as well. It's situational at best, but I would like to see Blizz implement the system where you can "turn off" glyphs, we can't replace them or anything but it would be nice to be able to null the effect at times.
Talynne

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK