Remove Advertisements

Tanking Karazhan after 3.0

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tanking Karazhan after 3.0

Postby Losbullitt » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:41 pm

Is Defense still as important as it was preLK? I've read that defense was not as important (you don't need 490) and uncrush was taken out. Just curious as i have a gruuls run tonight that I want to be ready for. Thnx.
Losbullitt

Re: Tanking Karazhan after 3.0

Postby Sederia » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:55 pm

Losbullitt wrote:Is Defense still as important as it was preLK? I've read that defense was not as important (you don't need 490) and uncrush was taken out. Just curious as i have a gruuls run tonight that I want to be ready for. Thnx.

umm, where were you reading that?
defense is as important as ever if not moreso
Crits were not removed, and 490 pushes crits off the table at 70... plus remember crits hit more than crushings did
Sederia

Postby majiben » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:18 pm

You need 490 defense or enough resilence to be uncritable. Also you might want to delete the duplicate thread before someone posts in it.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Robob » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:41 am

Kara is ez mode now after patch, last night my guild stomped the place in about an hr and 10 min. Tis nothing but a bigger badge farm now.
Robob - Area 52
Robob
Maintankadonor

Postby Thenin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:15 am

Robob wrote:Kara is ez mode now after patch, last night my guild stomped the place in about an hr and 10 min. Tis nothing but a bigger badge farm now.

Truth. My guild's A-Team ran it in just under 2 hours w/1 tank & 1 healer on Tuesday night. I ran the B-Team through last night with a 2nd tank and 2 healers - took us about 2.5 hours.
Thenin

Postby Draeg1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:56 am

Yep, Kara is FUN again!!!

ran it tuesday night, relearning how to tank with the new spells and such.
I kept losing aggro on trash up to Huntsman...took me awhile to figure out it was cuz my axe weapon skill was like 250 :p (using Cleaver off ZJ w/ Potency)

Anyway, 30sec boss kills... awesome!

pulling whole rooms (moroes trash, etc) and AOEing everything down... Awesome!

I think I'll be running it every week just for the fun of it :D
Draeg1

Postby Palytanker » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:56 am

Easy mode is an understatement. We went in last night with a group of undergeared dps and rocked the place. Two tanks (me and drood), two healers (priest and drood), three hunters, a lock, a boomkin and enhance shammy. Possibly the most fun I have had in Kara in ages. Full clear in three hours with a few breaks in there, longest boss event was chess, otherwise they averaged about 1-2 minutes tops.
Palytanker

Postby Losbullitt » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:11 pm

I keep hearing this.

I'll let you know what goes on (going as a hunter) in my guild's kara raid tonight.
Losbullitt

Postby cap_x » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:13 pm

First post patch kara run last night, a few of our usual raiders wanted to test out their new specs and the rest were just random alts. Cleared the place in little over 2 hours but would have been quicker if not for a server reset, a laggy healer having to be replaced, and me pushing a little too hard without letting my healers know. The whole time we were in there on vent we were just loling at how bad we were stomping the place. curator only made it half way through evocate (6K Holy Shield!), nightbane didnt get a fear off, illhoof didnt sacrifice anyone and prince now hits as hard as a wet noodle.

Have got my head around my tank rotation now. a lot more fun than just spamming consecrate. It got to the point were the hunters were just MD'ing more trash onto me from the next room with the rest of the dps just aoeing. good fun.

using suneater with mongoose atm and although it worked well i really need to find a new tank sword.

are people still using wizard oil or sharpening stones now?
cap_x

Postby Barathorn » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:06 am

Its easy to clear in 1-3 hours now. Its just a 5 man badgefest.

Illhoofs Imps like Shaman's who Thunderstorm :)
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Corvina » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:30 am

Did Kara the night of patch so ten of us could test specs. We rolled it in 1.5 hours, taking one break and having one wipe because the healer wasn't healing (husband, our mage, was distracting her. 50 DKP MINUS!!!)

My favorite part was using the instant aoe stun. I forgot that change was made. first time i used it (on aoe pulls before morose) one our raiders yelled out "WTF? did you just stun them all?" I swear i started pulling more and more to see it all get stunned.
Corvina

Postby Hierax » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:16 am

pardon my ignorance ...what AoE stun ? (pally ?)
Hierax

Postby Belloc » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:53 am

Hierax wrote:pardon my ignorance ...what AoE stun ? (pally ?)

Holy Wrath is an instant cast AOE Damage and Stun to Undead and Demons.
Belloc

Postby Losbullitt » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:17 pm

3 hours, full clear.

The really good teams will clear in an hour or so.

I put together a sloppy, ego driven group that cleared in 3+ hours.

Seems like the bosses also lost 30% of their testosterone. Shade cast wreath twice. Someone moved and we didn't wipe. The funny was at the end, after we dropped him, wreath was still up and I ran through it (never got caught in the circle of fire) and it launched me to the ceiling twice before killing me with the landing. I also killed one of the healers.

We fucked up netherspite royally. Beams were everywhere. Hitting people, fatigue, my hp jumped to astronomical lvl 90 proportions. We had him well below the 40% mark before someone messed up the life beam and he regained his life. So I moved from red beam to green beam without too much of a hitch.

Attumen was a breeze. Moroes was extra easy. Maiden was just as easy, all three burned in under 5 minutes a piece. Opera was terribad; the wolf chased little red once out of the three times it was proc'd. Curator was burned down before the first evocation. Illhoof's fight was over before it began. I mean seriously :shock: . Chess was odd because people were bitching about not being healed and dying but we won. And Prince was a snoozefest.

This was with my hunter. I'll raid kara with my tank this sunday. 8) Easiest 22 badges ever.
Losbullitt

Postby Doogiehowser » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:00 pm

Oh man. . . all this talk about Kara has me jonesing to get a full clear. On my only 70 (BM Hunter) I've been through Maiden and had to stop due to raid composition/gear.

With the new specs, I've added about 150dps just through the new pet/hunter talents. (I'm not saying I'm good, in fact, I'm not. . . ). I'm hoping I get to see a little of the content before it becomes a thing of the past. My pally tank won't make it there, but maybe I'll get to see some of it.

Do you think a level T6 tank could do it with a 2 hander and no shield or is that just a little overboard?
Doogiehowser

Next

Return to Karazhan