Remove Advertisements

How common is this becomming with 3.0

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

How common is this becomming with 3.0

Postby jcamper1337 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:45 am

Last night we were doing MH and the other tanks couldent hold agro off me for the life of them. The warrior, druid, and the other pally tank my guild decides to bring couldent hold agro off me i keept getting them all on me at all times.

Then during Rage i guess i stoped paying attention
(our warrior tanks all the bosses while i just tank trash and the adds from 2nd and 4th boss)
I just happned to pull threat I was told at the time i was pulling 3k tps at the time i pulled and i was just doing a normal attack cycle. I guess we can really give the warriors a run for there money on genning theat on undead bosses. I found it weird because i wasnt taking dammage at all so I wasnt expecting to gen that much threat.

This happen to anyone else lately?
jcamper1337

Postby warden » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:34 am

Didn't have it happen in Hyjal, but I accidentally ended up tanking Naj helping some friends do BT the other day.. Honestly, I was just trying to keep a judgement up and do a bit of dps, but accidentally blew past the MT on threat. I wondered if a couple hunters weren't accidentlly misdirecting to me instead of him.
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Dapaladin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:19 am

Judgement of light alove will generate 2kish threat depending on the amount of AoE damage on the raid.

All the healing done by your judgement of light is placed as YOUR healing thus generating threat on our 2.43% modifier. (i think thats the modifier number?)
Dapaladin

Postby warden » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:20 am

Ya, that's probably what it was. I had a load of healing done (#3, next to the ret pally and a circle priest), but most of my and the ret pally's healing was overheal, which, as I recall doesn't generate threat? Also, I can see this being an issue midway through the fight, but 5-10 seconds in? Eh.. either way, he went down.
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Dendrah » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:14 pm

The other day on Bloodboil I died when he was at around 50%.

I got a battlerez and guess what... That huge gab my OT had on me was almost closed by the time Gurgtogg was dead 2 minutes later.
Stupid me even forgot to pop his wings or use hand of sacrifice to get damage and as such healing for mana.

A battlerez on a tankadin on non tauntable bosses who still have 60% HP is not a waste. You just blow your CD's and catch him in a rather short time.
Dendrah

Postby knaughty » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:22 pm

Dapaladin wrote:Judgement of light alove will generate 2kish threat depending on the amount of AoE damage on the raid.

All the healing done by your judgement of light is placed as YOUR healing thus generating threat on our 2.43% modifier. (i think thats the modifier number?)

0.5 x 1.43 x 1.9 = about 1.4
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby caboom » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:41 am

3 letters : J o L

tips : tell em all to slap vigilance on you and spam taunt the mobs they are tanking, no more devastate + shield bash/mangle + maul and they are the man. :D
caboom

Postby Jobah » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:24 pm

Agreeing with the person above me, its the judgement of light, every person it heals the threat is attributed to you, with your RF multiplier. Welcome to the world of broken paladins.

For bosses... might wanna click off that rigtheous fury, unless ur supposed to be 2nd in agro. If thats the case, ull probably have to hold back on your DPS and be weary of ur tps and dont push over the MT. I like how we went from being the worst OT to where we are now... blizzard is silly.
Jobah

Postby ShaiHulud » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:27 am

Jobah wrote:Agreeing with the person above me, its the judgement of light, every person it heals the threat is attributed to you, with your RF multiplier. Welcome to the world of broken paladins.

For bosses... might wanna click off that rigtheous fury, unless ur supposed to be 2nd in agro. If thats the case, ull probably have to hold back on your DPS and be weary of ur tps and dont push over the MT. I like how we went from being the worst OT to where we are now... blizzard is silly.

I do BT/Hyjal pugs weekly and as long as the other tanks are equally geared to me I can usually rip aggro. Last night tho a 6pc t6 warrior was ripping off me left and right. God damn 5k shield slams >.<
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Return to Mt. Hyjal