Lvl 70 Gear on patch 3.0

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Lvl 70 Gear on patch 3.0

Postby Vingilot » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:14 am

As many of you may have, I have lots of gear wich I used to switch for tanking, questing (dps) and off-healing (my toon is always prot).

And now that crushing blows are off the table (at least from TBC bosses), I'd like to know if I should change some of my avoidance gear for some with more strength and more stamina, i. e. Andormu's Tear., or my sword (Crystalforged Sword) for one with better speed and dps.

Thanks a lot guys.

(Garona-Vingilot)
Vingilot

Postby Torquemada » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:33 am

First, make sure you get/keep your defense to/at 490. After that, worry about stamina. If your gear also has strength, bonus.
Torquemada

Postby Kellel » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:44 am

so nobody has put together a guide on some possible gear substitutions for 3.0? I know a friend suggested I trade in my Continuum Blade for a Merciless Gladiators Slicer for boss tanking and single target threat generation, are there any more suggestions for gear swaps that might help ease us into this transition?
Kellel
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:48 am

Probably this http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... hp?t=13804 sticky might help you.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby omni » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:21 am

3.0 mechanics at lvl 70 pretty much make threat a non-issue at this point. I tanked Kara last night in my badge gear with t6 dps and hadn't a worry at all on threat.... I say slap in a Sun-eater. Survival is now the only thing you really need to gear for... at least at 70.
omni

Re: Lvl 70 Gear on patch 3.0

Postby Talmus » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:26 am

Vingilot wrote:And now that crushing blows are off the table (at least from TBC bosses)

I couldn't find anything in the patch notes specifically about crushing blows. Were they definitely removed in this patch? I found this line that could be saying they were removed but it was ambiguous:

All raid dungeons from Karazhan to Sunwell Plataeu as well as the outdoor encounters of Doom Lord Kazzak and Doomwalker have been adjusted and now all creatures and bosses have less health points and do less damage.
Talmus

Re: Lvl 70 Gear on patch 3.0

Postby Astarot » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:28 am

Talmus wrote:
Vingilot wrote:And now that crushing blows are off the table (at least from TBC bosses)

I couldn't find anything in the patch notes specifically about crushing blows. Were they definitely removed in this patch? I found this line that could be saying they were removed but it was ambiguous:

All raid dungeons from Karazhan to Sunwell Plataeu as well as the outdoor encounters of Doom Lord Kazzak and Doomwalker have been adjusted and now all creatures and bosses have less health points and do less damage.

They were not removed, but the level difference for crushing blows was made 4 ( from 3) and since bosses are 3 levels above you, they can't crush.

Also, this isn't the right forum for 3.0 questions.
Astarot

Postby omni » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:30 am

Yup just read the sticky. Can an admin please move this thread?
omni

Postby Vingilot » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:04 pm

My defense is at 490, it showed today 465 because talents were not updated on the armory. Thanks for the replys!!!
Vingilot

Return to WotLK