Remove Advertisements

What enchant for prot now then??

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Halion » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:33 pm

Am I the only one considering Accuracy?

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=59619

Doesn't matter how much AP or SP you add if your attacks miss.
I'd love to see the TPS difference assuming you are not Hit Capped prior to getting this enchant.

I'll admit it is probably lower TPS in the long run, but who has ever lost aggro due to a bad resist or miss at the beginning of a fight? I know I have, and removing those from the scene is more valuable to me then a little more TPS (we are doing amazing amounts already anyway).

The only other enchant I would consider is a pure strength one, and since they haven't seemed to have added a new one, 20 strength just isn't worth it.
Halion

Postby Mica » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:37 pm

EJ Proved that Holy Shield DOES have an AP modifier, and its somewhere around 9% iirc.
Mica

Postby DeadMilliken » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:40 pm

Honestly there is a good chance your right Halion ;)

I was thinking more of pre-80 when most of us are still using our tbc epix.
DeadMilliken

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:52 pm

I was going to try tossing Potency on the Mallet of the tides I have sitting in the bank for patch 3.0, I want to see how it compares to my pink lollipop from hyjal.
DeadlyRabbit

Postby Radience » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:22 pm

I thought all tanks are going to be doing way more threat compared to dps classes in 3.0.2 and wotlk. So why would most people go for pure threat enchant?
Radience

Postby guillex » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:40 pm

On my Main Tanking weapon (strength/stam/defense/etc stats) will be Potency or another strength enchant.

For my tankingeverythingelseandaoefarming weapon (read: SP weapon) then I'll be enchanting it with Greater Spellpower.

That's pretty much what you're all going to be looking at. One weapon that we see as a traditionally Warrior weapon, and one "caster" type weapon in our inventories.

And they're pretty easy to come by pre-patch, or in the expansion. So don't fret.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Big Mushy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:50 pm

since i haven't found any Str enchants yet I will more then likely go to massacre at 80, but for lvling purposes I think potency will be most fun (its fun to hit things again)

:edit: may have read the enchant wrong says on my screen 1h and 110 AP seems a little high compared to the new potency (1h 65 ap)
Tankadin-70-Barth
Big Mushy

Postby deadpyrowalking » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:41 pm

why does everyone wnat strength? if you read hotr (THE MAIN CHOICE WHY WE USE WARROIR TANK WEPS NOW) it clearly states the holy dmg is based off of weapon attack power and + 40 dmg on it would definately get u further than +20 str would it not?
deadpyrowalking

Postby Flashbane » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:58 pm

+Str = +BV :P
Flashbane

Postby Big Mushy » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:34 pm

deadpyrowalking wrote:why does everyone wnat strength? if you read hotr (THE MAIN CHOICE WHY WE USE WARROIR TANK WEPS NOW) it clearly states the holy dmg is based off of weapon attack power and + 40 dmg on it would definately get u further than +20 str would it not?

Iirc Strength is win because we get more AP from +20 str then we do get spell power from +40 SD also the block value is always nice and Hammer does deal holy dmg based on your weapon DPS (which is indirectly scaled from AP)

Correct me if I'm wrong I prolly am
Tankadin-70-Barth
Big Mushy

Postby guillex » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:14 pm

Big Mushy wrote:
deadpyrowalking wrote:why does everyone wnat strength? if you read hotr (THE MAIN CHOICE WHY WE USE WARROIR TANK WEPS NOW) it clearly states the holy dmg is based off of weapon attack power and + 40 dmg on it would definately get u further than +20 str would it not?

Iirc Strength is win because we get more AP from +20 str then we do get spell power from +40 SD also the block value is always nice and Hammer does deal holy dmg based on your weapon DPS (which is indirectly scaled from AP)

3 or 4x DPS.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Andryana » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:58 pm

But that is modified by attack power which we will get from strength, it isn't simply only the weapon DPS*4.

And as stated strength gives block value as well.
Andryana

Postby Nakama » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:10 am

What you'll want, in my opinion, is Greater Potency:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=60621

+attackpower and +BV is far more than enough to trump most other enchants as far as I'm concerned.

--Jed
Nakama

Postby Obrimos » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:13 am

Guillex wrote:
Big Mushy wrote:

3 or 4x DPS.

Also; Hammer of the Righteous has no Spell Power coefficient (if it wasn't clear enough before).

It is based solely on the DPS listed in your character sheet (which is affected by AP). Paladins get 2 AP per point of Strength. Everything we use for tanking scales as well, if not better, with AP(with the exception of Holy Shield, I believe). Strength also gives Block Value, which is the only thing that increases the damage of Shield of the Righteous.
Obrimos

Postby Zahara » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:35 am

Nakama wrote:What you'll want, in my opinion, is Greater Potency:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=60621

+attackpower and +BV is far more than enough to trump most other enchants as far as I'm concerned.

--Jed

:roll:

Except for the fact that 50 ap gives us exactly zero Block Value...I really hope they add something that is +STRENGTH which would give us ap and block value
Zahara

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK