Sunwell post 3.0

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Sunwell post 3.0

Postby Mithos » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:57 pm

Wow, just wow.

Kalecgos dead in the most clusterfuck attempt I have ever seen, including people playing partially out of the spellbook with horrednous UI's (Yeah we dared to raid on the day the patch was released in the EU :P).

Brut dead in 3m 59 with 4 tanks and 9 healers, and 2 people DC on the pull. (Although he DID kill me during stomp, couldn't find my ironshields in my bags in time :<). Felmyst in about 4-5 mins as well, and trash dies almost instantly.

Twins, ah twins...we managed to break the server :S. Two of our healers who live together were DCing as soon as any combat started, so we swapped em out for twins, got 2 people in then started. Only to find that because of the immense lag, one of the healers (a paladin) was still in the instance AND was in Shattrath at the same time, moving around and playing normally. The version in the instance was evading effectively, but was targetable with heals and buffs.

We pulled, and someone nubbed out at conflag, wipe. Except that the evading healer was just standing there, taking the beatings and not dieing. We were all laughing so much they enraged and we hadn't released, he was getting 200k crits on him constantly and he was just not dieing at all. He was eventually outside the instance with us tryign to run back in, but couldn't because "an encounter is in progress". He was actually taking the damage on his "real" form, but no HP was lost, just the numbers appearing. He even DI'd someone for the hell of it and the version inside was still alive! Ofc GM services were down so we couldn't do anything, but raid leader sent a ticket anyway and about 45 mins later a server restart contdown started (wecalled the raid after the ticket, nothing we could do at all except try to laugh some more and the 200k crits this guy kept eating :) )

Any other completely random experiences with the wonders of patch day raiding?
Mithos

Re: Sunwell post 3.0

Postby Kethion » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:02 pm

Mithos wrote:Wow, just wow.

Kalecgos dead in the most clusterfuck attempt I have ever seen, including people playing partially out of the spellbook with horrednous UI's (Yeah we dared to raid on the day the patch was released in the EU :P).

Brut dead in 3m 59 with 4 tanks and 9 healers, and 2 people DC on the pull. (Although he DID kill me during stomp, couldn't find my ironshields in my bags in time :<). Felmyst in about 4-5 mins as well, and trash dies almost instantly.

Twins, ah twins...we managed to break the server :S. Two of our healers who live together were DCing as soon as any combat started, so we swapped em out for twins, got 2 people in then started. Only to find that because of the immense lag, one of the healers (a paladin) was still in the instance AND was in Shattrath at the same time, moving around and playing normally. The version in the instance was evading effectively, but was targetable with heals and buffs.

We pulled, and someone nubbed out at conflag, wipe. Except that the evading healer was just standing there, taking the beatings and not dieing. We were all laughing so much they enraged and we hadn't released, he was getting 200k crits on him constantly and he was just not dieing at all. He was eventually outside the instance with us tryign to run back in, but couldn't because "an encounter is in progress". He was actually taking the damage on his "real" form, but no HP was lost, just the numbers appearing. He even DI'd someone for the hell of it and the version inside was still alive! Ofc GM services were down so we couldn't do anything, but raid leader sent a ticket anyway and about 45 mins later a server restart contdown started (wecalled the raid after the ticket, nothing we could do at all except try to laugh some more and the 200k crits this guy kept eating :) )

Any other completely random experiences with the wonders of patch day raiding?
Killed M'uru on our third ever attempt. And killed all three of KJ's friends with 2 of them stacked on top of each other with no research on the fight at all.
Kethion

Postby Zzyzzx » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:04 am

Yea, pretty disappointing...

We worked 3 months on Muru, then were only at around 56-60% on KJ...

Now?

Full clear in 1 night. (3 hour raid)

dumb
Last edited by Zzyzzx on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zzyzzx

Postby Zzyzzx » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:04 am

Yea, pretty disappointing...

Now?

Full clear in 1 night (3 hour raids)

dumb
Zzyzzx

Postby Belloc » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:23 am

Zzyzzx wrote:Yea, pretty disappointing...

Now?

dumb

Dumb? More like "fun!"
Belloc

Postby inthedrops » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:44 am

We all have different definitions for fun. Fun for me is overcoming difficult challenges. Even though we had already cleared sunwell, it was still somewhat challenging. The nerf made it feel like a KZ run pre-nerf.

We're pairing up with one other guild on our server and going to try to kill Cairne Bloodhoof (that level 85 elite). *THAT* should be fun!
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby thomase » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:22 am

Yeah... muru one shotted and KJ second night with 800-1000 ms. Didn't excite like a normal kill, but satisfied nonetheless.

Yeah... we killed the silvermoon leader... server hasnt been the same since :P
thomase

Postby Zzyzzx » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:14 am

Belloc wrote:
Zzyzzx wrote:Yea, pretty disappointing...

Now?

dumb

Dumb? More like "fun!"

Naa, sorry... it wasn't fun at all... aoe tanking all the trash, 1 shotting bosses... too easy... = dumb/not fun/not challenging.
Zzyzzx

Postby Belloc » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:54 am

I know that challenging is fun, but so is wtfpwning everything. BC is pretty much over, why not enjoy being overpowered for the month?
Belloc

Return to Sunwell Plateau