Sunwell in 3.0.2 (TL;DR: Nerfwell)

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Sunwell in 3.0.2 (TL;DR: Nerfwell)

Postby knaughty » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:59 pm

They may have nerfed Sunwell a little too hard... first five bosses are basically trivial now. We were 4/6 last week - killed first five bosses last night, in about 3 hours.

• Biggest issue with Kalec was making sure we had some people in demon realm before killing the dragon.

• Brute took just over 3 minutes. We actually wiped once to bugged MD - Brute killed the hunter, ate the melee & the burn healers, then Tank 1 picked him up. We almost 18-manned him despite that, failed when another healer or two died to burn.

• Felmyst was under 10% at second flight phase, dead on landing. Peeled off the MT twice....

• Twins... well, I killed us by peeling the second twin off the ranged tank :roll: Tankadin threat might be a little high right now... I'm doing 4k TPS while "off-tanking". Anyway, 2-shot after I sat on my hands once first twin was dead.

• M'uru our old record was P1 21%. Took us ~3 tries to kill him, timing was way off due to how fast M'uru goes down - roughly double. We eventually had no DPS on spawns at all, I soloed them. First clean transition to P2 he went down.

Notes

OMFG... pally TPS. I'm cruising around at over 4k TPS, 3k if I just auto-attack. Biggest issue of the night was me peeling crap. No issues at all holding threat on Brute despite the 3 min kill.

Sunwell is ridiculously easy now. We took extra healers to be safe, but even so, things are dying in literally half the time. Brute in 3 mins, not 6. Felmyst in two phases, not four. Twins in under 3 mins. Only wipes all night were bugged MD, me peeling at twins, and 2-3 getting our progression M'uru kill.

DPS at Brute was up.. 50%? Unsure, WWS is dead. Top 10 people were all over 2k DPS, top 3 were just under 3k.
Last edited by knaughty on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby inthedrops » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:43 pm

We started out cautious and careful and it quickly turned into AoE tanking everything and not bothering to mark. Almost forgot to grab the second wave of adds on KJ because it was so quick. For a second there I thought we were going to hit the mark before they darkness.

The game is far easier now.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Karador » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:16 pm

Just went in and 23 manned the first 3 bosses tonight......

Brut was a joke even down 2 of our best DPS'ers.

Kalc was LOL in every way ( 72% before the first portal spawned so we had to sit on our hands a bit on the dragon and it was the first time we ever used 2 tanks for the fight >.> )

Felmyst a few people died to gas nova and she made it to the 3rd air phase right as she hit 1% so we just stayed alive and she died right when she landed :) Still no fucking shield but we have resto shaman getting the damn ele pants now since that is all that she has on her loot table for us it seems.

Twins tomorrow should be " interesting " at least.
Karador

Postby Thark » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:28 pm

I knew the changes would make it easier, but what a change!

As Knaughty said, the bosses were too easy. DPS was too fast on Kalecgos. We did a 3 tank rotation with just 2 tanks, and it went fine. Brutallus is just faster, and I don't think I ever spiked on it. I had to click off RF on the Twins because I had too much threat. We also killed M'uru for the first time. We really should have killed him pre-patch, but it's sad how much of a joke it was. We put Kil'jaeden to around 55% I believe on just our second attempt with little idea how the fight works.

Personally, while it's nice to breeze through things, they've removed the challenge. It's easier than when BT was on farm, just with better loot.
Thark

Postby Karador » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:14 pm

Thark wrote:Personally, while it's nice to breeze through things, they've removed the challenge. It's easier than when BT was on farm, just with better loot.

^ That statement is so true. But honestly I got to the point of just saying " fuck it " when they announced that. I am glad to be 3/6 Sunwell before the nerf and if we kill the rest of sunwell before wrath then so be it. I am on the beta and have seen how badass the gear is from there and honestly it is a good thing blizzard did from a company view.

Here is the log of the brut kill tonight if anyone wants to see it. WWS is FUBAR'd right now so this one is from the WWS forums and we have been using it for a whole and i really like it now.

http://wmo.ngacn.cc/combat/600752

My rotation was all fucked up tonight and i still was pulling 2K TPS on brut lol.
Karador

Postby guillex » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:46 pm

Thark wrote:I knew the changes would make it easier, but what a change!

As Knaughty said, the bosses were too easy. DPS was too fast on Kalecgos. We did a 3 tank rotation with just 2 tanks, and it went fine. Brutallus is just faster, and I don't think I ever spiked on it. I had to click off RF on the Twins because I had too much threat. We also killed M'uru for the first time. We really should have killed him pre-patch, but it's sad how much of a joke it was. We put Kil'jaeden to around 55% I believe on just our second attempt with little idea how the fight works.

Personally, while it's nice to breeze through things, they've removed the challenge. It's easier than when BT was on farm, just with better loot.

With a short time before a new xpac is being released, and a LOT of the playerbase not having been able to see the new content that was released throughout the 2.x patches, Blizzard did a very good thing company-wise.

People are probably going to whine that they're catering to the casuals again, but it's so close to release ... who really cares? Let people see it.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby knaughty » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:55 pm

Nerf it for sure - I think they should have nerfed it a little a month back, same as every other tier of content got nerfed after it got cleared on "hard mode" so the slightly less hard-core can see it and maybe clear it.

I just think they've overdone the nerf. M'uru feels easier than Magtheridon progression kills now.

I wouldn't have any problem at all with 3/6 guilds turning into 6/6 guilds if they're still raiding. But with current tuning it feels like you could PUG as far as Twins in tier-5 gear. Any guild that had killed Illidan in 2.4 should be able to do M'uru easy enough.

Will see how Kil'Jaeden is tonight... with how the rest of it felt, I'd be unsurprised if we kill him the first night we see him. Something of a let-down.

Getting from 0/6 -> 5/6 in a night or two for a fresh Sunwell guild seems likely.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby fafhrd » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:34 am

yeah that was kinda a ludicrously easy clear.

we've been 5/6 for a while now, went in today and one shotted everything up to KJ in an hour and a half or so, wiped to KJ ~5 times, mostly to new problems like "we're killing him so quickly that he spawns dragon orbs before the previous ones are down" and people whining that this stopped them being at their orbs, then killed him.

Still satisfying to finally be done with sunwell, nerfed KJ or not :)

Pleased to find that my hunter has even more mana to play with than before, dps is up by 4-600, and MM is fairly competitive DPS after a year of boremastery.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby fafhrd » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:56 am

Karador wrote:Here is the log of the brut kill tonight if anyone wants to see it. WWS is FUBAR'd right now so this one is from the WWS forums and we have been using it for a whole and i really like it now.

http://wmo.ngacn.cc/combat/600752

neat, thanks! Can use that to tide people over till WWS is fixed.

uploaded our brutallus, kek: http://wmo.ngacn.cc/combat/602011
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby towelliee » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:25 am

SWP is a joke. I know our GM's and Raid leaders were upset while everyone else was having massive fun. We really wanted to down all the bosses the right way before this nerf. Hell we didn't think the nerf was going to be THAT bad. But anyways

Kalecgos - 2 attempts, 1st attempt we got Kal to like 15% in a minute while Demon was still 60%. So we basically sent in 2 groups in first portal and that was that.

Brut - 3:18 fight not even a challenge.

Felmyst - one shot her got her down on second landing

Eradar Twins - 3 shot her. We had been on twins for 2 weeks wiping to conflags but it dind't even matter this time. We downed them with 4 people up but we got job done.

Tonight looks like we're set on downing Muru then heading to KJ.
towelliee

Postby Morganim » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:46 am

We had the same experience

We took a 69 paladin to first 4 boses we where that confident to gear him up for his new main.

We did kalecgos in 1 portal roation (4 portal strat) using 2 tanks we've always done it with 3
Brutallus took just over 3 minutes with 24 people (69 ret did like 700 dps), it was a joke how fast his hp dropped.
Felmyst was done in 2 ground phases, instant holy wrath made p2 trivial.

Twins was dropped absurdly fast, my feral MT'd and i OT'd and kept up without going hard at all, when we started killing alythess i was just dpsing my hardest to see what numers i could get and after 15 secnods had the whole raid screaming at me because i was about to pull aggro :P, whod of thought i could catch up 150k threat so fast i wasnt even looking at omen

Muru was ridiculous, we had muru at 5% at the end of the second humanoid wave, and had to call stop dps so we didnt get new adds as transitioned, ended up killing entropius in about 15-20 seconds lol. The sentainals + spawns where nuked so hard and fast i barely had time to go through 1 spell rotation.

KJ was as big of a dissapointment as muru, after all the work we did on him we went in tonight with a terrible raid set up (all our muru and kj we used perfect buffs etc) and we farmed him soooo hard. The dps was so insane that by the time one lot of adds died we where 10% off the next group.
25% to 0% required 2 shields from the dragons .............

No offsec apolyon tho :(

Oh my guild also got some random mention on wowinsider hahaha

edit: I forgot to mention LOLOLOLOL THREAT. I use 4pce t6 (sunwell pieces + gloves) + rising tide + every piece of sunwell gear bar the muru ring so im practically finsihed gearing. But our threat is fucking insane.
first 3 bosses i was so far ahead of the dps i could of gone and taken a pee and come back and still been infront.
Brutallus with the taunt was just sooo stupid. I did wings threat, then druid taunted used his new 51pt threat thingo and by the time i taunted back there wasnt any point on attacking anymore :P. On twins i had to give our druid a 5 second head start and even then not frisbee and be slow on the exorcisms just because my threat was so good. Itd be fun to test it with a warrior next week to see how they shaped up comparitvely but on kj our prot war was tripple the threat of the 2nd spot an enhance shammy
Morganim

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:23 am

My guild downed Eredar twins in 5 tries

It took 5 due to them not nerfing the conflag boss

Or not nerfing the warlock tank runs into shadowfury to clear debuffs boss

But jesus christ our TPS is too high

I had to lay back on Eredar cause i kept pulling off MT and I kept aggro through COnfuding Blow

Also you can nearly single tank Brutallus our other MT dc'ed at 90% and I tanked him down to 11 I just kept respositioning his big butt.

My omen was bugged but my ret pally was telling me i was holding 2.8k-3k tps on trash and bosses
Lightbeard

Postby Grimtok » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:30 am

Yeah Sunwell is nerfed to hell now. The only boss we had issues with was Felmyst but that was just because we were all sitting at 1000-2000ms latency and mass dispelling was so lagged.

We were 4/6 before the patch and we 2 shot M'uru. Our best attempt pre-3.0 was 51% in phase 2. First pull he was at 19% in phase 2 and the second time we pulled him he died. No one really celebrated because it was so easy.

We decided to pull KJ once before calling it for the night and got him to 82% with most of the raid dead. I will admit it was good to actually see the content before WotLK hit.
Grimtok

Postby Mithos » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:14 am

Should kill KJ tonight then, not seen p5 pre nerf because of various annoying things, mostly due to some of our key DPSer's connections.... -_-, got to 26% 2 times with a load of people dead.

Lol brutallus DPS, top 3 were Rogue (3300 DPS, combat), Rogue (3000, Mutilate) and Ret pally (3000). Was just sick. As fafhrd said, a shame not to have done it all pre-nerf, but we were going to kill him anyway, probably this week without the patch. Nice to be done and have some fun in there now :).
Mithos

Postby fafhrd » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:32 am

Bad place to ask, but thread seems kinda directionless anyway: something in my new UI I'm guessing is making my WoW Fatal Error just before a darkness casts on KJ, about 1 in 4 darknesses. This has never happened to me before. Did anyone else have this happen?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau