GC: Tanks AoE buffed to prevent Pally AoE nerf.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

GC: Tanks AoE buffed to prevent Pally AoE nerf.

Postby DeadMilliken » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:50 pm

To those that wish to still qq over other tanks getting our toys...GC posted this up in the warrior forum:

Our choice was to nerf paladin AE threat or buff it for the other classes. We chose the latter because it seemed like more people thought it was more fun.

We certainly don't want you to have trouble putting together a group for a 5-player instance. We just don't want to go to the other extreme where CC is irrelevant. There are a lot of CC abilities and talents and some classes are balanced around their CC utility. We just don't want it to become a PVP only thing.

So there you have it, we weren't keeping our niche one way or the other.
If you haven't already, learn to deal with it.

Source:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... id=2000#31
DeadMilliken

Postby Elsie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:57 pm

just means our aoe mitigation will get buffed instead of thunderclap being nerfed.

Actually... I thought this was in reference to TC/shockwave in wotlk. This post has nothing to do with wotlk - it's about giving warriors aoe threat abilities after someone tanked heroic MgT.

Paladins still have higher aoe threat, and lower aoe mitigation. Please read the other threads, and learn to deal with it.
Elsie

Postby dmok » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:25 pm

I agree with Elsie. GC was simply stating the reasoning behind the change which was made months ago to give the other tanking classes more AoE viability.

to be honest, we still do *have* the AoE tanking niche in that we can generate the most consistant and reliable aggro against a large group of mobs, including late-commers. Sure the other classes can manage well too, but something like having some mobs enter AoE range 2-3s after a TC will still result in threat issues, especially if you are then stunned by an Abom.

In the end, I am happy. I am no longer required to hop in for those AoE trash packs, and can sit back and let someone else take a turn breaking their shield so I have a shot at the boss.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Lore » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:16 pm

dmok wrote:GC was simply stating the reasoning behind the change which was made months ago to give the other tanking classes more AoE viability.

This.
Lore
Global Mod

Return to WotLK