redoubt

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

redoubt

Postby Zironic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:25 am

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20135

Can someone explain to me what blizzard was thinking when they designed the random chance to proc higher chance of block and then decided to keep it in wotlk?

I wish they would just have made it 1-2-3% chance to block which would actually be useful in reaching unhittable.
Last edited by Zironic on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zironic

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:28 am

It is a great talent when you are not uncrushable yet. And it was godly for AoEtanking until now.

With his current 30% baked in block bonus, it's a 100% must have talent.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Bobness » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:29 am

That increased Block Value would be better then increased Block chance on bosses where Holy Shield Charges won't be used up.

in short....

Nerf to AOE Tanking (lots of Mobs)

Potential Buff for Boss Tanking.
Bobness

Postby Zironic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:33 am

Worldie wrote:It is a great talent when you are not uncrushable yet. And it was godly for AoEtanking until now.

With his current 30% baked in block bonus, it's a 100% must have talent.

I agree that it's a must have talent for the block bonus, that's the main reason I got it before 3.0 aswell. I just wish they would have made the block part reliable instead of a proc.

At best and if all the charges get eaten up redoubt is 10% chance of blocking 1.5 attacks which is 15% block in an aoe situation if my math works out right. That's pretty nice but I'd still prefer a vastly lower number like 3-6% if it would be up permanently.
Zironic

Postby Equitas » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:59 am

does it stack with BV gained from str?
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Zironic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:01 am

Equitas wrote:does it stack with BV gained from str?

If it didn't it wouldn't do much would it?
Zironic

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:39 am

If it didn't it would have 0 use since raw BV on gear is close to non-existant (it exists, but on few selected pieces like tier items)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:42 am

wtf guys? The skill wasn't nerfed or buffed in any meaning. By buying 3/3 redoubt, you get what used to be a 5-points redoubt and a 3 points shield spec, all in the same button. The mechanics are exactly the same. 10% proc for 30% block% + constant +30% block value
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:43 am

Actually it was buffed, previous Shield Spec did not include BV gained from STR.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:44 am

Worldie wrote:Actually it was buffed, previous Shield Spec did not include BV gained from STR.
See? >.> Why do people keep claiming it's a nerf and a buff to different things? It didn't change.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:45 am

It's pretty much the same as people complaining about JotJ sucking, occasionally i feel shocked while reading those boards.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Bobness » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:53 am

I must apologise....

For some strange reason i thought it had changed to be a 10% chance to increase BV by30%

Was having a blond moment sry.
Bobness

Postby Zironic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:56 am

That would have actually been an interesting change if they had done that : P
Zironic

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:57 am

And not to forgett, the old Redoubt + shield spec was 5 + 3 talent points. Now we have to pay just 3.

That is a HUGE advantage.

So it is a buffed shield spec (3 points vs. 3 points) WITH the added benefit of a (nerfed) redoubt.

I say full of win.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:59 am

Worldie wrote:It's pretty much the same as people complaining about JotJ sucking, occasionally i feel shocked while reading those boards.

Yes or when people talk about AoE Tanking and the need of Thunderclap (because it is multi-target JoJ) and forgett that moonkins (or better ANY Druid) can do the same with there .. (what ist the name of that thunderstorm?).
Sarkan-ZdC

Next

Return to WotLK