Ret nerfed hard via unannounced hotfix.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Ret nerfed hard via unannounced hotfix.

Postby Dianora » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:47 pm

Divine Storm is now physical damage. That's about 50% reduction damage on bosses. Seal of Command also nerfed.

Well, the QQer wins.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Yinramu » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:54 pm

I really never thought I'd say this but... it really did need to be nerfed. It's not as though we were in the dark about it coming. I played an AV last night, and was watching the Paladins going crazy, and at one point was seeing a line of 4 paladins (opposing) running opposite each other around a group of horde, and the one thing that came to my mind was a meat grinder in action.
User avatar
Yinramu
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:21 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Ret nerfed hard via unannounced hotfix.

Postby Strom » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:01 pm

Dianora wrote:Divine Storm is now physical damage. That's about 50% reduction damage on bosses. Seal of Command also nerfed.

Well, the QQer wins.


On a full sundered boss I doubt its much DPS loss on DS, but what did they do to SoC?
Image
Strom
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:46 am

Postby Legionp » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:11 pm

DS changed to physical is expected in my mind (can be cast while silenced, just like CS). But yeah, what happened to SoC?
Legionp
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:01 pm

Postby Dianora » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:24 pm

Legionp wrote:DS changed to physical is expected in my mind (can be cast while silenced, just like CS). But yeah, what happened to SoC?


Supposedly that got tone down as well.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:28 pm

My biggest problem with this is the nerf I'll take to my tanking threat with Divine Storm.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10475
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:54 pm

Playing around with my Pally alt, it looks like Command is doing physical damage as well. It's hitting for less than my white strikes now.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10818
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Postby lusisia » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:06 pm

Sabindeus wrote:My biggest problem with this is the nerf I'll take to my tanking threat with Divine Storm.


Here ya go, pimp:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... sid=2000#0
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
User avatar
lusisia
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:11 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA. US

Postby Murbella » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:22 pm

ret paladins approaching arms warriors in pvp does indeed warrant a hot fix :wink:
User avatar
Murbella
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:38 am

Postby Arcand » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:34 pm

Murbella wrote:ret paladins approaching arms warriors in pvp does indeed warrant a hot fix :wink:


Because...
Arcand
Moderator
 
Posts: 4525
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Postby Elsie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:40 pm

Nerf ret, I got one hit in on a decently geared mage. Ret must be OP.
User avatar
Elsie
 
Posts: 3819
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:12 pm

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:44 pm

Elsie wrote:Nerf ret, I got one hit in on a decently geared mage. Ret must be OP.


That mage failed hard if you got anywhere near him.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10818
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Postby kurros » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:57 pm

Yinramu wrote:I really never thought I'd say this but... it really did need to be nerfed. It's not as though we were in the dark about it coming. I played an AV last night, and was watching the Paladins going crazy, and at one point was seeing a line of 4 paladins (opposing) running opposite each other around a group of horde, and the one thing that came to my mind was a meat grinder in action.


Sounds like every pre-made I have ever faced in WSG, except replace the paladins with warriors. Hmm.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros
 
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:51 am

Postby thegreatheed » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:04 am

Arcand wrote:
Murbella wrote:ret paladins approaching arms warriors in pvp does indeed warrant a hot fix :wink:


Because...


exactly. where does it say that ret shouldn't be a viable pvp spec???? i'm already getting beat very often by mages, and several other classes that get the jump on me.

this nerf is a little pre-mature, imo. give it 2 weeks to play out, it's amazing what people can come up with in terms of strategy to overcome seeming balance inequalities.
Image
thegreatheed
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:02 pm

Re: Ret nerfed hard via unannounced hotfix.

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:08 am

Dianora wrote:Divine Storm is now physical damage. That's about 50% reduction damage on bosses. Seal of Command also nerfed.

Well, the QQer wins.


The QQer win a fair fight in my opinion

It does not fuck up pvp for us , it just means other people can have a chance at beating us even if we stun em and unload all we got

Also as pointed sunders AND blood frenzy will make up for it in PvE up to a point , although admitely it is nerfed
User avatar
Io.Draco
 
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:33 am

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Klaudandus and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 1 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Klaudandus and 1 guest