Remove Advertisements

WoTLK 10 man raid comp

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

WoTLK 10 man raid comp

Postby Quacky » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:49 pm

Quick Opinion Survey. Succinct responses would work great.

In your opinion, have you seen any 10 man raids where you felt certain spec/class combos were more or less needed in your raid comp?

An example that I'm making up is a shammy. Since they can provide heroism and your group is melee heavy. So you or your group members consistently say, "Sigh, this would be easier if we actually had an Enhancement Shammy?"

Thank you for your time.
Quacky

Postby PsiVen » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:52 pm

Specwise, not really. Death Grip, BoK and Fort are the only irreplaceables and they're all brought by a class, not a spec.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Ashmadai » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:53 pm

Obviously in the example you gave you would be better off with an Enhancement Shaman to boost the rest of the melee. However, to answer your actual first question about whether or not they're actually needed, I'd say no.

I had a 10 man group that got a Bear mount in ZA without a Shadow Priest, and with using 3 healers, and nobody in any gear besides ZA/Badge/Kara, so 10 mans have never really required any certain comp.

I think in WotLK it's even more so, because so many classes bring so many things. I mean if you have 2 Warriors tanking and 2 priests healing and 6 fury warriors DPSing, is your raid going to be optimal? No, of course not. But you'd be able to succeed as long as the players were good.
Ashmadai

Postby Quacky » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:59 pm

PsiVen wrote:Specwise, not really. Death Grip, BoK and Fort are the only irreplaceables and they're all brought by a class, not a spec.

Having not seen a DK in action besides scratchy youtube/vimeo clips, what is Death Grip used for in a raiding scene that would be better than dragging a mob or losing a mob?
Quacky

Postby Quacky » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:00 pm

Thank you for both of your replies. They are helpful to get a feel for the raiding scene.
Quacky

Postby PsiVen » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:13 pm

Death Grip is useful for repositioning mobs quickly. In Naxx this is useful for adds in the Anub'rekhan, Gothik, and Faerlina encounters in particular.

In the given example you would not be restricted to wanting an Enhancement shaman because the buffs they provide can be given by others. Blood DKs and Marksman Hunters get the same AP buff, etc.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Return to WotLK