Remove Advertisements

need tips to solo tank kara

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

need tips to solo tank kara

Postby daemonym » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:06 am

i know that 90% of kara can be done with only 1 tank but there's a few areas where an ot is helpful. like moroes and his gouge, i know you can bless sacrifice on somebody thats high on aggro or trinket out, are there any other ways to avoid it aside from so called butt tanking?

also the mobs (waiters i think?) that can come in pairs and freeze you, do you just rely on trinket and/or bubbles for them?

all this is assuming your group has nobody that can viably off tank for you, ie. clothies and rogues, nobody that can go bear or in at least mail armor. am i missing anything that i might need to know before attempting it?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Re: need tips to solo tank kara

Postby Loricata » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:46 pm

daemonym wrote:moroes and his gouge, i know you can bless sacrifice on somebody thats high on aggro or trinket out, are there any other ways to avoid it aside from so called butt tanking?

Leave one of the melee adds alive. When he hits you, it'll break gouge. (Only Moroes will switch targets on Gouge)

also the mobs (waiters i think?) that can come in pairs and freeze you, do you just rely on trinket and/or bubbles for them?

Yep, or hand of freedom if you have a holy/ret pally.
Loricata

Postby Katerina » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:02 am

Didn't even have a shackle for the pairs of waiters and they were EASILY solo-tankable last night (now that 3.0) is out.

Freedom + dps blows them up in like six seconds....

And we had a boomkin use his new indoor root ability on one of Moroes' adds, just to slow him down. Moroes was last to die, and it was a 53 second fight.

We were able to round up the ballroom and AoE them all down, elites and all. Just pulled them into the stairwell going up toward Maiden

Kara hasn't been hard in ages (the great nerf and badge gear have seen to that) but now it is just a really long five man. Anyone who has been worried about going shouldn't. Take your 68 alt and go have a blast. It honestly feels easier now than regular Shadow Labs used to (if that gives some reference).

I never had time to exorcize Nightbane twice between flight phases. Honestly, the flight phase is what slowed that fight up. *taps foot* Skellies need to pop faster.
Katerina

Postby search66 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:18 am

Can't wait to try it out! Seems like it's going to be FUN again and not such a chore.

We've had it scheduled to run the last three nights... and... well... the last three nights Arthas's world server was down! Argh!

On a side note... I did run a H MGT and it was like running a normal ramps. Just mass pulling and nutty AoE. I was lucky enough to get [Commendation of Kael'thas]; which is still an amazing trink IMO.

One crazy thing DID happen... Kael'thas did a pyroblast on me for over 13k... ouch.
search66

Postby gummyrabbit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:14 am

I solo tanked Karazhan this last weekend. Most of the mobs die so fast that we really didn't have time for a second tank. I even pulled the entire room just before Netherspite and we AOE'd all of them.
gummyrabbit

Re: need tips to solo tank kara

Postby Marker » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:31 am

daemonym wrote:i know that 90% of kara can be done with only 1 tank but there's a few areas where an ot is helpful. like moroes and his gouge, i know you can bless sacrifice on somebody thats high on aggro or trinket out, are there any other ways to avoid it aside from so called butt tanking?

Also, you could just make sure that your top TPS is a ranged one and stands at maxrange. Moroes will only briefly have time to reach the dpser before it breaks. But then again, making sure a caster is on top of the dmg chart isnt as easy as it used to be when you could just buff them with anything but BoS...

Everything else that previously required 2 tanks will now get burned down so fast it won't even matter, just be sure to make people singletarget those mobs.
Marker

Postby djlar » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:17 pm

I just mostly single Tanked Kara, the OT was a 12K Warrior, only helpful in Nethersprite for the beam, I ended up getting two beams since the warrior died..
djlar

Postby gummyrabbit » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:06 pm

djlar wrote:I just mostly single Tanked Kara, the OT was a 12K Warrior, only helpful in Nethersprite for the beam, I ended up getting two beams since the warrior died..

We used a Boomkin in the red beam.
gummyrabbit

Postby Whait » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:19 am

netherspite red beam me jumping in and out of it blue beam was a enhance shammy and green was a rouge we killed him before the beams went away O_O
Whait

Postby Xfighter » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:08 pm

Ass tanking is viable, all you have to really do is turn the odd time to get some additional threat on him (given that you AoE'd the 4 adds and him at the start) and your healers should be able to manage to keep you up through Moroe's hits to the back - he doesn't hit hard at all.

If you still don't like the idea, just use a trinket\quick bubble macro (if poss, never bothered checking)\Hand of Sacrifice\Whatever you have at your disposal.

Did it last night in 40-60s, so only got 1 gouge or so. (Was ass tanking, but was forced to turn around a few times for another shield\exo\etc for threat)
Xfighter

Return to Karazhan