Quick questions

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Quick questions

Postby amadiss » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:19 am

1. Are crushing blows from bosses removed in WotLK or in 3.0?
(Ignoring this fact is my excuse to post in the wotlk forum)

2. If already removed then how much do you care about keeping your
102.4%, would you sacrifice this for a threat libram instead?
amadiss

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:20 am

I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby amadiss » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:19 pm

Thats really not an answer, because some of the spells listed in the compilation are already availbale in 3.0 (new judgements for example) but others (3% dmg reduction on ShoT) are not happening until WoTLK.

So, in the case of crushing blow removal, is that taking effect on 3.0 or WoTLK?

Thanks for your reply anyway.
amadiss

Postby Eender » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:27 pm

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Gamingdevil » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:14 am

I'm using my HS libram now instead of my SoR one, not like I use SoR anymore and it actually makes me "uncrushable" again, so it's raw mitigation.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:15 am

Blood furnace libram is our current libram of choice tbh, unless you are still off the 102.4%
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby steadypal » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:20 am

Worldie wrote:Blood furnace libram is our current libram of choice tbh, unless you are still off the 102.4%

use that for tanking??

is that better than mother or consecrate libram?
steadypal

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:34 am

Consecrate libram fails quite much threat wise, that's "maybe" 3 TPS?

Shahraz Libram is close to useless until we get ShoR at 75.

3% spell/melee crit is much better than 300 BV or 3 TPS.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Faeth » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:40 am

i didn't realize this before, but it has come to my attention that you don't seem to require 490 defense to be uncrittable as long as you have the 102.4% avoidance.

Since for some it might be easier to obtain the avoidance, this seems an additional reason to get to that number still.
Faeth

Postby Levantine » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:43 am

Faeth wrote:i didn't realize this before, but it has come to my attention that you don't seem to require 490 defense to be uncrittable as long as you have the 102.4% avoidance.

Since for some it might be easier to obtain the avoidance, this seems an additional reason to get to that number still.

BAD AND STUPID AND WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO IT.

Any stun or a mob getting behind you and you go splat.

Using pieces like the Shield Wall and Slicer with Resil are a better option than praying that your 102.4 doesn't fail you.
Levantine

Postby steadypal » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:43 am

Worldie wrote:Consecrate libram fails quite much threat wise, that's "maybe" 3 TPS?

Shahraz Libram is close to useless until we get ShoR at 75.

3% spell/melee crit is much better than 300 BV or 3 TPS.

now will that crit ever be up for judgement? meaning it effects the initial judge to proc it? or will it pretty much only help out on everything after that for 5 seconds? IE, hotr/exorcism/autoattack/shieldthrow/holywrath/hammer, lol? for 5 seconds out of every 9?
steadypal

Postby Faeth » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:46 am

Levantine wrote:BAD AND STUPID AND WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO IT.

Any stun or a mob getting behind you and you go splat.

Using pieces like the Shield Wall and Slicer with Resil are a better option than praying that your 102.4 doesn't fail you.

Ofc this is why defense is still prefered because of the mobs that stun you...Permanently uncrittable ftw. I'm just saying that it's not like you're crittable by default if you reached the avoidance cap but don't have 490 defense.

It is however, less prefered because of stuns, etc ye.
Faeth

Postby Levantine » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:51 am

Like I said, if you're really hurting for defense, just suck it up and use your Merc Shield Wall and Slicer.
Levantine

Postby degre » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:19 am

We are not using anymore caster's weapons, if you lack defense, go for a tanking weapon.

King's Defender and The Sun Eater are both easily obtainable and will contribute.

On top of your gear you still have the option of enchanting your wrist, back or chest.

Then you can regem using the yellow rare or epic defense gems.

If this is still not enough, you might want to drop one of your two stamina trinkets and use a defense one instead, Dabiri's Enigma or Adamantine Dildo are working just fine.

If you're still crittable or the above solutions do not satisfy you, reroll DPS.

PS. I obviusly avoided to mention T5/6 drops as are not commonly available and voluntarely omitted welfare gear as I don't enjoy PvP and there are plenty of PvE solutions at hand.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:20 am

Hear degro, hear!

Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to WotLK