Remove Advertisements

defense/% not to be critted?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

defense/% not to be critted?

Postby Gowron » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:18 am

What is the defense we need at lvl80 versus raidbosses (lvl83), to be uncrittable, and how many % chance to not be critted is that?

Asking, becasue I can see that we need more defense, but is the % really changed?
Gowron

Postby Levantine » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:22 am

You do realise that the answers are all over the boards, and if you had've looked for like, three minutes, you would have found them?
Levantine

Postby Gowron » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:32 am

3 minutes?

I used the search function, spit myself through several posts with a lot of replies, and I couldn't find it, or I just read over it, because all the words became blurry :p

And instead of stating the obvious, you could also have given me answer, or a direction to head, to find it?

(Some people do use search before asking, but cannot spend that much time to search thru all the non-relevant posts)
Gowron

Postby ulushnar » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:39 am

The % isn't changed. But to get 5.6% not to be crit vs a lvl 83 boss, you'll need 50 more defense skill than you would vs a lvl 73 boss.

It's that simple.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Gowron » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:45 am

mmm, Thats what I was afraid off :p

so the bears with their 6% reduction to crit-chance are in luck...

Thanks.
Gowron

Postby ulushnar » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:48 am

Gowron wrote:mmm, Thats what I was afraid off :p

Well they need that since +defense leather is gone in WotLK.

Compared to the itemization nightmare that was Uncrushable at the starting raid level this is a piece of piss.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby ziggyunderslashone » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:14 am

Ulushnar wrote:Compared to the itemization nightmare that was Uncrushable at the starting raid level this is a piece of piss.

It's actually really easy at preraid level. A lot of the blues have masses of defence. It's the 10 man naxx/heroic epic ("Heroe's" set, see what they did there) sort of level thats more problematic, but at that point you have access to def trinkets and sockets
ziggyunderslashone

Postby mconeone » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:15 am

All you need is crafted blues. It's not that bad unit you start getting epics with less defense.
mconeone

Postby Macawber » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:23 pm

Ulushnar wrote:...this is a piece of piss.

ziggyunderslashone wrote:It's actually really easy at preraid level...

Just to clarify, 'piece of piss' generally means 'trivially easy.' So we're probably all in agreement here that reaching uncritable won't be a problem at 80.
Macawber

Postby Marklevin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:50 pm

Ulushnar wrote:
Gowron wrote:mmm, Thats what I was afraid off :p

Compared to the itemization nightmare that was Uncrushable at the starting raid level this is a piece of piss.

add to that that from what I hear you don't even need to be uncrittable to do Naxx, and raiding will be a much gentler start in Wrath
Marklevin

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:56 am

You don't "need" uncrittable but some bosses are going to be royal pain.

Doing Maexxna or Patchwerk as crittable is like doing Prince or Nightbane as crushable.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to WotLK