Kil'jaeden

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby PsiVen » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:41 pm

The final darkness before 25% is usually our biggest point of failure as well. Orbs tend to spawn right before the darkness, meteors land right behind the collapse spot, the worst combinations of fireblooms...

If you're at the point where you're getting him to the 55% reflections way early and dying because of orbs spawning at a bad time, you might try staggering DPS for 5-10 seconds (before hitting 55%) to keep the timers from syncing up. I don't think we've attempted it but some of our ranged suggested that we were killing him too fast and it was causing the orb issues.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Ziv » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:37 pm

If anyone is hungry for more videos, here you go! My POV.. I'm not at all perfect this attempt, but oh well!

http://files.filefront.com/trample+vs+k ... einfo.html
Ziv

Postby Morganim » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:38 am

just cant get past 30%, no matter what we try

its fucking infuriating aksndasdkansda

2 days to go -_-
Morganim

Postby inthedrops » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:35 am

Morganim wrote:just cant get past 30%, no matter what we try

2 days to go -_-

We've had 4 KJ kills and we still wipe most of the night. We almost had a one night clear this Tuesday but wiped at 1% and never recovered. Then we continued to wipe last night for 2.5 hours while people died to things they shoudln't die to. Then we killed the dude again.

Someone said in the raid last night "This is one of those fights that sometimes just flips up a finger and says Screw You Raid!"

He's right. Granted, we had dumb mistakes too but it's so easy for someone to die that you just need to wipe it out and go again.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Ankiseth » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:55 pm

2 days to go -_-

Fire cauldron.
healthstones.
make a pally or two bubble during the Third Collapse(second shield, second darkness) in P4.

Also, people can stand ANYWHERE in the bubble when they has the breath >.>
"Why was there bacon in the soap?" -Zim
"I'm not saying stupidity should require capital punishment but can't we take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -Bash.org
Ankiseth

Postby Cakes » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:55 pm

2 days to go -_-

I wouldn't worry too much, your raid team knows enough to beat the fight. Our progression went something like this:

Monday Night: 24% wipe
Tuesday Night: Flail around on Brutallus and Felmyst, clear through to M'uru
Wednesday Night: One shot M'uru. Wipe 11 times, only one of which was sub 25%. KJ dead on 12th attempt.

If your raid team is anything like ours, the first or second time you get past this "30%" barrier, you'll kill him.
Cakes

Postby PsiVen » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:23 am

I'm a little dubious of using fire cauldrons for several reasons:

- They need to be used reactively, as they would just get used up by random fire damage otherwise, meaning it takes up more than one full pot cooldown
- Ranged shouldn't be dying to fire damage
- Healers can't go without mana pots
- Melee are the ones doing most of the damage to KJ, and you need all the DPS you can get to burn him to 25%
- Most deaths are preventable only by doing the right thing, and a fire pot won't save you. Orbs killing people, failure at meteors, failure at darkness, fireblooms in the collapse, flame darts chaining in the melee, all of these are things that can be minimized with a proper strategy and typically deal way more than 2k fire damage beyond the point where healers can't keep up.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Mithos » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:06 pm

We're using fire cauldrons atm, but we haven't got to phase 5 yet as people are dieing to things like meteor etc(not a DPS failure). We just need people to be around so we can actually practice phase 4, which we almost have sorted (not due to some DPS failure). 29% with 8 people dead before the 2nd darkness of doom a few times (the one that wipes you). I think you can use fire cauldrons in a useful way as long as you have enough DPS/healing to survive annoying situations, especially whilst learning.

Also, firebloom/flame darts IMMEDIATLY after darkness + meteors landing where the shield was as soon as it fades = happy fun raid damage time. WTB practice so he can die this reset!
Mithos

Postby Morganim » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:57 pm

1 night left

:(

not gonna get a kill anymore especailly after how bad last night was, people just cant avoid shit like i thought they could.

Either we have carried a lot more people than i thought and i should look for somewhere new or they've totaly given up
Morganim

Postby fafhrd » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:48 pm

Morganim wrote:1 night left

:(

not gonna get a kill anymore especailly after how bad last night was, people just cant avoid shit like i thought they could.

Either we have carried a lot more people than i thought and i should look for somewhere new or they've totaly given up

We just gave up tonight, not gonna try tommorow either. Everyone seems to be in the "not worth trying if they're nerfing him day after" mood.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Morganim » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Got a kill with 15 minutes of raid left last night

soooooo relieved.

THanks for all the help guys, we ended up using fire pots at 30% just to make sure :D
Morganim

Postby Ankiseth » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:40 am

Morganim wrote:Got a kill with 15 minutes of raid left last night

soooooo relieved.

THanks for all the help guys, we ended up using fire pots at 30% just to make sure :D

/win

They *really* help the spread at that second darkness in P4. Since oh so many things can go wrong.

And grats. Now you can complain how they trivialize everything. damned casuals...
"Why was there bacon in the soap?" -Zim
"I'm not saying stupidity should require capital punishment but can't we take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" -Bash.org
Ankiseth

Postby towelliee » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:13 am

Do you guys have any tips for Armageddon 55% and under? We find ourselves owning eachother stacking on dragon with Armageddon coming down on raid and if we pop out of bubble of course we get nuked.
towelliee

Postby Morganim » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:17 am

towelliee wrote:Do you guys have any tips for Armageddon 55% and under? We find ourselves owning eachother stacking on dragon with Armageddon coming down on raid and if we pop out of bubble of course we get nuked.

make sure no one stands on the collapse point.
call collapse 1 second before darkness is cast, on 30% one dont collapse till he brings his wings up and starts casting
move to the edge of the dragon bubble as dps is useless in it anyway
GTFO asap
Morganim

Postby towelliee » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:53 am

Ok so when he covers himsefl then start stacking...how does this avoid armageddons?

Also we were using 2 dragons to spread ourselve sout was this smart?
towelliee

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau