Remove Advertisements

Boss Health Un-Nerf?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Boss Health Un-Nerf?

Postby Wulfhere » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:11 am

I was looking at the WWS parse from our MH Winterchill - Kaz kills last night and it appears that their health matches what it was pre-3.0. We did not do MH last week after the patch, so I don't have a direct comparison. We did do BT on the patch week and all the bosses we did showed the expected 30% health nerf from pre-patch parses. Did bosses get stealth un-nerfed on maintenance day?
Wulfhere

Postby Lore » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:27 am

Nope, Sunwell last night was still a joke.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:24 am

Might be worth knowing that Hyjal was -not- affected by the HP nerf and damage nerf ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Wulfhere » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:33 am

Worldie wrote:Might be worth knowing that Hyjal was -not- affected by the HP nerf and damage nerf ;)

Yes! Good call. I finally thought to search for some MH parses from the patch week and all is the same. False alarm, carry on.
Wulfhere

Postby Ceoss » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:24 pm

Worldie wrote:Might be worth knowing that Hyjal was -not- affected by the HP nerf and damage nerf ;)

Patch notes from Wowhead.com states:

"All raid dungeons from Karazhan TO Sunwell Plateau as well as the outdoor encounters of Doom Lord Kazzak and Doomwalker have been adjusted and now all creatures and bosses have less health points and do less damage."
Ceoss

Postby Dendrah » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:00 am

I would have said that they only did the outland dungeons but then Karazhan is also in the old world.
Dendrah

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:07 am

Ceoss wrote:

"All raid dungeons from Karazhan TO Sunwell Plateau as well as the outdoor encounters of Doom Lord Kazzak and Doomwalker have been adjusted and now all creatures and bosses have less health points and do less damage."

I can read

Hyjal still was not affected by the changes. Eventually they realized it was enough easy as it was.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby caboom » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:00 am

Worldie wrote:
Ceoss wrote:

I can read

Hyjal still was not affected by the changes. Eventually they realized it was enough easy as it was.

but i wanted to 5 man it q.q
caboom

Postby 2ndNin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:01 am

Umm, you basically can.

I was tanking 6 aboms with 1 healer on me, and the rest of the wave, its really easy now, the trash doesn't hit as hard for sure, health may be same but damage / hit is def down on trash at least.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:30 am

2ndNin wrote:Umm, you basically can.

I was tanking 6 aboms with 1 healer on me, and the rest of the wave, its really easy now, the trash doesn't hit as hard for sure, health may be same but damage / hit is def down on trash at least.

Or probably just your mitigation bigger.

Bosses were for sure hitting me for same as before (which is, Winterchill for nothing, Anetheron for nothing, Kazrogal was scratching my boobs, Azgalor was attempting to splatter me on the ground, Archimonde actually managed to kill me)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby vschiano2008 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:11 am

WOW.

We 2 tanked it tuesday, first attempt after patch.

Raid leader was like WTF this shit was nerfed, why is dps so slow on rage..

I actually never tanked the bosses before, but I tanked all except Kaz'rogal. I assumed the damage/hp was reduced..

We didn't do archi.. we had 6 pugs (nobody wants to raid since illidan down and 3.0 patch).. i guess he hasn't be nerfed either then.

people we're like "i heard there's no more fire" "i heard theres no more fear" "i heard he self destructs at 95% health"

nubs
vschiano2008

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:56 am

Archi is exactly like before, simply with the stronger healing and DPS, you kill him easily. We survived about 5 deaths almost in a row (new people who havent ever seen it) plus myself dead at 14% and still killed it.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Falibard » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:48 am

Worldie wrote:Bosses were for sure hitting me for same as before (which is, Winterchill for nothing, Anetheron for nothing, Kazrogal was scratching my boobs, Azgalor was attempting to splatter me on the ground, Archimonde actually managed to kill me)

You know what's funny...at one point last night someone asked me what Rage was hitting me for and I had to reply, "Umm... I'm not sure. I don't think he's hit me yet". Then I watched my combat text for a good 30 seconds looking for a hit, but then I got bored of it. Still not sure what he was hitting for...
Falibard

Postby steadypal » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:01 pm

a few got used to easymode BT, we did hyjal last night, and RL was like dps sucks bosses not dying quick, so infact hyjal has not had all mobs hp reduced?
steadypal

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:37 pm

Hyjal is exactly the same as pre 3.0

Hence, still a easy place. Easier due to increased raid dps - healing.

And Falibard, i think i got one hit from winterchill for ~3k damage at some point, not sure about that. Even with the DR on avoidance, i'm still over 75% raidbuffed...

Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to Mt. Hyjal