Remove Advertisements

the achievement system SUCKS

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Sheherezade » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Khisvir wrote:
djlar wrote:I'm so going th SW with my rogue and at least getting the 5 kills and stockades, if I could solo Dire Maul I don't see a problem with stockades.

On SW can you pass the lvl 80 elite guards stealthed? or you always get aggro?

Had a druid friend that got caught trying to stealth into Ogrimmar, so you'll prob get aggro.

gl stealthing in there with lvl 75 mobs walking around... >.<
Brainssss... ( <3 Murata Renge!)
Sheherezade

Postby Pizbit » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:55 pm

I only died twice riding in as a restoration shaman, go in the back entrance to keep away from the horde.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Hiroko » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:47 am

The only ones I'm a bit miffed about is no credit for BWL and AQ40, but shouldn't be too much trouble to find enough people wanting the achievement to plow through them both in an evening.

As for the rest of the classic dungeons - we're prot pallies - we can solo every one ;) (with the exception of needing 3 people to get tho the early part of ubrs)

Did all of Dire Maul, Strat and Scholo and all the lower ones I was missing over the weekend - was fun to go back and visit some of the places I haven't been to for years. All classics dungeons now completed :)

Rest of the stuff will just come as it comes.

It does makes the World Events more interesting though.
Normally I don't take much interest in them, but this year with the achievements I am doing entering into more of the halloween event than ever.

wtb a better way of tracking them though - guess we just wait for a few addons to be developed.
Hiroko

Postby Chanticleer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:41 am

Don't forget 3 bodies for Uldaman as well
Chanticleer

Postby degre » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:02 am

Bk992004 wrote:
Belloc wrote:
degre wrote:
Khayne wrote:Can´t think anyone would be as stupid as start questioning all draeneis/blood elves about "Wy u no killed C'thun, nub!" or all DK´s about not killing Kil'Jaeden.

Why? Arent DK already in game? Yesterday we noticed people selling DK's glyphs in AH :roll:

... Have you seen any death knights?

No, they're not in the game.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't asking the question seriously, rather making fun of the people buying DK glyphs. Well, probably making fun of the sellers, but if people are dumb enough to buy them, you can't really make fun of the people selling to them.

Was more aimed at people not able to understand that this patch is not LK, and for some reason are believing that the DK is or might already be here...
Anyway, won't make fun of the sellers, if the market wants DK's glyphs, that you sell.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby djlar » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:04 am

I wonder how Death Knights will do all those achievments, since they start at a high level? would you see DK's in lowbie dungeons soloing?
djlar

Postby Vanifae » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:18 am

djlar wrote:I wonder how Death Knights will do all those achievments, since they start at a high level? would you see DK's in lowbie dungeons soloing?

Yes.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Hankthetank » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:04 pm

degre wrote:Was more aimed at people not able to understand that this patch is not LK, and for some reason are believing that the DK is or might already be here...
Anyway, won't make fun of the sellers, if the market wants DK's glyphs, that you sell.

I think the point is that, as far as the servers are concerned, LK actuall IS already here. It's there on the creation screen. The new talents are in. The new areas are in. The new graphics are in.

The only reason people don't have death knights or aren't leveling or aren't actually exploring the new areas is simple. It requires that the LK expansion be activated on the account. That won't be possible until the boxes hit the shelf on the release date.

However, it should be noted that the release date, a Thursday, is not even a normal downtime day. I expect that Blizzard is doing all they can to make sure there is zero downtime, but there will not be another big downtime to prepare the servers for the expansion, because as I said, it's already active.
Hankthetank

Postby djlar » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:19 pm

I haven't noticed until yesterday, there are NEW FOOD and DRINKS in inns and bars!!!

Lvl 65 Drinks restore about 9600 mana and lvl 70 foods restore 11.5K HP, haven't found a lvl 70 mana drink yet, there are also lvl 75 food and drinks around..
djlar

Postby Khisvir » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:35 pm

Managed to get the Ragefire Achievement.

Getting in was easy...zoomed in the back door on my broom, and swooped down into the intance in about 15 seconds.

Stupidly, once i killed the boss, I thought I'd zoom back out instead of hearthing, as I wanted to hit WC and the Razorfen instances while I was there. Damn guard knocked me off my broom, and I got piled on by about 10 horde players.

So if you decide to try it, hearth out.
Space for rent - reasonable rates
Khisvir

Postby cryst » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:31 pm

Khisvir wrote:Managed to get the Ragefire Achievement.

Getting in was easy...zoomed in the back door on my broom, and swooped down into the intance in about 15 seconds.

Stupidly, once i killed the boss, I thought I'd zoom back out instead of hearthing, as I wanted to hit WC and the Razorfen instances while I was there. Damn guard knocked me off my broom, and I got piled on by about 10 horde players.

Should've stayed for The Fishing Diplomat achievement.
cryst
Maintankadonor

Postby Khisvir » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:33 pm

Cryst wrote:
Khisvir wrote:Managed to get the Ragefire Achievement.

Should've stayed for The Fishing Diplomat achievement.

Did that one about 3 am a few days ago :wink:
Space for rent - reasonable rates
Khisvir

Previous

Return to General