Remove Advertisements

Consolidated WotLK profession perks (which are you taking?)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Somrael » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:20 pm

I'm engineering/BS right now, and as a pally who occasionally dabbles in ret I'm quite content with it. Especially with the new BS content. And imagining the look on Alliance mages' faces when a paladin turns them into a chicken is just... well it's the most fun I can have in a battleground.

I imagine there'll be a lot of profession switching for optimization; grind leatherworking and whip up a stack of bracer/pants enchants (assuming you don't need LW to actually use them), perhaps tailoring for the cloak enchants and flying carpets (a btui excessive IMO) and jewelcrafting or BS. I personally would love to see a third profession slot added, since Blizzard introduces new ones from time to time, but I'm nto going to hold my breath. Instead I will debate as to whether or not I want to spend the money to do the aforementioned switching, but likely won't. I'm also curious to see whether or not Blizzard will release something between a 16 Sta bracer enchant and a 90 Sta "enchant", as the disparaity seems uncommonly excessive.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato
Somrael

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:29 pm

The new "bop goods" from professions require you to have the profession at a high skill level to benefit from them.

If you are a jc and drop jc, the gems won't work
if you are an enchanter and drop enchanting, the ring enchants stop working
if you are an engineer and drop engineering, you can't use your rockets/prachutes/goggles/trinkets

And so on...
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Somrael » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:36 pm

Huh. Didn't know that about the enchants and whatnot; figured once they were used, they were on.

Though that does clear up a lot of dilemma. And saves a lot of money.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato
Somrael

Postby Warcraft » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:56 pm

mirkodeluxe wrote:
daemonym wrote:to me it seems with the max your potential view point, JC/LW seems to be the best combo. unless the extra meta gem slot gets put in for BS of course. JC gets you loads of extra stamina and best in game gems along with a wide range of bop trinkets. with LW giving you an extra 90 stam to your bracers this beats out (i think) 2 extra gems from BS.

Dont forget the BoP Leg enchant.

Actually the BoP leg enchant is just a convenience factor. As I hypothesized when I originally made the list, the BoP leatherworking enchants are equal in potency to the regular epic enchants.

It's just that for a while, the epic tanking enchant was not in the game but the leatherworking one was, so some people thought that leatherworkers get a more powerful one. This is not the case.

Both versions are now in game and are clearly equal.
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=60583
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=38373
Warcraft

Postby Warcraft » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:15 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:The new "bop goods" from professions require you to have the profession at a high skill level to benefit from them.

if you are an engineer and drop engineering, you can't use your rockets/prachutes/goggles/trinkets

And so on...

I just added this as a note to the thread. Does anybody know if pre-WotLK perks still work if you unlearn a profession? I think anybody dedicated enough to learn and unlearn a profession just for a tiny stat boost may do it even if that stat boost is only TBC quality.
Warcraft

Postby majiben » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:16 am

Warcraft wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:The new "bop goods" from professions require you to have the profession at a high skill level to benefit from them.

And so on...

I just added this as a note to the thread. Does anybody know if pre-WotLK perks still work if you unlearn a profession? I think anybody dedicated enough to learn and unlearn a profession just for a tiny stat boost may do it even if that stat boost is only TBC quality.
Pretty sure they don't. I know that This trinket can remain equiped even if you drop BS but the armor will cease working.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Gamingdevil » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:29 am

They don't, I dropped enchanting for mining so I could level BS as I went on leveling and my ring enchants became inactive.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby daemonym » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:30 am

one other thing that will help me in deciding what profs to get/drop is the bop items you get from them. like in TBC i picked engineering 95% because of the goggles, everythign else was just plain awesome fun stuff.

i don't know if there's an all encompasing list of the bop items that each prof can make, but i hear that the new goggles are replaced in the first naxx raid (very unpressive imo). anybody know of such a list?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:35 am

BC bop gems and trinkets still work. They don't have the "Requires Jewelcrafting" in them.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Morganim » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:04 am

Has there been any mention of BOP blacksmith gear yet.
Morganim

Postby lusisia » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:32 am

Snake-Aes wrote:BC bop gems and trinkets still work. They don't have the "Requires Jewelcrafting" in them.

Yep. I remember in live, before I decided to drop JC for Engi, I made a shitload of the unique-equipped gems and 1 of each blue trinket (the epics weren't in the game at the time). I still use all of them to this day.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:32 am

same, but with the empyrean tortoise too.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby majorwoo » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:53 am

Warcraft wrote:Actually the BoP leg enchant is just a convenience factor. As I hypothesized when I originally made the list, the BoP leatherworking enchants are equal in potency to the regular epic enchants.

It's just that for a while, the epic tanking enchant was not in the game but the leatherworking one was, so some people thought that leatherworkers get a more powerful one. This is not the case.

38373 says item not found for me FYI
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:03 am

majorwoo wrote:
Warcraft wrote:Actually the BoP leg enchant is just a convenience factor. As I hypothesized when I originally made the list, the BoP leatherworking enchants are equal in potency to the regular epic enchants.

38373 says item not found for me FYI
wotlk
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=38373
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ARogers » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:01 am

I'm personally very interested in seeing the Weaponsmith weapons and if they can be used for ret or tanking well. Has anyone heard any rumors or anything on these?
ARogers

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK