Remove Advertisements

H-MgT after patch 3.02

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

H-MgT after patch 3.02

Postby ldeboer » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:09 am

So after playing around today we decided to do H-MgT as a benchmark to see how things really are after patch.

Well the answer alot ... H-Mgt is like a walk in the park except the pvp fight which actually seems harder.

We had a me pally MT, oomkin, warlock, dps warrior and priest healz all in badge epics etc.

Everyones dps is alot higher like they are all around 1K - 1.2K and stuff just dies so fast. We didnt bother with CC at all and to be honest stuff dies so fast it wasn't worth effort even on stuff lock could enslave.

The first boss is even more of a joke than before he barely gets past 1st xtal drain.

Vex we stood and pondered my dps as tank is showing as 680 dps so we figured even me just hitting it was gonna cause problems. We decided to try burning it down which pre patch just doesnt work it works and works easily. Noone died and not even locks pet died.

Moved onto princess and this fight seems to be much harder. Each of the class seems to have gained the changes of that class and diminishing returns seems to be in full effect. We got salaris and rogue so it was not pretty we had 3 deaths to complete. It looks like the rogue is immune to fear or maybe can resist it and the dam stuns from both of these was painful. In the end only tactic that worked was to keep salaris cc'ed roots, cyclone, stuns whatever we banished the demon healer and killed the rogue first and then princess followed by the caster. The new higher dps makes it pretty hard for the healers in the grping to heal the target in time so prob less concentration on healers now.

Moved to kael the new higher dps makes this fight very trivial the oomkin and lock killed the bird before it could get anywhere near them. Collect loot move on.
ldeboer

Postby uke » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:51 pm

I wonder how well ret pallys would do in h-mgt now with their 1 min Repentance, especially at the 3rd boss?
uke

Postby Andryana » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:37 pm

Well i ran it today with the only CC being the ret pally and it worked fine on the 3rd boss.
Andryana

Postby Zolexa » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:57 am

The first boss is even more of a joke than before he barely gets past 1st xtal drain.

Only had one real problem with him last night. And it was more of a fluke accident.

When pulling the 2 wretched guys just below him, AS bounced straight up...
All the times I have done that pull with AS, I have never tagged him before. Priest and me were the only 2 inside the room. As it was, we got him to 28% (after adds), the last 10% was solo after priest died which was fun.
Zolexa

Postby Othersider » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:24 pm

Yeah, AS got its bounce range tweaked so frisbeeing the two guys in front of the boss will hit the boss as well. Just make sure everyone's in the room.
Othersider

Postby Freyas » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:06 pm

Zolexa wrote:

Only had one real problem with him last night. And it was more of a fluke accident.

When pulling the 2 wretched guys just below him, AS bounced straight up...
All the times I have done that pull with AS, I have never tagged him before. Priest and me were the only 2 inside the room. As it was, we got him to 28% (after adds), the last 10% was solo after priest died which was fun.

I had the same problem with that pull- though we almost managed to get through it- we almost got all the adds down, but the healer couldn't quite keep up with the explosion damage after his drain in addition to all the guys beating on me.

Sadly, we neglected to check the adds on the priestess fight, and when we got there, it ended up being the rogue, arms warrior, shammy, and hunter, and after a couple wipes, we ended up calling the run. Everything up to that point went really smoothly, using no crowd control other than enslave (the lock wanted the sick dps from the sisters).
Freyas

Postby Zoltar » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:45 pm

Ran this last night. On the first boss room I had an AS randomness misshap. Threw the shield at the first 2 mobs in the centre of the room but managed to agro the whole room, including the boss!. We were still outside the room so after the adds all died the boss was running back and forth to the crystals through the wall. Somehow we managed to survive it without a death.

Second boss was stoopidly easy.

Had the shammy, MS warrior, rogue & hunter for adds on third boss. After one wipe I decided to put on my healing gear and we got through it with a couple of deaths.

Kael was a pushover.
Zoltar

Postby Katerina » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:23 am

Zoltar wrote:On the first boss room I had an AS randomness misshap. Threw the shield at the first 2 mobs in the centre of the room but managed to agro the whole room, including the boss!. We were still outside the room so after the adds all died the boss was running back and forth to the crystals through the wall. Somehow we managed to survive it without a death.

This is exactly what happened for us too. Ultimate efficiency pull. Healer thought I did it on purpose since I'd promised this was going to be a fast run.

We never clear the two back groups in the priestess fight and I had turned the demon engineer.... who wandered all over the place and eventually pulled one of those back groups. Because for whatever reason I decided to stay in tank gear instead of jumping into healer gear, no one died, lol. It was close though....
Katerina

Postby Cadarn » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:04 am

I was also a victim of the extended shield range on the 2nd boss. Unfortunately, my gear isn't that great and it caused the only wipe we had. I've been careful to body pull the middle group since then.

I'm actually a little disappointed that the range is getting reverted on the next patch. It's caused a few crazy pulls, but overall I like it better the way it is.
Cadarn

Postby Katerina » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:55 am

Cadarn wrote:I was also a victim of the extended shield range on the 2nd boss. Unfortunately, my gear isn't that great and it caused the only wipe we had. I've been careful to body pull the middle group since then.

I'm actually a little disappointed that the range is getting reverted on the next patch. It's caused a few crazy pulls, but overall I like it better the way it is.

Really? Because that is the only reason I was considering glyphing mine to hit only one target - so I could use it for every pull. The multi-target one is better for AoE trash though, and I know I'd miss it.

Currently asking a dpser to pull the questionable packs, then just RD'ing to pick them up. But yeah, the first time it bounced crazy on me I was totally like O.o
Katerina

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics