Remove Advertisements

Picking up Lynx

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Picking up Lynx

Postby Fierro » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:37 pm

When I was doing bear run last thursday we were doing great on time had 9 minutes left and on lynx. They wanted me to pick up the lynx npc in phase 2 and i concencrated the lynx ran right through it so i tried to tab fast hit a lag spike so when i taunted it was actually the boss. Luckily i picked up the lynx but it had already killed the healer. We battled rezed her then the next 3 times i was able to get the lynx by using my judgment and taunt but it would still run half way to that healer. Seemed liked concencrate had no effect on picking up the lynx. I was just wondering does anyone have like a macro to target the lynx then cast something or any advice?
Fierro

Postby Elsie » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:40 pm

/tar name
/cast taunt/avenger's shield/judgment/whatever
Elsie

Postby Fierro » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:53 pm

anyone know the name of the npc?
Fierro

Postby wesintex » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:47 pm

I had this problem too when I offtanked Lynx, this is what I use:

/cleartarget
/targetexact Spirit of the Lynx
/stopmacro [target=target, noexists]
/cast Avenger's Shield

Lay a consecration down around 77% and then hit this macro a few times until you start casting, followed by a judge, works every time for me.
wesintex

Postby majiben » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:37 pm

That is the best lynx macro I have ever seen. I always hate that the lynx seems to want to go to the healers unless I taunt it even if I throw a HoT on the other tank.
Last edited by majiben on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Seloei » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:58 pm

I just use a

spam it like theres no tommorow and as soon as i see my target change, hit the judgement button. If he gets out of range, taunt, if he still doesn't come back BoP the healer.

Out of the last 30 or so runs, only 2 times has he managed to gank the healer. One was when i got dual resists and the second when a hunter multi shot crited and he swapped to a healer right as taunt fired off the hunter.
Seloei

Postby Frickit » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:39 am

wesintex wrote:I had this problem too when I offtanked Lynx, this is what I use:

/cleartarget
/cast Avenger's Shield

Lay a consecration down around 77% and then hit this macro a few times until you start casting, followed by a judge, works every time for me.

or use this macro with /cast JoR and just make sure you have your Judgment off cooldown and you can simply spam this. When the spirit pops he'll be instantly judged by spamming that one macro. Its failsafe.
Frickit

Postby Arizara » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:37 pm

/target Spirit of the Lynx
/cast Judgement
/cast [help,nodead][target=targettarget,help,nodead]Righteous Defense

should also work, has no facing the target issues and has a backup if you don't have a seal or judge is on CD (my RD macro just redone within here)
Arizara

Postby Valein » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:31 pm

I use this macro:

/cleartarget
/cast Judgement
/cast Avenger's Shield

Just before the Lynx spawns I put up Seal of Blood and judge that on the Lynx. As far as I know, Seal of Blood cannot be resisted, so it is more reliant than Righteousness.
Valein

Postby Fierro » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:35 am

That last one worked great since i am a human had to use seal of righteousness. Also lead to a nice bear and my tanking helm
Fierro

Postby Wools » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:44 am

Frickit wrote:
wesintex wrote:I had this problem too when I offtanked Lynx, this is what I use:

/cleartarget
/cast Avenger's Shield

or use this macro with /cast JoR and just make sure you have your Judgment off cooldown and you can simply spam this. When the spirit pops he'll be instantly judged by spamming that one macro. Its failsafe.

While this does work, you have to be careful. I havent been back in since patch, but even prior to it, I would basically only get 1 JoR off on Lynx before I had to hold back so it'd be up for the Spirit. With increased player dps and less boss health, have other abilities ready(hotr/taunt) also.
Wools

Postby Frickit » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:58 am

I went in for a seriously fast za clear with all 4 timers...took a big ol nerf to finally get them.

I realized that I didnt have my lynx macro for the first time doing it and it was no issue getting the spirit. If you are doing za/badge/T5 threat, all you have to do is keep up your normal activity and the lynx will come to you first and stick to you. It really just is a lot easier now and I wouldnt worry about doing anything special.
Frickit

Postby hotlips » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:00 am

last Za i just kept concecration up and kept attacking the boss, i saved hammer for when he spawned and never switched target to lynx.
hotlips

Postby Zoltar » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:45 pm

hotlips wrote:last Za i just kept concecration up and kept attacking the boss, i saved hammer for when he spawned and never switched target to lynx.

Same. The spirit just sticks post nerf.
Zoltar

Postby majiben » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:05 pm

Zoltar wrote:
hotlips wrote:last Za i just kept concecration up and kept attacking the boss, i saved hammer for when he spawned and never switched target to lynx.

Same. The spirit just sticks post nerf.
The difference could be the baked in salv+bugged JoL. Previously I had only lost lynx initially to healers topping off the raid after the split but now with melee healing themselves on your JoL and healers under the affect of salv (where previously they likey had kings and/or wisdom) losing lynx is unlikely.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Next

Return to Zul'aman