Mana while not tanking?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:04 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:The "you can do 2 Min of Damage, if you pot 3 Min) is that with:

- Divine Plea on CD?
- Hand of Sacrifice on the MT?
- Replenishment Buff?
- Judgement of Wisdom?
- 0 Damage in the whole time (unlikely *g*)
I think that accounts for JoW, but not Plea, Sacrifice, or replenishments.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:10 am

At least Plea + Replenishment should be something we will have in a OT-Situation.

Sacrifice? Why not? If I have Mana Probs I don't get enough damage in. So HoSac will not kill me (if, Bubblewall or so).

Just:

/y HALP!
/y Heal ME!
/y I get 20% of the Damage of %t for 12 Sec!
/cast Hand of Sacrifice
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:12 am

my HoSac macro is
/w <target> I like you so much I'll take the bullet.
/y I cut myself to fill the loneliness.
/cast [target=target] Hand of Sacrifice

and if I end dead because of that I'll play "Died in your arms tonight"(A-Ha) on vent
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Zironic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:14 am

That's just beautifull, hope you don't mind if I steal that ^^
Zironic

Postby Sari » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:21 am

Wouldnt it be better to use seal of blood when offtanking? Yeah it might do a little less threat than vengeance BUT youll get some mana back!
Sari

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:21 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:At least Plea + Replenishment should be something we will have in a OT-Situation.

Sacrifice? Why not? If I have Mana Probs I don't get enough damage in. So HoSac will not kill me (if, Bubblewall or so).

It was a example.

If you are offtanking something and haven't taken damage for 3 minutes, you should question yourself why the fuck are you offtanking instead of healing / dpsing.

In any moment you do get damage (and eventual Sanctuary procs) you can substain the rotation for 30-40 sec more per hit.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby towelliee » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:10 am

I was Offtank last night in BT and I found myself 2nd in threat almost close to warrior at times on lets say Gurtogg. But after about 2 minutes and some change I would be going oom. I sometimes just stood in front of him to take more dmg.

Same thing with Supremus. I actually pulled threat off the MT to get a good head start on threat.
towelliee

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:11 am

Yes, you're right.

But how about this, if my dual spec is tank + heal and we are at a dps fight with one tank needed and due to the other one having fast superior gear he tanks.

I have to do dps with my prot spec, then it is interresting.

I'm STILL not sure which off-spec to choose though. Ret is fun. Heal is often needed more then plain damage.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:13 am

towelliee wrote:I was Offtank last night in BT and I found myself 2nd in threat almost close to warrior at times on lets say Gurtogg. But after about 2 minutes and some change I would be going oom. I sometimes just stood in front of him to take more dmg.

Same thing with Supremus. I actually pulled threat off the MT to get a good head start on threat.

you are supposed to tank Gurogg, so you will get damage in a one time :)

and with Supremus the same. Just MT it (you can use shield + exorcism when the phase switch!) and let the rest OT it :)
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Belarkan » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:26 am

On top of sacrifice, you have seal of blood (for alliance) so you may gain some mana back through it.
Belarkan

Postby Arquine » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:07 am

Worldie wrote:
Sarkan-ZdC wrote:At least Plea + Replenishment should be something we will have in a OT-Situation.

It was a example.

If you are offtanking something and haven't taken damage for 3 minutes, you should question yourself why the fuck are you offtanking instead of healing / dpsing.

In any moment you do get damage (and eventual Sanctuary procs) you can substain the rotation for 30-40 sec more per hit.

asked myself the same question everytime I tank Moroes and bring a OT along and just slap Sacrifice on him :P
Arquine

Postby DeadMilliken » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:18 am

Last night I personally was on a very long multi tank fight (city bosses, yay!)

IF there is more than one target in HotR range:
I maintained a 100% rotational cycle with Seal of Wisdom.

IF there is only on target:
Slow down on consecration, when low on mana apply seal of wisdom, build up, then switch to your normal seal and add back in consecration as needed.

HotR and Judgement should always been in your rotation. If one of them is not you need to have seal of wisdom up long enough to build back up mana.

Optionals depending on mana:
Avenger's Shield, Exorcism, Hammer of Wrath, Holy Wrath
DeadMilliken

Re: Mana while not tanking?

Postby Arcand » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:12 am

Lumennon wrote:Please, for the last time, it's ShoR, not ShotR. There is no "Shield of the Righteous".

ShotR and SoR are distinguishable when said by a drunk person. ShoR and SoR may not be. ;)
Arcand

Re: Mana while not tanking?

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:15 am

Arcand wrote:
Lumennon wrote:Please, for the last time, it's ShoR, not ShotR. There is no "Shield of the Righteous".

ShotR and SoR are distinguishable when said by a drunk person. ShoR and SoR may not be. ;)

shor not distinguishable from sor? That's not the word's problem there, man. It's all you.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Embher » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:14 pm

Ok, I was testing with seal of wis and judgemetn earlier. Judgements do about same dmg now right.

Seal is like 10% of our threat among, hotR, judgemetn, holy shield, consecration, but consecration is a mana hog.
ShoR will be a huge threat portion of our spells, and we get it at 75, but
Before we get Divine plea at level 71 and ShoR at 75, assuming seal if 10% and holy shield another 15%, consecration, maybe our threat is 75% of it normally. hmmm hand of sacrificeon main tank is really good idea to get mana from healing and it doesnt add any more overall dmg in to the raid, and does not cause healers to heal in greater amounts, compared to purposely taking dmg.

With divine plea, it will get easier, and at 75, Shor is so great on mana efficiency , that I see using ShoR, HotR, judgement being like 90% of threat of normal rotation. Normal rotation would have limited consecration anyway, because the cds on this spells are short.
Embher

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK