Remove Advertisements

@scotthew, Psiven, or smart ppls

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

@scotthew, Psiven, or smart ppls

Postby callimar » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Was looking for the lvl 70 wpn spread sheet that psiven said earlier. Currently trying to decide between HoJ w/ SP ench, or Rising Tide w/ Potency. I get HoTR is gonna hit harder with Rising but what will be the TPS loss on exorcism, HS, AS, holy wrath, Consecrate, and even judging SoV. Is the trade off here going to be worth it or are we better off sticking to SD till wrath lands.
The reason I include exorcism and HW is because on brute I do my best to keep them all on CD right now.

Btw looked at psivens post as of 9014 build but I am chart retarted and stopped reading at about page 23 or 24.

Thanks

Callimar
callimar

Postby PsiVen » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:04 pm

Please post questions about the spreadsheets in that thread.

While all non-demon/undead abilities are included in the calculations, I do not know the Exorcism/HW coefficients, so yes, it is possible that including them in rotations would cause SP weapons to pull ahead. Given the low importance of threat I would still suggest that you use a weapon with tanking stats rather than either of those.

I probably will not bother with the effort of including these as Exo/HW are not worth using at level 80. I can tell you that Rising Tide will serve you better as a leveling weapon in a few weeks.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Elsie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:39 am

I probably will not bother with the effort of including these as Exo/HW are not worth using at level 80. I can tell you that Rising Tide will serve you better as a leveling weapon in a few weeks.

That's kinda arguable with the rotations posted. Ideally you can cast Exorcism or holy wrath 3 times per 2 minutes.
Elsie

Postby PsiVen » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm not sure what you mean. There are no free GCDs whatsoever in an 80 rotation, and from the numbers I've seen Exo/HW are lower threat per cast than any other ability you could be casting instead.
PsiVen

Postby callimar » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:41 pm

Ya for this psi I was just figuring out what would be best at 70 for tps thats why I was looking for scotts spread sheet. I only rotate exor/hw in when AS is on CD. I used Rising tide on brute last night and it worked just fine, then switched SP weapon in for felmyst. Sorry for the confusion.
callimar

Postby Elsie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:41 pm

PsiVen wrote:I'm not sure what you mean. There are no free GCDs whatsoever in an 80 rotation, and from the numbers I've seen Exo/HW are lower threat per cast than any other ability you could be casting instead.

There's an opening for Sacred Shield, Exorcism, or Holy Wrath 3 times per 2 minutes if you don't take improved judgment assuming my play-by-play was correct. I recall thinking you could get it down to 2 if the abilities were used a little differently.
Elsie

Postby PsiVen » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:54 pm

Hmm, in fact you could replace every 18 seconds HW,Exo,HW,Exo which is 10/3 casts/min.

But if my numbers are indeed correct that's still worse than actually taking Improved Judgement.
PsiVen

Postby Elsie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:27 pm

PsiVen wrote:Hmm, in fact you could replace every 18 seconds HW,Exo,HW,Exo which is 10/3 casts/min.

But if my numbers are indeed correct that's still worse than actually taking Improved Judgement.

probably, but someone might want to take kings, or divine guardian, or god-forbid reckoning for some reason instead. Or go up to improved LOH.
Elsie

Postby Jobah » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:18 pm

You should just do what i do...

3 weapons

dps weapon for hammer of the wrath
spell dmg weapon for threat
and a tank weapon.

I have a macro written, for hammer of the wrath.

/equip dps weapon
/cast hammer of overpoweredness
/equip spell dmg or tank weapon.

My thinking though... tanking weapon is gonna be first priority come lvl 80 raiding. My threat is so retarded with whatever weapon i use that i dont really think it matters. Come level 80 its gonna be about the tank weapon for progression, so might as well spend my dkp on that first.
Jobah

Postby Kathane » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:23 pm

Jobah wrote:You should just do what i do...

3 weapons

and a tank weapon.

/equip dps weapon

You do realize you're blowing 3 GCD's to accomplish that in combat, right?
"What's the kill order?"
"This room, the next room, the hallway, and then the boss."
*throws shield*

Kathane

Postby Elsie » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:04 pm

Kathane wrote:
Jobah wrote:You should just do what i do...

3 weapons

and a tank weapon.

/equip dps weapon

You do realize you're blowing 3 GCD's to accomplish that in combat, right?

Two, since you can equip weapons while on the GCD.

Actually that macro is funny since you will equip your dps weapon, hammer will fail since you're on GCD, then equip your spell dmg or tank weapon.
Elsie

Return to WotLK