Weapon choice for 3.0

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Weapon choice for 3.0

Postby Kanpachi » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:17 am

I've been looking at our abilities and reading the new tanking strategies and such for 3.0, and noticed everyone now wants to use a high-dps tanking weapon. What I'm wondering is, why? The majority of our abilities scale equally with attack power and spell power. I understand that Hammer of the Righteous is based on our paper doll DPS, but is the 60 or so more paper doll DPS I'll have from a high-dps tanking weapon worth it, considering most of these weapons don't have attack power and I'm getting them instead of a weapon with a massive amount of spell power?

I just don't see how the extra Hammer of the Righteous damage makes up for the 230 or so spell damage I'll be losing if I switch to, say, The Unbreakable Will instead of using my current Hammer of Judgement. If someone can mathematically explain how the dps weapon is better, I'd appreciate it.
Kanpachi

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:37 am

I'll limit myself in saying "search better, spelldamage fails for threat now", and link you this post:
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... hp?t=12786

Check the pic in the OP, this information has been repeated on boards about over nine thousand times ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Celestira » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:21 am

Worldie wrote:I'll limit myself in saying "search better, spelldamage fails for threat now", and link you this post:
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... hp?t=12786

Check the pic in the OP, this information has been repeated on boards about over nine thousand times ;)

must...not...say...it....

must...resist...

What? 9000?

Well, I tried at least.
Celestira

Return to Basic Training & Talents