Remove Advertisements

Karazhan time record.

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Pizbit » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:46 am

shaak wrote:a few weeks ago, i PUGed with the second best guild on the server doing a run and from time of first pull to downing Prince, was 1 hour 48 mins and 58 seconds... that was the best kara run of my life lol
also had 3 warglaives of azzinoth there :P

oh btw would it be possible to have a paladin tank all the adds on curator and just have dps focus on curator? or is that just not plausable?

What I usually do is have everyone stand under curator except hunters. then just told people to let rip, have 2 dedicated to tab targeting for flares then they can easily switch back to curator.
Having people stand with me at curator means the flares don't run everywhere and they can be hit by whirlwhind, consecrate, blade flurry etc etc.

Oh, fastest I've done was 2 hours. It would have been faster but my healers refused to pot and had alt DPS:(
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Kaienn » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:16 am

Definitely no more than 1.5 Hours. I run it weekly with my guildies for badges mainly. We bring mostly our core raiders full T6/Sunwell gear. We still bring 2 healers but I MT all of it and get one of the DPS to OT netherspite; other than that I MT the whole run.

Normally i like to bring a crap load of AoE and nuke the place. I find it goes much quicker like that.
Kaienn

Postby djlar » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:27 pm

So, with 3.02 the record should be under an hour right?
djlar

Postby Tyaera » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:38 pm

We went 48 minutes the other night.

Nightbane took to the air at 50% and didn't come down again until 1% when we stopped DPS to let him land :lol:

And Illhoof died before he got to spawn any of the imps.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby sanctifico » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:13 am

Tyaera wrote:We went 48 minutes the other night.

Nightbane took to the air at 50% and didn't come down again until 1% when we stopped DPS to let him land :lol:

And Illhoof died before he got to spawn any of the imps.

This.

Its so fecking easy, we did a 1h2mins as our old record last night well.... we nine manned it in 50mins.

trash pulls were.... Door > Midnight...... Steps > Morose & entire room at once.... Morose > Maiden 2 pulls..... Maiden > Opera was about 4 (had to be sensible on the ushers).... Opera > Nightbane 2pulls.

Simply just madness had one or two deaths so i think we could go faster.

Kill times were
Midnight - 62 seconds
Morose - down before first vanish ~40seconds
Maiden - down before first repentance ~46seconds (damn silence)
Opera(oz) - 2mins or as near as it doesnt matter.
Nightbane - erm, he took off and died on landing :p (gotta love 6mages :p)
Illhoof - something like 36seconds
Aran - 40seconds.
Netherspite - one beam phase.
Prince - 65 seconds (including pull)

the bossess are just lol.

In BT I was solo tanking RoS/Gorfeind trash pack & a behmoth, while the hunters were getting the next pack md'd to me :p

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby hoho » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:20 am

Hm, I wonder if how far is possible to threebox Kara now with (pre-patch Kara-capable) tankadin, SWP DPS geared priest and a quest greens lock. I should try that during the weekend :)
hoho

Postby sanctifico » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:33 am

hoho wrote:Hm, I wonder if how far is possible to threebox Kara now with (pre-patch Kara-capable) tankadin, SWP DPS geared priest and a quest greens lock. I should try that during the weekend :)

Not with that setup you wont, you'd lack too much dps to kill any of bosses before they hit the enrage timers.

Three boxing it would be a huge mistake, because of how random things can be, and how rigid a threebox setup is.

If its do-able it would be with a setup like this, played by skilled players.

T6 Warlock. (since its the only dps class that can dps at range & doesnt have mana issues & can do aoe. (gear wise should be looking 2k+ personal dps without raidbuffs)
T6 healer (except druid imo (dispelling will be needed)).
T6 Tank (any since we can all aoe tank).

DPS would be your problem, can you beat the enrages with just the dps contributed by the tank + warlock (maybe a little 2-300 dps from the healer)
I think 3000raid dps would be enough to kill most of them before the enrage. (morose would be pretty hard because of his dot & gouge)

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Petrus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:24 am

We started about 5:57 local time and ended at 7:22, so it was about an hour and a half start to finish which included waiting for some people to run back (which took about 15 on its own). It's REALLY fast now.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Draeg1 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:39 am

Tyaera wrote:

Just so everyone knows, you cant kill Bane in the air... we tried the other night to see what would happen (fall off the side never to be looted?? lol)
He'll still have 1 hp when he lands :D
Draeg1

Postby djlar » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:22 pm

SO you think I can MT Kara all the way to prince? uncrit, 13K HP (after patch 500HP reduction) unbuffed, 450 SP unbuffed, I so want tot 100 badge legs and perhaps this time win the T4 gloves and helmet.
djlar

Postby Sederia » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:06 pm

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Sederia

thats prettymuch the gear I had to tank it, I swapped my watch in for maiden(in case) and fig for some of the trash packs but the brew maiden was pretty good about coming mid fight to give us more beers

498 def
13k hps(13247)
366 unbuffed SD
the dodge block and parry will be more questionable, but I had no trouble keeping agro on anything but trash(which me/OT were basicly chain pulling), it was dieing so fast I couldn't get some... could have easily 1 tanked it, but we had several warriors and he had prot gear

I tanked everything but Netherspite successfully(well Opera was wolf, not exactly something you tank, I was hoping for R&J so I could tank both)
Sederia

Postby search66 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:48 am

Took us about 2-hours for a full clear... Half the group was VERY undergeared and we had 2 68's with us. Biggest problem... We failed at chess (no really)... and right after those alien things were bugged. Strangest thing EVER... Me (MT) and the OT were basically invisible to them. We ended up running past them all... and I would rez them on the stairs after.

Prince also was bugged, and was invisible to me and the OT... I ended up killing myself (DI) and afterwards was good.

As mentioned, our group was undergeared and was a great opportunity for them to grab some much needed items... DPS ranged from 500-900.
search66

Postby warden » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:16 am

The bug is chess related. If you release from your piece and are unable to move for a min or two, then you are bugged, even once you can move. Since 3.02, after chess is over and loot is passed out, the entire raid logs out and back in to dump the bug. It only takes about 40 seconds, but can save a lot of grief later.
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby search66 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:43 am

Warden wrote:The bug is chess related. If you release from your piece and are unable to move for a min or two, then you are bugged, even once you can move. Since 3.02, after chess is over and loot is passed out, the entire raid logs out and back in to dump the bug. It only takes about 40 seconds, but can save a lot of grief later.

O really? I was wondering, because the same thing happened to me last night. I ended up just DI'ing and it fixed the problem.
search66

Postby Nakama » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:55 pm

Warden wrote:The bug is chess related. If you release from your piece and are unable to move for a min or two, then you are bugged, even once you can move. Since 3.02, after chess is over and loot is passed out, the entire raid logs out and back in to dump the bug. It only takes about 40 seconds, but can save a lot of grief later.

So right clicking the Brain debuff doesn't work and you're still stuck?

--Jed
Nakama

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan