seal of corruption is BLEH

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

seal of corruption is BLEH

Postby steadypal » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:26 pm

seriously what did blizzard do to our tanking seal? months ago it was NICE, now its BLEH its constantly coming in 4th in my dmg, when IMO it should be coming out alot higher, c'mon, melee is doing more dmg than seal? and seals are normally fully stacked on 3+ mobs quite a bit? k that is all lol
steadypal

Postby knaughty » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:29 pm

IBTL
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby guillex » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:31 pm

Knaughty wrote:IBTL

/facepalm
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby gmf1 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:55 pm

Only thing i can say it that your a tank not a dps class its the tps not dps that matters.
gmf1
Maintankadonor

Re: seal of corruption is BLEH

Postby Vanifae » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:07 pm

steadypal wrote:seriously what did blizzard do to our tanking seal? months ago it was NICE, now its BLEH its constantly coming in 4th in my dmg, when IMO it should be coming out alot higher, c'mon, melee is doing more dmg than seal? and seals are normally fully stacked on 3+ mobs quite a bit? k that is all lol

It gets the job done, your overall damage increased significantly, this is a fact.

To the last poster DPS is TPS, the sooner people get that the better.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Re: seal of corruption is BLEH

Postby Jargen » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:13 pm

steadypal wrote:seriously what did blizzard do to our tanking seal? months ago it was NICE, now its BLEH its constantly coming in 4th in my dmg, when IMO it should be coming out alot higher, c'mon, melee is doing more dmg than seal? and seals are normally fully stacked on 3+ mobs quite a bit? k that is all lol

Don't know about you, but every time I do an instance run as a tank, I'm consistently 1st in dps, and at least 30% of my dps is Holy Vengeance
Jargen

Postby crabcrouton » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:14 pm

I think he was commenting specifically to the part where the OP said that melee does more damage than the seal. Melee damage: threat isn't the same as holy damage: threat.
crabcrouton

Postby Vanifae » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:44 pm

crabcrouton wrote:I think he was commenting specifically to the part where the OP said that melee does more damage than the seal. Melee damage: threat isn't the same as holy damage: threat.

It's threat and something I have mentioned before our white damage is going to continually get higher and higher, this is a fact. Thankfully we have a threat modifier to it, but not as high as Holy damage.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby crabcrouton » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:05 pm

I'm not so sure. I mean if my melee damage is 20% of my overall damage, let's say 20k, that's 20k threat. If Seal damage is 15%, well that's 15k damage but 28.5k threat. Despite being less damage, it's higher threat and that's one issue the OP is ignoring.

We're also not 100% out of the "causes a high amount of threat" woods yet since there's still things like: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53600
crabcrouton

Postby Vanifae » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:13 pm

crabcrouton wrote:I'm not so sure. I mean if my melee damage is 20% of my overall damage, let's say 20k, that's 20k threat. If Seal damage is 15%, well that's 15k damage but 28.5k threat. Despite being less damage, it's higher threat and that's one issue the OP is ignoring.

We're also not 100% out of the "causes a high amount of threat" woods yet since there's still things like: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=53600

Actually white damage has a 1.43 modifier for threat when you have RF running.
Vanifae

Postby knaughty » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:29 pm

Vanifae wrote:Actually white damage has a 1.43 modifier for threat when you have RF running.

I was wondering what toggled "I R A TANK!" threat mode. Thought that might be it.

So it's Defensive Stance / RF / Frost presence / Bear form, I assume?
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Sharlos » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:32 pm

Knaughty wrote:
Vanifae wrote:Actually white damage has a 1.43 modifier for threat when you have RF running.

I was wondering what toggled "I R A TANK!" threat mode. Thought that might be it.

So it's Defensive Stance / RF / Frost presence / Bear form, I assume?

yup
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Sharlos

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:50 pm

Knaughty wrote:So it's Defensive Stance / RF / Frost presence / Bear form, I assume?

Exactly those :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby crabcrouton » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:47 am

Vanifae wrote:
crabcrouton wrote:I'm not so sure. I mean if my melee damage is 20% of my overall damage, let's say 20k, that's 20k threat. If Seal damage is 15%, well that's 15k damage but 28.5k threat. Despite being less damage, it's higher threat and that's one issue the OP is ignoring.

Actually white damage has a 1.43 modifier for threat when you have RF running.

I was under the impression that everything you do has a 1.43 modifier.

That is, your holy damage deals 1.9 modified by an additional 1.43.

Assuming that Salv is baked into everything you do then it's irrelevant in a comparison between white and holy damage since it affects both. Actually come to think of it, Salv skews the gap even further.

100 white threat to 1000 holy threat is a 900 threat difference.
With a 1.43 modifier then 143 white threat to 1430 holy threat is a 1287 threat difference.
crabcrouton

Postby Kethion » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:09 am

crabcrouton wrote:I was under the impression that everything you do has a 1.43 modifier.

That is, your holy damage deals 1.9 modified by an additional 1.43.

Partially correct. Every action you take while under the effect of righteous fury has a +43% threat modifier (as the "HAY I R TENKIN GUYZ" baked-in modifier). Holy damage has the +90% threat from RF in addition to this. In short: While under righteous fury, one point of white damage does 1.43 threat, and one point of holy damage does 2.717 threat.

crabcrouton wrote:Assuming that Salv is baked into everything you do then it's irrelevant in a comparison between white and holy damage since it affects both. Actually come to think of it, Salv makes skews the gap even further.

100 white threat to 1000 holy threat is a 900 threat difference.
With a 1.43 modifier then 143 white threat to 1430 holy threat is a 1287 threat difference.
In raw numbers? Yes, the gap is widened. However the white to holy threat ratio is still 1:1.9

Also, your last paragraph's point seems to have escaped me. Why are you comparing 100/143 white threat to 1000/1430 holy threat?
Kethion

Next

Return to WotLK