Remove Advertisements

Pvp at 80?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Pvp at 80?

Postby Sheherezade » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:29 pm

Has anyone been trying out to pvp with a tank spec at 80?

How is it like?

I'm asking because I feel pretty imba already when I pvp, the hammer crits(frequently, I might add) for about 2-2,5k on 3 targets in pvp, and I got pretty bad gear. We have a skill with long range that's perfect for slowing down attackers/runners to catch up with them, a nice damage reduction (even without those new 3%) and snare reduction from toughness...

I'm longing for trying out ShoR in pvp...3 weeks and 5 lvls left! :P
Brainssss... ( <3 Murata Renge!)
Sheherezade

Postby Sheherezade » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:14 am

damn I'm lousy at making posts :P

61 views and not a single answer...

is there really nobody that has tried pvp with prot spec at 80 or is it a 12-page thread somewhere else?
Or is it just too uninteresting to be worthy of an answer? :(
Sheherezade

Postby Equillian » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:04 am

Don't worry about the response. The guys and gals here really arent major pvpers.

As far as prot pvp -

Weaknesses:
1: Casters and anything that can Kite.
2: Mana regain during pvp. Salv is great, but without the ability to be hit/healed constantly, we're OOMadins pretty quick.
3: Classes that ignore us.

Strengths (that we didnt have pre WOTLK/3.0):

1: Rogues who think we're holy and have killed themselves before they realize, they're killing themselves.
2: Hunters who think "lolpally".
3: 6sec duration / 20sec stun (talent + pvp armor bonus) and AS make for good flag runner stops
4: 6sec duration / 20sec stun (talent + pvp armor bonus) and AS make us good flag runners

We're good. It's not the best pvp spec by any means, but it's completely doable. Swap to Stam/SD gear and we can even pose as a healer in BG.
I always have a minute, sometimes its taken by someone, but there's always the next.
Equillian

Postby Sheherezade » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:12 am

well, I'm loving it where it is atm. So much fun :)
I bet I'm gonna love it at 80 as well with the holy shieldslap and better pvp gear (I got like, 30 resilience or something atm, lol)

and thanx for the reply...was a bit fun to watch the "views" increase all the time and no answers, was wondering how high it'd go before someone answered, hehe
Sheherezade

Postby uke » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:31 am

FYI the PVP set bonus is changing from -10 seconds on HoJ cooldown to one less second cooldown on Judgements. Apparently they felt that stunning for 7 seconds (w/ glyph) every 20 seconds was a bit too OP.
uke

Postby Elsie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:36 am

uke wrote:FYI the PVP set bonus is changing from -10 seconds on HoJ cooldown to one less second cooldown on Judgements. Apparently they felt that stunning for 7 seconds (w/ glyph) every 20 seconds was a bit too OP.

Nerf Shadow Dance, stun for 25 seconds every CD.
Elsie

Postby Garwin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:52 am

did a bit of PVPing in the PVP zone witha level 80 premade, stacked for AP/str + stamina from my gear and proceeded to get swamed by tanks and packs of 5 horde.

in the moments that I got to actualy enjoy a bit of 1/2(them) v 1(me) I really enjoyed blocking, hammering, sheildslowing them and sheild bashing them.

when I beat them both into the dirt (with a bit of classy dancing and stunning) I tended to get ganked by Tanks and packs of 5 horde ..

as you should do when your an 80 premade alliance noob who's still trying to set up his interface and binds 8)

most enjoyable was staying in the "alliance scrum" tieing up people who were after healers / casters and using avengers sheild and HoW to slow and kill horde runners.

I'm no harecore PVPer through, I barely know what a 2handed weapon looks like
Garwin

Postby uke » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:04 am

Elsie wrote:
uke wrote:FYI the PVP set bonus is changing from -10 seconds on HoJ cooldown to one less second cooldown on Judgements. Apparently they felt that stunning for 7 seconds (w/ glyph) every 20 seconds was a bit too OP.

Nerf Shadow Dance, stun for 25 seconds every CD.

You're preaching to the choir, dude.
uke

Postby uke » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:06 am

Garwin wrote:
when I beat them both into the dirt (with a bit of classy dancing and stunning) I tended to get ganked by Tanks and packs of 5 horde ..

as you should do when your an 80 premade alliance noob who's still trying to set up his interface and binds 8)

Rule number 1 about war both in real life and in WoW:

If you find yourself in a 'fair fight', you didn't bring enough people 8)
uke

Postby Sechs » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:26 pm

PvPing in prot is alot more viable now, tho the lack of ShoR kinda sucks right now as it severely limits what classes i even have a chance to beat right now. :p

It's just so win when you get see that rare warrior rogue combo in a BG and just own there asses before they even realizes it. xD

When we get dual specs am planing on having one prot pvp and one prot pve spec what am thinking of right now --> http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... 1533312301
Sechs

Postby MonkH » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:20 pm

ive been more put off pvp with the patch, bcus b4 used to be able to soak loads dmg in bgs i was able to carry flag, take ages to die while defending flag in ab but atm i just get zerged in seconds.
ontop of this if u dont have any mana batterys in ur bg then u dont have enuf mana to kill a healer, feeling completely usless atm :roll:
Daeden Prot Pala of EU-Frostmane.

Classes also played:
Druid, Warlock, Priest, Warrior, and now Paladin
MonkH

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:06 pm

Ow, my eyes. T.T
Levantine

Postby Kethion » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:26 pm

In like 5 naxx epics I am able to roflstomp most heavy armor and melee classes. Casters hurt though :<
Kethion

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:37 pm

The fact that we are heavy armored melee that use magic damage makes us a perfect anti-heavy armor , and also rogues, since their Evasion is useless against our unresistable / undodgable attacks.
ShoR cannot be dodged, judgement of vengeance even if resisted still applies the DoT, avenger shield cannot be dodged, things like those.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Kethion » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:49 pm

Worldie wrote:The fact that we are heavy armored melee that use magic damage makes us a perfect anti-heavy armor , and also rogues, since their Evasion is useless against our unresistable / undodgable attacks.
ShoR cannot be dodged, judgement of vengeance even if resisted still applies the DoT, avenger shield cannot be dodged, things like those.
Quite true, but in regards to evasion they do get 25% to ranged so HotR and Avenger's Shield (counts as ranged right?) still are a slightly effective. Also on an offnote, prot warriors are probably the hardest of the heavy armor classes purely because of shield slam's dispel and their large helth pool can make us go OOM. Either way it's generally an easy match.
Kethion

Next

Return to WotLK