Remove Advertisements

Thoughts on playstyle changes! Crazy Ivan Tanking?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ranluka » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:43 pm

honestly the threat output has been so high, I've been useing wisdom on trash %.%
Ranluka

Postby majorwoo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:54 am

gmf1 wrote:Lol yea i forget all the time to reseal :( Wtf why cant i judge? Oh yea seal ran out again :)

Am i the only one considering a new button on a mod that starts yelling at me with 10s left on my seal or something? I've been forgetting that so much too :)
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Zironic » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:25 am

majorwoo wrote:
gmf1 wrote:Lol yea i forget all the time to reseal :( Wtf why cant i judge? Oh yea seal ran out again :)

Am i the only one considering a new button on a mod that starts yelling at me with 10s left on my seal or something? I've been forgetting that so much too :)

I asked the maker of pallypower to add a seal button, his response was:

I could do that, but you would not be able to switch seals in combat. I'm not sure it is a good idea.
Zironic

Postby Torquemada » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:42 am

With BoSanc up, the only time I'm running OOM is if I didn't pull enough or it's a pull full of casters. With casters I just grin and bear it. With anything else I just pull more. I'm sure as Hell not taking enough damage if I'm OOM. Hooray for clearing BT trash without any CC.
Torquemada

Postby Katerina » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:15 am

Zironic wrote:I asked the maker of pallypower to add a seal button, his response was:

I could do that, but you would not be able to switch seals in combat. I'm not sure it is a good idea.

Couldn't we just seal 'something else' manually in those occasions? 99% of the time I'm running the same seal and having the wrong seal up would be better than having no seal.... lol.

Though of course, I suppose we will get used to it. :)
Katerina

Postby majorwoo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:58 am

yeah, its a get used to it thing imo. i wouldn't teach myself to use the pp button because i couldn't use it during a fight (though I admit my first thought was a pp button as well)
majorwoo

Postby Questioner » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:36 pm

You can macro the /in function to your seal. This will whisper you when there is 10 seconds left on your seal.

/cast Seal of [sealname]
/in 110 /w [yourname] Seal down in 10s!

Don't actually use the brackets. :D

*Disclaimer...I am not 100% on the usage, and not at my WoW computer atm, but it is very similar and works.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Marwan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:42 pm

majorwoo wrote:Am i the only one considering a new button on a mod that starts yelling at me with 10s left on my seal or something? I've been forgetting that so much too :)

Tankadin2 has an option to yell at you about a disappearing seal. Works the same way when your RF is running out.
Marwan

Postby majorwoo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:47 pm

Questioner wrote:You can macro the /in function to your seal. This will whisper you when there is 10 seconds left on your seal.

/cast Seal of [sealname]
/in 110 /w [yourname] Seal down in 10s!

Don't actually use the brackets. :D

*Disclaimer...I am not 100% on the usage, and not at my WoW computer atm, but it is very similar and works.

Not a bad idea, except it looks to me if I did remember to reseal, this would yell at me anyway?
majorwoo

Postby majorwoo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:49 pm

Marwan wrote:
majorwoo wrote:Am i the only one considering a new button on a mod that starts yelling at me with 10s left on my seal or something? I've been forgetting that so much too :)

Tankadin2 has an option to yell at you about a disappearing seal. Works the same way when your RF is running out.

Not to stir up a bees nest or anything, but I used tankadin1 briefly, i never found it useful since i didn't like the display on my screen and I usually remember my own righteous fury. I was planning to give it another shot tonight as I saw tankadin2 was up so that might solve this for me as well.
majorwoo

Postby apolana » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:36 pm

majorwoo wrote:

Why not just macro your judge button? Syntax is probably wrong but...

/castsequence [reset=110] Seal of whatever; judgment of whatever; judgment of whatever; ...
apolana

Postby Myndle » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:05 pm

Because there's no real reason to tie a particular seal to a particular judgement.

For example, when I tank I have hotkeys for SoL, SoC, and SoW, and swap between them from fight to fight or even mid-fight depending on what is going on.

Separate from that, I choose to judge wisdom or light (or justice, but very rarely) based on what is going on and whether other paldins in the raid are assigned to one, the fight's demands, etc.

If I wanted the same flexibility while macro'ing judgements to seals, I'd have to have 2*3 = 6 hotkeys to cover the options....or 9 if I really wanted to take Judgement of Justice into account.

I recommend Power Auras. I've just started tapping its potential, in the simplest way possible, by having it display a graphic around my toon when I have SoC, SoL, or SoW up (differentiated by color), so it is obvious if one falls off.

When I want to get smarter I'll modify it to change the aura when one is about to expire, or flash an aura when one is close to expiring, which I believe is possible.
Myndle

Postby apolana » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:09 pm

You should be able to tie in key modifiers as well to get a different seal/judgment.
apolana

Postby Myndle » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:57 pm

apolana wrote:You should be able to tie in key modifiers as well to get a different seal/judgment.

To me thats the same as separate hotkeys =) I use shift- and alt- versions of my hotkeys extensively, and never click, so minimizing buttons (I'm down to around 40 independent hotkeys I can hit with my right hand on my mouse and left on my keyboard in normal type position) is important.

Anway, maybe a good idea for some. Have fun =)
Myndle

Postby Pizbit » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:18 pm

I use Cork for all my buff reminders.
The bonus is it works great for all my other toons as well!
I was using corkfu before and tankadin, but now I just use Cork ^_^

http://www.tekkub.net/addons/cork
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK