Remove Advertisements

What dual Spec are you getting?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

What Dual Spec are you getting?

None, Main-Tank spec is enough
4%
Main Tank + Off-Tank (max TPS, more in Ret)
4%
Prot + PvE Heal
11%
Prot + PvP Heal
4%
Prot + PvE Ret
52%
Prot + PvP Ret
20%
Something different (but why are you in a Maintankadin Forum?)
4%

Total votes : 166

Postby Chunes » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:28 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:Damn.. Ret invasion! Looks like that tree really got buffed :P

even in shitty gear, ret is a truckload of fun.
Chunes

Postby Ascendant » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:45 am

prot + pvp ret

because I will actually be doing arenas. pvp ret is good enough to dps fights that I wont be tanking.
Ascendant

Postby Isha » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:49 am

I'll go with Prot+Ret PvE...
makes me feel less useless when not tanking compared to my sucky healing ;P
Isha

Postby daemonym » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:53 am

prot + specialty prot with improved lay on hands because i can ^^
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Nalyn » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:45 am

Prot / Ret, at this point, I'm not totally sure whether it's going to be pvp or pve ret though, depends on the group and how fast I pull agro I guess, ie, whether, or not, I really need fanaticism for pve.
Nalyn

Postby balrogg » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:52 am

honestly, i sort of feel the nerfbat coming to ret. why? i ran a kara last night on my hunter (full t6, golden bow of quelthas, etc) and testing survival spec, i was pulling 1.2-1.5k dps (yeah it sucks, pre 3.0 bm put out much higher dps, and bm got buffed, but i have to say the replenishment was amazing). kind of disappointing, but the numbers are amusing to watch. we also happened to have a ret pally in our group, with a s2 sword and mostly blue gear. he was putting out between 1.1-1.3k dps consistently, toward the higher end on trash, lower end on bosses. i got on my own pally to try it out, im geared with a s2 sword, 1.9k ap, 25 crit, and was pulling 2k+ divine storm crits, without vengeance up. no, im not saying ret pallies shouldnt be doing dps, or they are op, its more of a realistic evaluation of how much dmg they are putting out, and how ridiculous it really is. given the utility of ret pallies in raids, part of me wants to qq about how unfair the huge dmg upgrade is, but i say take advantage while you can. my only question is, what kind of dps can a t6+ pally sustain (although part of me is scared to ask).

ps - my pally will be prot + ret for pvp. i do like healing, but nothing beats the flashing lights and big numbers from ret.
balrogg

Postby ulushnar » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:55 am

balrogg wrote:honestly, i sort of feel the nerfbat coming to ret.

No, I don't think so. Don't judge the situation on level 70 gear with level 70 abilities and talent points.

Blizz has said that Ret's "fine", and they presumably won't repeat the mistake they made in 2.0 of nerfing it based on the data gained at the wrong level cap. If there's an issue at 80, they'll fix it at 80.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Obrimos » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:19 am

Ulushnar wrote:Prot and PVE Ret.

I'm going to be playing in a small 10-man guild. I'll trade off tanking bosses with the other tank for the most part and when I'm not tanking, I'll go lolret for funsies.

This.

That and I like big swords and I cannot lie.
Obrimos

Postby Grothnir » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:23 am

Most likely two specialty tank specs (10-man with Kings, 25-man without)

Alternatively, I might go prot and PVE Ret if we end up not needing dual tanking specs because of group make-up. But I've never enjoyed Ret (or any melee dps class besides warrior) so that might not fly, anyway.
Grothnir

Postby Baelor » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:24 am

Something different (but why are you in a Maintankadin Forum?)

PvE Ret and PvP Ret

OR

PvE Ret and Beacon-Holy

I'm staying retribution as my main spec, and will either set my off-spec to holy (everybody needs a healer, after all) or PvP ret. Beacon looks like it'll make things a bit more interesting for holy, and there are now 4 tank classes and a bunch of Death Knights about to flood the market, so I anticipate either a derth of healers or a glut of tanks. Either way, I probably will be in more demand as a healer rather than a tank.

And as for why I'm on these boards? I dunno, 'cuz I'm bored at work and have been around since the dawn of forum-time (/says a prayer to Aergis).
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Velgarn » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:40 am

I don't really PvP much, so it's down to two PvE specs. So, if I wanna be an ass, it'll be two tank specs - no good reason to not let me MT everything then. rofl

But more likely, it would be MT spec + Ret DPS spec so I can switch jobs based on the fight mechanics.

I would switch to tank / heal if it was needed for some reason - blood boil 3.0, Archimonde 3.0, or some such where it's more about surviving than DPS'ing. We'll see how encounter design goes.
Velgarn

Postby Brute » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:25 am

Prot + PVP Ret, and my warrior will be Arms + Prot, and my DK will be some sort of tank spec + some sort of PVP 2h spec (if one exists).
Brute

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:30 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:Damn.. Ret invasion! Looks like that tree really got buffed :P

Well to be fair, I've always been Ret. Even when the tree was a joke and I was Prot for MTing, I was still Ret in my heart.

Now I can tank and pewpew forever.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Gruno » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:58 am

MT and PVE Ret.

As with several others, I always hated the lolret stigma and have seriously enjoyed the massive upgrade they got in damage/utility. I'm running around in seriously ghetto gear and doing decent damage with the patch now live.

Given I usually act as raid leader MT for most of the guilds content (10mans) I need to be dynamic enough to step up in a dps role as well. I'd rather not do pally healing, if I'm really needed to heal it is with my priest anyways.
Gruno - Exodar
Gruno

Postby Kroda » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:43 pm

Ulushnar wrote:
balrogg wrote:honestly, i sort of feel the nerfbat coming to ret.

No, I don't think so. Don't judge the situation on level 70 gear with level 70 abilities and talent points.

Blizz has said that Ret's "fine", and they presumably won't repeat the mistake they made in 2.0 of nerfing it based on the data gained at the wrong level cap. If there's an issue at 80, they'll fix it at 80.

GC said they may be adjusting RET pvp dmg soon (possibly via hotfix)
Kroda

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK