Remove Advertisements

Consolidated WotLK profession perks (which are you taking?)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby stormknight » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:27 am

I have bs/eng at the moment. Probably, I will keep them but thinking about to remove eng and get something else like jc or ins. Not sure yet, I will decide that while levelling.

Edit: And between, thanks for topic, very nice one. :)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
stormknight

Postby AutomaticZen » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:26 am

Don't forget the BS belt socket.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=41611

Weapon and Belt are give-aways, Bracers and Gloves are BS only.
AutomaticZen

Postby Dantriges » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:43 am

Jewelcrafting/mining atm. I think I stay this way for some time. Mot sure how much time I have to level my alts, so I can support myself. Not best choice probably but I think can live with that..
Dantriges

Postby dextria » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:51 am

Io.Draco wrote:I want to know one thing about LW , we won't be able to use their leg enchants ?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=38373

/sadface
dextria

Postby Zironic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:11 am

2ndNin wrote:Is there a faster way to level blacksmithing than grinding 900000 of each ore?

I spent 2500g on getting from 0 to 350 blacksmithing. I just hope that going armorsmith was the right choice :P
Zironic

Postby Equitas » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:17 am

Zironic wrote:
2ndNin wrote:Is there a faster way to level blacksmithing than grinding 900000 of each ore?

I spent 2500g on getting from 0 to 350 blacksmithing. I just hope that going armorsmith was the right choice :P

same thing here... spent 2K right now for 300/375,

have the mats for 50 skillpoints. those last 25 are going to be a pain...
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Zironic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:20 am

Equitas wrote:
Zironic wrote:

same thing here... spent 2K right now for 300/375,

have the mats for 50 skillpoints. those last 25 are going to be a pain...

Don't do 350 to 375 pre expansion, why you ask?

Well, cobalt will be usable from 350+, and since cobalt will require a lot less mats then the fel iron/adamantite recipes that'll be a way way cheaper path for those points.
Zironic

Postby Angelus » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:46 am

This has been a good read, I had been struggling over this decision a lot.

Atm I'm thinking JC/BS is the way to go.

BS easily beats out Enchanting. The enchanting bonus is worth two blue-quality stam gems. Not only does BS match that by giving you two gem-slots, you have the option to invest that item value into Defense Rating instead if you choose(or eventually surpassing it with epic gems).

...and I just had a sudden realization in the middle of typing this post. I've been comparing the Ench 48 bonus stam to three Solid Dragon Eyes...but that's not a fair comparison.

Without the solid Dragon Eyes, I'd use Solid Sky Saphire. So it's actually Enchanting's 48 bonus stam compared to JC 51 bonus stam.

Go even further....assuming we can upgrade to epic gems within a reasonable amount of time and use Solid Majestic Zircon.
Enchanting's 48 bonus stam compared to JC 33 bonus stam.

However...JCing wins HUGE points for it's trinkets. Yeah, they're only blue-quality but as I'm looking through WoWhead; I don't see any other trinkets with gem-slots. How long would these trinkets last? Will there eventually be epic JC trinkets?

So in other words...I'm right back where I started. The only thing I've decided is to drop either JCing or Enchanting for Blacksmithing, I just have no idea which. This was meant to be a post on my opinion but it turned into more of a personal brainstorm. I even know some of it has already been mentioned, the big picture just didn't click in my brain at the time.

Well played Blizzard...
Angelus

Postby Zironic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:58 am

If i was you I'd just keep JC/enchanting unless you have them on another char.

What you forget to consider is that those two professions make metric tons of cash. I have over 10k gold stashed for the expansion and I haven't grinded once, and that's from disenchanting alone.
Zironic

Postby mirkodeluxe » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:04 am

I dont know.. I have mining/engineering atm and I dont really feel like changing yet. I would like to see something better than mutually exclusive engineering "enchants", something that provides a unique buff. Otherwise I might aswell drop it for Enchanting, blacksmithing or leatherworking that each give unique buffs.
Engineering still sounds like fun, but being pragmatic about my role as tank I want to have professions that improve my tanking. It used to be the goggles, now its.. what?
mirkodeluxe

Postby Zironic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:05 am

Still googles
Zironic

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:20 am

See I have the brilliant plan to stay miner till 80... cause if I don't I will have to buy the minerals :(. Need a spare alt or 3.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby daemonym » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:19 am

to me it seems with the max your potential view point, JC/LW seems to be the best combo. unless the extra meta gem slot gets put in for BS of course. JC gets you loads of extra stamina and best in game gems along with a wide range of bop trinkets. with LW giving you an extra 90 stam to your bracers this beats out (i think) 2 extra gems from BS.

currently i'm enchant/engineer which i'll be staying with as i level and see where things stand then. if engineering doesn't get anythign that as lasting as the tankatronics were i'll drop it, and enchanting just to DE my quest rewards.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby mirkodeluxe » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:12 am

daemonym wrote:to me it seems with the max your potential view point, JC/LW seems to be the best combo. unless the extra meta gem slot gets put in for BS of course. JC gets you loads of extra stamina and best in game gems along with a wide range of bop trinkets. with LW giving you an extra 90 stam to your bracers this beats out (i think) 2 extra gems from BS.

Dont forget the BoP Leg enchant.

daemonym wrote:currently i'm enchant/engineer which i'll be staying with as i level and see where things stand then. if engineering doesn't get anythign that as lasting as the tankatronics were i'll drop it, and enchanting just to DE my quest rewards.

I will probably try the wait and see approach.. But getting LW feels kinda wrong just for the leg/bracer enchants.. But then I could craft some dps leather for retri. Hmmm....
mirkodeluxe

Postby DeadMilliken » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:13 am

I plan to stay Engineering / Mining.

#1 both are profitable and help fund me being a tank. Mining also helps grind Engineering when the mats are sky high early on ;)

#2 500hp free is nothing to scoff at. Several of the very expensive crafting professions can't even claim 500hp in value from start to finish.

#3 I've always enjoyed Engineering....yes I absolutely agree its weak right now. However, Blizzard has always buffed Engineering when its weak "eventually". I fully expect this to continue.

#4 Instant cast grenades rock soooo hard.
DeadMilliken

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK