Remove Advertisements

Black Temple is a Joke After 3.0.2

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Dendrah » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:25 am

The place is a joke now. Last week we did our first attempt in BT and got to Supremus on 20%. This week we one-shot everything up to Gurtogg.

Najentus got ninja pulled when the first Aqua lord in front of him was on 20%. Half our raid ran off while I grabbed the boss. Only to run back in and kill the remaining Aqua lord, the little spawns and finish the boss itself.

Supremus was a joke.

Akhama was a hard fight for me because we only had 2 tanks. The side killers were standing almost at the middle and the retri palladin supposed to tank one side did not know what he was doing. So I picked up the adds and the warriors and we kept losing people left and right. In the end the shade was on Akhama with 3 summoners still beaming him (how is this possible?) We had 10 people alive and burned him down like a breeze.

Teron was even more funny. We had tons of conscripts in the raid. Half the raid was standing in the room and still we burned him down without any problems.

Gurtogg trash we... oups... pulled a bit to much trash at once so I consecrate all I can and... indeed we still don't wipe.

It took Gurtogg to whipe us the first time. Repairbill of 26g after a night in BT? I had more repair costs in Karazhan before the patch for crying out loud.
Dendrah

Postby Estrela » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:43 am

Is it still necessary to have an FR set for flame tanking / SR gear on the DPS&Healers for Sharaz? I'm thinking of getting a PUG BT going, but in my PUG-group only one of the tanks has FR.
Estrela

Postby Dendrah » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:31 am

I'm also curious to know that tbh.
Dendrah

Postby knaughty » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:33 am

Estrela wrote:Is it still necessary to have an FR set for flame tanking / SR gear on the DPS&Healers for Sharaz? I'm thinking of getting a PUG BT going, but in my PUG-group only one of the tanks has FR.

I would expect yes. People died to Mother in full SR from not paying attention when we did a zerg on Sunday
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Morganim » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:34 am

i wouldnt do illidan without FR unless you where fully t6 geared.

Last week i did it in normal tanking gear, and we had a dps warrior with 200 FR gear, 2h wep and dps plate on.
But then we burned them both down before the first eyebeam
Morganim

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:40 am

Morganim wrote:i wouldnt do illidan without FR unless you where fully t6 geared.

Last week i did it in normal tanking gear, and we had a dps warrior with 200 FR gear, 2h wep and dps plate on.
Hm, Illidan is the final boss in the final t6 instance...

There's no "illidan" without "full t6"
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dendrah » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:51 am

Ooh I fought him often enough without my hunter having any t6 set items. All a matter of DKP.
Dendrah

Postby Stilgarr » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:16 am

Knaughty wrote:
Estrela wrote:Is it still necessary to have an FR set for flame tanking / SR gear on the DPS&Healers for Sharaz? I'm thinking of getting a PUG BT going, but in my PUG-group only one of the tanks has FR.

I would expect yes. People died to Mother in full SR from not paying attention when we did a zerg on Sunday

200 unbuffed is enough tbh

Had our very first try on her last night and 2-shotted her.

Would of been a 1-shot but I was drunk and "forgot" to stand with the other tanks and absorb the lash thingy.

She is beyond a piece of piss.

Got done by the Council though as none of us really knew what was going on and the Mage had no Stam kit or something.

But compared to pre-patch the place really is just a cakewalk now. It wont suprise me if we end up killing 1-2 bosses in SWP at this rate.
Stilgarr

Postby Morganim » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:29 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Morganim wrote:i wouldnt do illidan without FR unless you where fully t6 geared.

I guess i should elaborate.

Full sunwell t6 + sunwell off-set pieces
Morganim

Postby Estrela » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:28 am

Morganim wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:

I guess i should elaborate.

Full sunwell t6 + sunwell off-set pieces
so don't try unless you overgear the place. :P

alrighty, guess that means I'm taking the initiative and picking up some FR pieces.
Estrela

Postby phaqueue » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:11 am

Jeryia wrote:
Worldie wrote:You aren't telling anything new :)

Since we're going to semipug BT this sunday, anyone knows if you can manage Shahraz with just half raid (due to most people not having SR so basically dead after 1 or 2 mins)

We brought a pug where only 2 members had SR gear for Mother. We downed her after 3 attempts.
The PUG's gear quality was mostly T5.

The fight became more like a dps race. Kill the boss before we run out of people. Only a select few could survive the teleports. Our wipes where caused both times by someone being ported next to the raid group.

our alt/pug run - we had maybe 3-4 people with SR gear... we 1-shot mother with only around 5 people dead... was a huge joke...

currently our guild is racing to drop KJ on alts before the other progression guilds can do it on mains...
phaqueue

Postby Zoltar » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:50 pm

Was in BT last night. I thought it was really sad the way it had been nerfed.... so sad in fact I am retiring from raiding till LK. :(

I just don't see the point in doing raids where there is no challenge. I'd rather spend a month wiping than one shot a boss I had never seen.
Zoltar

Postby Tiranknight » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:36 pm

Last week our guild cleared up to Illidan, one shotting every boss except RoS, and Illidari Council (took us like 3-4 tries before we got the hang of those bosses should be easier this time around) then we ran into Illidan and just tried to zerg him with no preparation, and managed to get him to 68% just going cuckoo.

Will we be able to get him on a serious attempt? Can I tank a Flame of Azzinoth with around 320ish FR gear? I honestly want to try and cap, but thats about the highest available to me right now.
Tiranknight

Postby Luthania » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Cleared Black Temple and Sunwell in 4 hours combined (split into two nights) on my priest this week.

Raiding's a joke right now.
Luthania

Postby Stilgarr » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:04 am

Tiranknight wrote:Will we be able to get him on a serious attempt? Can I tank a Flame of Azzinoth with around 320ish FR gear? I honestly want to try and cap, but thats about the highest available to me right now.

Took one of the Flames in just the badge FR kit last night and seemed ok. Going to add the blue crafted bracers maybe but going by the combat log the hits were about 3k so if your healer is ok with it you should be fine.

Think I was at 270 with the Pally aura.

Other tanks had none at all so we ended up calling it.
Stilgarr

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple