Mother and Illidan

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Mother and Illidan

Postby Dendrah » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:26 am

Well we killed RoS as well... This place really is nerved!

Now we faced Mother and couldn't make it past 54% because everyone died one after the other. We didn't have time to collect many HoD's so we'll go with 40-80 shadow resist from gear and hope we can down her.

What bothers me more is Illidan. We only have one fire resist tank.
I have 50 badges lying around and my warrior buddies are not higher.

How can we gear for fighting the flames with a minimum of fireresist gear? I assume anti crit cap and massive HP will do most? Or does avoidance help too? What about blockvalue and armor?
Dendrah

Postby Torquemada » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:59 am

For Mother I'm wearing the cloak and bracers, and keeping 490 defense. If this were pre-3.0 I'd be wearing the Medallion as well, but I can't.

We had very little issue with the Shadow damage. Your people who get the bomb just have to spread out and they won't die. The fight is a joke.

Illidan kept locking up when we tried it, so we didn't get him this week, but you need to be FR capped. I'm not having issues with crits so much as I am with the Fire damage.

Also, BOO. I could/should be tanking Illidan, but stupid me, I was one of the tanks in the guild dumb enough to buy the max FR gear(So I could tank Leo when the Warlock was out of town).
Torquemada

Re: Mother and Illidan

Postby sanctifico » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:15 am

Dendrah wrote:How can we gear for fighting the flames with a minimum of fireresist gear? I assume anti crit cap and massive HP will do most? Or does avoidance help too? What about blockvalue and armor?

If your confident in your healers, it may be possible (if you move very well from flames/beams) to run with less than 290 unbuffed fres.

But for learning the fight, the cap IS needed imo.

You DON'T have to be uncrittable (its nice but not needed), so if you can find green fire res items or the Blue craftables, you can use them.

With the new changes, you can now block elemental attacks in addition to dodge/parry/miss, but this doesnt help for the flame patches or trails left on the ground.

IMO, get what you can in terms of Fire res be it blue green or badge gear & pop a chromatic resistance flask if needed.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Stilgarr » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:15 am

Tried last night with the Badge gear (stupid me for admitting I had badges) and the aura for 270 FR.

Took hits for around 3.5k which was not too bad, but picking the blue kit up and stacking Def / Stam gems in it to max it out.

We wiped due to me being the only tank with any FR kit :(

Tonight we're going with me maxed and a Warrior fairly close to the 270 I had last night.

Cant see it being a problem. Almost makes me feel guilty about these fights tbh, pre-patch we were on RoS, now we are about to drop the last guy in under 7 days with 4 new bosses down.
Stilgarr

Postby Dendrah » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:25 am

Cool!!! I'm gonna force our blacksmith to start crafting :D
Dendrah

Postby Makaijin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:37 am

sanctifico wrote:With the new changes, you can now block elemental attacks in addition to dodge/parry/miss, but this doesnt help for the flame patches or trails left on the ground.

Elemental attacks are now blockable? this is news to me, have to test it to see if it's true or not.

Edit: Just went down to Shadowmoon and tanked some elementals, the elemental attacks are indeed blockable.
Makaijin

Postby sanctifico » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:55 am

Makaijin wrote:
sanctifico wrote:With the new changes, you can now block elemental attacks in addition to dodge/parry/miss, but this doesnt help for the flame patches or trails left on the ground.

Elemental attacks are now blockable? this is news to me, have to test it to see if it's true or not.

Edit: Just went down to Shadowmoon and tanked some elementals, the elemental attacks are indeed blockable.

I might be mixing War with WoW :p but im sure I read it somewhere.

I just zone into Autopilot for Most things these days..
I only have to focus 100% on Muru and KJ atm.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Petrus » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:31 am

Are the Flames' attacks Elemental? I know the Flames themselves are classified as Demons, which is why I ask. (P.S. that means use exorcism!)
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Stilgarr » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:19 am

Not sure on blocking but I definatley parried a fair chunk of the attacks last night.

If your healers are upto the job and both tanks go over 300FR then dont bother kiting them either. Melee will just have to wait a bit ;)

We killed him last night for the 1st time and it was the 2nd attempt of not moving the elementals. Only wiped as the MT went for traps on the last bit, which is also pointless unless she puts one nearby.

This fight does not feel as nerfed as all the rest and is still a bit of a challenge for guilds that were not there pre-patch.

And I got my shiny new shield after the MT passes due to me jizzing my Ret 2-hander badges on FR kit, all is good in the world today, untill the phone rings at work ;)
Stilgarr

Postby samsara » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:19 am

Stilgarr wrote:
This fight does not feel as nerfed as all the rest and is still a bit of a challenge for guilds that were not there pre-patch.

Illidan not nerfed? This fight took pre-3.0 about 15 minutes, with eyebeams (if you turn wrong you were instant dead) in phase 2 and an existing phase 4.

Last time we where there, we downed him in about 5 minutes,
Phase1: 1 blue thing on the floor, no shadowghosts (or whatever they are called in english XD)
Phase2: didn't saw 1 single eyebeam
Phase3: dps him into phase 5 (our warlocktank waiting on phase 4 played bejeweled as far as i know)
Phase5: no enrage

My personal opinion: this and ROS are probably the most nerfed fights in BT :) ... but on the other hand i'm quite happy with that so we can do one evening bt and have 2 evenings/week for sunwell

Probably lots of guy's who were past brutalus pre-3.0 will say the same thing about sunwell as we do now about BT :)
samsara

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:41 am

Your view is simply because you're that much overgeared to make him explode.

There are still eye beams in p2, there is still demon phase, and illidan still enrages. Obviously if you were killing him easily before the patch, then now you just breeze through it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Stilgarr » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:26 am

samsara wrote:
Stilgarr wrote:

Illidan not nerfed? This fight took pre-3.0 about 15 minutes, with eyebeams (if you turn wrong you were instant dead) in phase 2 and an existing phase 4.

Last time we where there, we downed him in about 5 minutes,
Phase1: 1 blue thing on the floor, no shadowghosts (or whatever they are called in english XD)
Phase2: didn't saw 1 single eyebeam
Phase3: dps him into phase 5 (our warlocktank waiting on phase 4 played bejeweled as far as i know)
Phase5: no enrage

My personal opinion: this and ROS are probably the most nerfed fights in BT :) ... but on the other hand i'm quite happy with that so we can do one evening bt and have 2 evenings/week for sunwell

Probably lots of guy's who were past brutalus pre-3.0 will say the same thing about sunwell as we do now about BT :)

Yes but like Worldie says, you were on him before the patch, so you noticed the damage drop, the health drop ect.

We did'nt. We got to RoS pre-nerf and for a guild whose main focus is not raiding it aint too shabby.

We had 2 nights on him before he died which shows that it was nerfed as normally it would of taken a hell of a lot longer. It took about 6-7 mins to drop him on the kill.
We had a warlock who had never tanked in her life (he died on her second shot), we read bosskillers but tbh that site has some really arse info at times, so we were basically green to the whole encounter.

P1 - Had to move him twice (not much) shadow things killed in centre
P2 - 3 Beams and the fire WILL batter people regardless of the nerf. In the end we stood still and did'nt bother kiting.
P3 - DPS'd while people got used to the shadow things again
P4 - Took things steady and did get demon things
P5 - Ignore traps and went for it

Yes the fight is not exactly hard, bit like Vashj where now it's more about coordination which is where it will get guilds not ready. You still need half decent fire kit if your guild / raid does not overgear the place.

I'd of liked to of killed him pre-nerf but we did not make it in time. I'd of liked to of MT'd him but had the best FR kit. We can't have everything.
Stilgarr

Postby Dendrah » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:20 am

I support Stilgarr in this. All you guys saying how easy he is right now forget what I wrote in the post on top of this thread...

My guild succesfully killed Lurker, Hydross, Void Reaver, Rage Winterchill and Naj'entus before the nerf. Not more then those...

And now we would like to take a short at Illidan so our gear is not like we killed him 10 times already and all our raiders are decked out in T6....
We do not have the imba DPS or imba healing or the imba tanking gear.

How did you feel the first time you were trying to drive a car and everyone was telling you how fucking easy it is? Well keep that in mind when you smugg about the imbaness of your guild.

Expect a lot of fresh BT guilds/tanks coming here to ask for advice and please help them out like you yourself wanted to be helped when you freshly arrived at BT.
Dendrah

Postby caboom » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:43 am

Relax Dendrah and think of it as it should be, progression, the nerfs make up for your gear difference(considering everyone in your raid is in badge gear/t5 craftables at least) don't bother with anything else, for you guys is as if nothing changed, you won't be killing illidan in 5 minutes(like my guild did) but u can do it.
caboom

Postby Dendrah » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:57 am

Yes and that is what we are attempting.

It is just very annoying alot of people keep saying that it is so ****ing easy and that no real advise is needed. Well we need the advice, the tactics and all other help we can get just to down him.
Dendrah

Next

Return to Black Temple