Beta question.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Beta question.

Postby Zironic » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:19 am

Are the lvl 70-80 dungeons as EZ mode that the heroics have turned into now and how long will it take before I need to use CC in an instance again?
Zironic

Postby Jasari » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:23 am

Nothing in wotlk is as easy is BC is right now. All BC instance mobs hp got nerfed by 30% if I remember correctly, plus we have talent trees and abilities that are balanced around level 80 content while we're doing level 70 content. Heroics in wotlk are comparable to what heroics in BC were before 3.0. Blizzard has said that the next month will be crazy until wotlk comes out and even though they did some balancing at 70, their focus was 80 content.
Jasari

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:02 am

Assuming your healer has some idea of how to play, you can do all heroics without CC as uncrittable neo-80.

You might want to use CC on some packs occasionally, but you don't really need it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby ShaiHulud » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:26 am

I tanked Gruul/mag/kara/za last night. All took roughly 4hrs for everything. Kara was about 45 mins to an hour. We just chain pulled and I pulled everything. My healer was a t6 holy pally spec'd ret. I couldn't pull enough to drain his mana. If we didn't dick around on Lynx we woulda finished the 4th chest with about 30 mins to spare. Gruul was a 2-3 min kill. HKM was a 1min 30 sec kill. Mag was a 6 min kill. This week clearing BT on my main was under 3hrs. Illidan was a 6 min kill with no demon phases at all because of his hp nerf and the dps of the raid and he didn't spawn any eyebeams? Dunno if thats a bug or working as intended.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby guillex » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:45 am

To answer your question directly, I've done (as dps, mind) the Nexus and UK.

Both were ez-mode for the tank at level 72ish (which really isn't that hard to ding if you're following quests).
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Return to WotLK