Remove Advertisements

My synopsis of Paladin glyphs. (TL;DR: CRAP.)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Elsie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:08 pm

Falibard wrote:
DeadMilliken wrote:Glyph of the FryingPan
Spatula of the Righteous has a chance to create "Bacon of Light"(1/1 unique) when you strike an enemy. If you eat the bacon of light, you gain 10str and hammer of the Righteous will now make a sizzling sound when used for the next 30mins.

Fixed.

Clearly what WoW lacks is the never ending sizzle of bacon.

I have a feeling stuff like this will be all over paladins come April 1st.
Elsie

Postby Macha » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:18 pm

Splug wrote:Are your parries-per-minute using WotLK rotations or TBC rotations (Re: No parry-provoking instants)? It's also possible I just have the rotation wrong, due to replacing hammer/shield with exorcism...

-Splug

I just checked again. It were TBC rotations, my WOTLK rotations actually have less parries. Equals out if you add in deflect, and nobody has any idea what that does to boss speed.

Yes, I really have a lot of expertise - I'm human and really, really like swords.
Macha

Postby sherck » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:50 am

Yeah, my 2 cents as a Holy...

Glyph of Holy Light. Required for Holy.
Glyph of Seal of Light. + 5% heal for free? Uh, yeah.
Glyph of Seal of Wisdom. -5% mana cost on heals. For long fights.

I can get the minor one that adds 20% mana back on LoH because I will probably use that on almost every boss fight (assuming they are 16 minutes apart).

Other than those, I don't see any that really help a healing Pally.

I agree that I wish more were like AS and HL that actually change to mechanics of the spell to give choices, rather than the one like SoL which is more like the use of 5 free talent points.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Teyrocar » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:11 am

I honestly was going to get the Avenger's Shield glyph, except it wasn't available at 70 and so I got stuck without it.

However, now that I've actually USED Avenger's Shield in its new form, I don't think I want the glyph.

Why? The glyph does only one thing: Add another spellcast to your main-tanking rotation. Well, I don't need the extra threat. My threat right now is superior to all the other tanks in my guild and I have no trouble keeping up with even the ret pallies in their currently OP form. At 75 I'm going to get yet ANOTHER single-target threat tool, Shield of Righteousness.

That said, Avenger's Shield is FAR more useful to me in its current form. If I desperately needed the threat, I can still use AS regardless of whether I have the glyph or not, but at that point I have Consecration and Exorcism (if the boss is demon/undead) to use. The glyph really isn't necessary and there are better major glyphs to get.
Teyrocar

Re: My synopsis of Paladin glyphs. (TL;DR: CRAP.)

Postby Arcand » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Warcraft wrote:CRAP. Hammer of Wrath is to finish off runners.

Crappy unsupported claim.

When I'm healing in PvP on my shaman, I sometimes get obliterated by a retadin who blows all his cooldowns and gets me to zero with HoW. Sometimes it wins them the node, or whatever.
Arcand

Re: My synopsis of Paladin glyphs. (TL;DR: CRAP.)

Postby Obrimos » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:05 pm

Arcand wrote:
Warcraft wrote:CRAP. Hammer of Wrath is to finish off runners.

Crappy unsupported claim.

When I'm healing in PvP on my shaman, I sometimes get obliterated by a retadin who blows all his cooldowns and gets me to zero with HoW. Sometimes it wins them the node, or whatever.

This also makes it into a kind of enrage/execute combination. Pop AW when the boss is at less than 35% as a Retadin and go to town.
Obrimos

Postby Diocaska » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:45 am

I'm still on the fence with the AS glyph.

I still though believe its better to have the utility there to be able to pick up multiple mobs from it, thus I'll probably be looking over it. Definately will be a nice little boost to single target tps (readas: Boss mobs in most cases), but I'd rather keep the utility at first.

Definately respect if people choose to use it, but my person opinion right now is to stick with the Judgement, Vegence, and Righteous Defence glyphs as my Majors come lv 80.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Previous

Return to WotLK