Healadin combo: HoSacrifice + Bacon?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Wakeman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:49 am

Yes, someone need to report to the beta forum of the typo.

It should be "Bacon" of Light instead of "Beacon" of Light! :twisted:
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Karock » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:51 am

If it's not apple wood smoked it's not worth eating!
Karock

Postby SmurfZG » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:17 am

uhm. I can't believe this hasn't been pointed out yet... Bubble+HoSac is far cheaper than bacon, you take 0 damage and can concentrate on healing the tank/others. Both are 12 second buffs.
SmurfZG

Postby Candiru » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:07 am

Bubble is a 5min CD though, or if you are prot lol healing you can just bubble for 30% reduction or HoS+bubble for a ~50% damage reduction.
Candiru

Postby sherck » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:43 am

SmurfZG wrote:uhm. I can't believe this hasn't been pointed out yet... Bubble+HoSac is far cheaper than bacon, you take 0 damage and can concentrate on healing the tank/others. Both are 12 second buffs.

Mana is NOT an issue with Healadins right now that I can see.

Replunishment is sick right now....and we get Divine Plea at level 71...

Mana is NOT an issue until we get to level 80 raids where fights last longer than 2-3 minutes....which is not happening at T4 and below content at the moment.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby SmurfZG » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:31 am

sherck wrote:
SmurfZG wrote:uhm. I can't believe this hasn't been pointed out yet... Bubble+HoSac is far cheaper than bacon, you take 0 damage and can concentrate on healing the tank/others. Both are 12 second buffs.

Mana is NOT an issue until we get to level 80 raids where fights last longer than 2-3 minutes....which is not happening at T4 and below content at the moment.

Cheers,

I go oom in sunwell because my gear is relatively crappy, I can't downrank and I can't chain pots. I'm sure someone's in a similar boat.
SmurfZG

Postby sherck » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:13 am

SmurfZG wrote:
sherck wrote:

Cheers,

I go oom in sunwell because my gear is relatively crappy, I can't downrank and I can't chain pots. I'm sure someone's in a similar boat.

Sorry, I am sure there are people doing T5/T6 that might be in that boat.

I am only doing T4/4.5 right now because my guild fell apart just as I was making level 70 (I am the kiss of death...lol) and lost it's ability to field 25 raiders.

And in Kara/ZA/Heroics, since the patch, I don't think I have ever been under about 70% by the end of a fight if I started the fight at 100%. Heck that is probably generous, I don't know that I have been under 76% for sure.

The other night, I ended up single healing Maiden as well as being the only Cleanser (the other healer D/C at the beginning of the fight) and I ended the fight with 76% mana left!!

I am pretty well geared for Kara/ZA with about 3/4 T4 epics/badge gear and 1/4 level 70 quest blues. 1070 SP unbuffed, 1135 with consumables. 10.4K mana, 21% crit with Holy (27% on Holy Shock / Holy Light), 130 MP5 with Imp Wisdom.

And I could not go OOM in the kind of fights that I am encountering if I had to bet my life on it.

So, my perspective is as a low-level raider. Sunwell might be A LOT different.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby GothicPL » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:43 pm

sherck wrote:Mana is NOT an issue with Healadins right now that I can see.

Mana definitely becomes an issue in lvl 80 heroics if you run with no CC and no replenishment. Remember, you can't downrank HL any more - a huge mana efficiency implication and FoL/HS is not enough to keep the tank up when he has 3-4 heroic level mobs beating on him. Divine Please helps a little bit, but you absolutely have to manage your mana at lvl 80.
GothicPL

Postby Joanadark » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:50 pm

having to manage your mana and abilities =/= there is a mana problem

I hate it when it is somehow implied that the fact that you'll run oom if you faceroll maxranks mindlessly and use none of your timers at all equals "mana being a problem".

You have the longest stun in the game, on a cooldown that lets you use it at least every other pull to practically eliminate one of the mobs from the equation. It costs like 100 mana.

You have HoSac, which will NOT kill you. There is honestly no reason to bubble through hand of sac. I use hand of sac on 25-man Patchwerk hateful strike tanks and it wont ever threaten my life.

Dont macro your Divine Favor and Divine Illumination to all your healing spells and then forget about them. I know lots of people who all seem to think this is a good idea. Divine Illumination when you aren't going to be casting at least two holy Lights (and preferably refreshing Beacon) during it's duration is a wasted use of this timer.

Hand of Protection DPS. Its generally a million times cheaper than healing them through damage.

Dont group with people who stand in fire.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Levantine » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:54 pm

BUT IT'S SO PRETTY!
Levantine

Postby Joanadark » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Also, i've prolly said this before, but its worth repeating.

Stop stacking haste. It is BAD for paladins now. Your primary stat is flat Intellect, followed by crit rating, and then +spell power.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Wakeman » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:19 am

Sorry, but I can't resist making a new signature for this thread...... :P
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:23 am

Joanadark wrote:Also, i've prolly said this before, but its worth repeating.

Stop stacking haste. It is BAD for paladins now. Your primary stat is flat Intellect, followed by crit rating, and then +spell power.
INteresting, why is that?
A cap due to infusion? Maybe it's lost much of it's value with infusion?
Or is just plain and simple that int > haste?
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby SmurfZG » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:40 am

why is int better than crit?
SmurfZG

Postby Candiru » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:47 am

Int boosts spellpower, crit, max mana and mp5(via Divine plea and replenishment, also SoW,JoW if you are desperate)

Int boosts everything!

Crit only boosts Crit. Its still a good stat to stack, but with talents you get what,
5%+5%+3%=13% crit to holy
another 6%+5% to holy light (with 2T6) = 13+11=24%

And then your base 5% ish means you can have 29% crit naked.

Flash of light also gets +50% from sacred shield procs.

The more crit you stack, the less effective stacking more becomes, while stacking spellpower becomes better.

Sacred shield dosen't benefit from crit, while it does benefit from spellpower.
Candiru

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK