Remove Advertisements

Ret nerfed hard via unannounced hotfix.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Chunes » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:19 pm

angsty maybe? or does emorage fit your mood better?

either or, relax a little, it's just a forum for discussing a fantasy game after all

:D
Chunes

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:20 pm

If I were willing to let lore guide my actions in game, I would never have brought myself to kill illidan, never have wanted to kill vashj, been extremely confused about waking ragnaros up, and would probably spend most of my playtime consoling the tragic ghosts in EPL/WPL.

Instead, I'm going to take posts about "how do I kill this mob" as venues to discuss how best to kill that mob.

edit: and if we're going to trade pity, if you get angry because people want to kill a mob in a game about killing mobs, i pity you too.
Last edited by fafhrd on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:21 pm

Chunes wrote:angsty maybe? or does emorage fit your mood better?

either or, relax a little, it's just a forum for discussing a fantasy game after all

:D

If I had to give it a word, it would probably be "nerdrage". I'm definitely not seeing the emo connection. I think there is a substantial difference between "angst" and "wanting to beat people up in a video game over comments made about a video game but not being able to because they are on a different server".
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:22 pm

fafhrd wrote:If I were willing to let lore guide my actions in game, I would never have brought myself to kill illidan, never have wanted to kill vashj, been extremely confused about waking ragnaros up, and would probably spend most of my playtime consoling the tragic ghosts in EPL/WPL.

Instead, I'm going to take posts about "how do I kill this mob" as venues to discuss how best to kill that mob.

If that's the role you wish to play maybe you should look into Hello Kitty Island Adventures.

<_<

>_>
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:24 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
fafhrd wrote:If I were willing to let lore guide my actions in game, I would never have brought myself to kill illidan, never have wanted to kill vashj, been extremely confused about waking ragnaros up, and would probably spend most of my playtime consoling the tragic ghosts in EPL/WPL.

If that's the role you wish to play maybe you should look into Hello Kitty Island Adventures.

<_<

>_>

*confusion*

based on what I said and what you replied, I take it you're saying HKO is a game where intricate PvE encounters are key and lore is unimportant? I thought it was the opposite.
Last edited by fafhrd on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:25 pm

fafhrd wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

<_<

>_>

*confusion*

based on what I said and what you replied, I take it you're saying HKO is a game where intricate PvE encounters are key and lore is unimportant?

No I was talking about consoling ghosts. oO

Also for the record the Hello Kitty thing was a South Park reference :x
Last edited by Sabindeus on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabindeus

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:25 pm

There was an "if" before that whole paragraph though :o
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:27 pm

fafhrd wrote:There was an "if" before that whole paragraph though :o

I guess I misinterpreted "if I were willing" to mean "if it were possible to do that and still have a game to play".
Sabindeus

Postby Kelaan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:31 pm

fafhrd wrote:That is true, but given that you've been posting stuff like "you're all traitors", "die elf scum" and "fuck you all" in the thread about how to kill Magni, I'm not sure you have any grounds to complain about it right now...

Aside from the F-U part, I took it as friendly joking. (I seem to have misinterpreted that, though. I thought the traitor thing was darn funny, though.)

Sabindeus wrote:You know, he could have just said "kill faction leaders" and made it non-horde-specific, but he didn't. That's why I responded as I did.

The thing is, that thread was about the challenges of killing the King of Ironforge - tactical positioning, etc. Complaining about that is like complaining that the thread on "how to kill Garr" is not about "how to kill Generic Bosses in MC".

talking straight up about coming to kill one of the Alliance's beloved leaders in a forum shared by both factions? Inexcusable.

The interesting part are the fight mechanics. Ironforge is a tactically interesting place to fight -- few choke points, etc. It's a challenge to find a place you can tank him that won't kill your raid, and won't get you ganked thoroughly in the process. I don't think it's reasonable to assume it's an assault on your person. This isn't primarily a roleplay forum, so you can at least take it at face value that "I'd like totank X, and not have the raid die" is the main concern. I don't understand why you'd find so much nerdrage (as you put it) into this. The opposite faction are people just like us; it seems somewhat silly to truly hate them on principle.

I'd say that you're best off (for any city boss, not just ours) having one team to kill the boss, and one team to mind choke points and handle the group pvp that will/may develop.

I'd love a thread about How to Kill Thrall (good places to tank it, etc), Cairne, and Sylvanas. Do they have interesting places to fight that are unlikely to get you ganked? Possibly, I'm not up to spec on the layout of Horde towns. (That said, Darnassus' boss is in a multi-floor temple - upper floor looks VERY defensible.) I know we have a partially-serious one about Thrall, but let's do this Properly and make it a thread in the general encounters forum? :)
Kelaan

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:31 pm

Hm, no I meant it was either play like that or play like I do currently.

Don't get me wrong, I like the lore of WoW, but I've never gotten "patriotic" about any of it. Classist maybe (damn moonkin scum) but not nationalistic.

And I missed the southpark reference :(
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:34 pm

Kelaan wrote:
fafhrd wrote:That is true, but given that you've been posting stuff like "you're all traitors", "die elf scum" and "fuck you all" in the thread about how to kill Magni, I'm not sure you have any grounds to complain about it right now...

Aside from the F-U part, I took it as friendly joking. (I seem to have misinterpreted that, though. I thought the traitor thing was darn funny, though.)

I did too actually, but then later on he started complaining about people saying horde/bloodelves are superior, which seemed like a double-standard worth calling out.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:36 pm

fafhrd wrote:
Kelaan wrote:

I did too actually, but then later on he started complaining about people saying horde/bloodelves are superior, which seemed like a double-standard worth calling out.

It was both.

The fact of the matter is that no matter how loud I joke about the Alliance being superior, it just seems to get drowned out in all the Blood Elf crap. And that makes me angry.

Not sad. Angry.

(see what I did there, that's the anti-emo part)
Sabindeus

Postby Lore » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:51 pm

Well this thread went nowhere good when I wasn't looking.

And shame on you Faf, I thought I determined everything you do ever.
Lore
Global Mod

Previous

Return to General