Remove Advertisements

Boss names in WOTLK

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Tirion » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:13 am

Ubung wrote:We had a thread recently that was started by Vanifae saying that these forums we starting to go downhill. This thread is an example of how not to treat people.

when someone clearly isn't willing to do a little work themselves they are opened up to criticism.

It took someone posting a picture with arrows drawn to get the idea across.
Tirion

Postby Kelaan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:25 am

degre wrote:
Consecrator wrote:...

Here you go!

Degre, thank you for saving me the time of being a wiseass and posting that same basic thing. :D
Kelaan

Postby Ubung » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 am

when someone clearly isn't willing to do a little work themselves they are opened up to criticism.

It took someone posting a picture with arrows drawn to get the idea across.

I dont think it was a case of not listening. The OP wasnt totally not at fault but the reaction was ridiculous.
nerf scissors, buff paper, rock is fine!

Ubung

Postby Kelaan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:52 am

I think it's generally that we are SO used to using Wowhead/Wowwiki to look up stuff, that it boggles our mind that others can't do the same. It's like saying, "anyone know where I can find out information on sea urchins", and not knoing about (or being able to read) Wikipedia, or being unable to Google search for something.

Boggles the mind.

More apropos, when the links we gave WERE informative, the OP said "those don't have the info I need" -- and apparently, after repeated assurances that they DID, was unwilling to look further. THAT is the part they are being ridiculed for.

"A" is the original poster, "B" are random people replying.

A) "I can haz boss namez?"
B) "Here you go. <links>"
A) "Those don't list bosses."
B) "Yes they do."
A) "I'm looking for 25-man raid bosses, though."
B) "Those DID have boss names for 25-mans."
A) "Thanks for your rude and unhelpful comment, those links sucked."
B) "Perhaps you failed at looking hard enough."
A) "I'm being defensive because I got called lazy. Where the hell are the names of the bosses? No one has given them to me."
B) "HERE YOU ARE! <image>"
B) "The rest of us mock you, btw, and are only moderately apologetic."

I sincerely hope that A's Making Sense of WowHead skill will level up in the process. It's a rewarding skill to have. Also, to the original poster, I highly recommend Wowwiki:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Obsidian_Sanctum
http://www.wowwiki.com/Eye_of_Eternity

Finding out which names to look up was done by looking at the list of raids in Wrath at Wowhead. It's a synergistic pairing. :) Good luck, Ihope we didn't hurt your feelings too badly.
Kelaan

Previous

Return to WotLK