ShoR ranks :(

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:00 pm

Norrath wrote:
Jensaarai wrote:Then it's almost exactly goddamn same. Unmitigated does not justify a 35 level difference. That's just dumb.

You're forgetting that Righteous Fury has a 1.9x modifier and not 1.45.

It's a threat move for both classes, it scales in a similar manner, and it requires shields. That's it.

I don't see you complaining that Devastate and Hammer of the Righteous aren't the same.


Well yeah I'm not complaining, because I HAVE HotR.

I don't care about the threat, they've basically thrown threat out the window.

And I could care less about an ability I get when I level.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spells=7.1#0-2+1

Am I missing anything or do Warriors not have to "look forward to anything?"
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
User avatar
Jensaarai
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Postby Mortehl » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:04 pm

Heroic Throw and Enraged Regen.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl
Moderator
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Naxx 10 prepping for Naxx 25

Postby Norrath » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:05 pm

Jensaarai wrote:
Norrath wrote:
Jensaarai wrote:Then it's almost exactly goddamn same. Unmitigated does not justify a 35 level difference. That's just dumb.

You're forgetting that Righteous Fury has a 1.9x modifier and not 1.45.

It's a threat move for both classes, it scales in a similar manner, and it requires shields. That's it.

I don't see you complaining that Devastate and Hammer of the Righteous aren't the same.


Well yeah I'm not complaining, because I HAVE HotR.

I don't care about the threat, they've basically thrown threat out the window.

And I could care less about an ability I get when I level.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spells=7.1#0-2+1

Am I missing anything or do Warriors not have to "look forward to anything?"


Let's see...

80, http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=57755
75, http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=55694

I'm sorry, you were saying?
Image
Image
User avatar
Norrath
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:43 pm
Location: Denmark

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:18 pm

Norrath wrote:
Jensaarai wrote:
Norrath wrote:
Jensaarai wrote:Then it's almost exactly goddamn same. Unmitigated does not justify a 35 level difference. That's just dumb.

You're forgetting that Righteous Fury has a 1.9x modifier and not 1.45.

It's a threat move for both classes, it scales in a similar manner, and it requires shields. That's it.

I don't see you complaining that Devastate and Hammer of the Righteous aren't the same.


Well yeah I'm not complaining, because I HAVE HotR.

I don't care about the threat, they've basically thrown threat out the window.

And I could care less about an ability I get when I level.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spells=7.1#0-2+1

Am I missing anything or do Warriors not have to "look forward to anything?"


Let's see...

80, http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=57755
75, http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=55694

I'm sorry, you were saying?


80 doesn't count, and I don't think you can compare ER to shield slam.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
User avatar
Jensaarai
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Postby Norrath » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:11 pm

Jensaarai wrote:
Norrath wrote:
Jensaarai wrote:
Norrath wrote:
Jensaarai wrote:Then it's almost exactly goddamn same. Unmitigated does not justify a 35 level difference. That's just dumb.

You're forgetting that Righteous Fury has a 1.9x modifier and not 1.45.

It's a threat move for both classes, it scales in a similar manner, and it requires shields. That's it.

I don't see you complaining that Devastate and Hammer of the Righteous aren't the same.


Well yeah I'm not complaining, because I HAVE HotR.

I don't care about the threat, they've basically thrown threat out the window.

And I could care less about an ability I get when I level.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spells=7.1#0-2+1

Am I missing anything or do Warriors not have to "look forward to anything?"


Let's see...

80, http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=57755
75, http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=55694

I'm sorry, you were saying?


80 doesn't count, and I don't think you can compare ER to shield slam.


Why doesn't 80 count?

Not that it matters, the point kind of is, you can't compare ShoR to SS either.
Image
Image
User avatar
Norrath
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:43 pm
Location: Denmark

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:43 pm

Jensaarai wrote:
Brand wrote:
Jensaarai wrote:
Worldie wrote:http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=47488
~1k flat damage + block modified by armor, dodgable, parryable

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=53600
300 flat damage + block unmitigated, non dodgable/parryable
possibly r2 with 6-800 added damage or increased multiplier

Our SS is way more powerful than their own anyway.


Still doesn't justify a 35 level difference.

Also, I've always been curious, what is the actual percentage that Warrior Shield Slam is "modified by your shield block value"?


100% I believe.


Then it's almost exactly goddamn same. Unmitigated does not justify a 35 level difference. That's just dumb.

Unmitigated does not make difference when they can get up to 50% reduction on a boss while we get 0 reduction AND we can get it increased by 13% by 3 classes? :rolleyes:

That said, the reason for which we don't get it before, is because then we'd destroy people in PvP. A ret paladin with that skill pre 70 would just annihilate mobs and people.

Plus, why exactly you complain about something not important (which is, class balance pre level-cap)? I don't see anyone complaining because a mage at level 20 can oneshot people with a pyro crit + fireblast crit.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13652
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Jensaarai » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:18 am

It just seems pretty dumb that a skill that they see fit to give Warriors at level 40 cannot be given to us until level 75. Mitigation be damned, that does not sound like a good enough reason to withhold it for that long. And 50%? Really?



You can bet I'm all over the other shit too, there's no reason I have to confine myself to one thread ^_-


And I'm not complaining about class balance...I'm wondering why a core tanking ability is withheld 35 levels longer from Paladins than from Warriors. The level cap should not matter, there are people leveling up that could use this ability to great effect tanking instances, and what happens when the next expansion comes out, are we going to lose it until 85/90? I mean cmon.



And 80 doesn't count because, afaik, everyone (Paladins too!) gets a new ability at 80.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
User avatar
Jensaarai
 
Posts: 760
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 pm
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:40 am

And everyone, paladins too, gets a new skill at level 40.

And guess what, everyone, paladins too, get a new skill at 75.

Your point was?

You can argue that we get Shield Wall at level 6, warriors get it at level 28 and need to have done a quest to get it.

What level you get a skill is unimportant, the importance stands in the level cap where you need all the skills to play. Leveling balance is not important.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13652
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Nuclearseal » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:57 am

question is :

do we need it now? i say, no!

will we stop tanking contest because we dont have sotr? i dont think :)
User avatar
Nuclearseal
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 1:27 pm

Postby Ashmadai » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:30 am

Pre 3.0 you had no HotR and no ShoR.

Now you have what you had + HotR.

QQ

Seriously, if you already had it then you'd probably come back here at level 77 and be complaining that Paladins are the only class who didn't get a new fun skill at level 75.
Image
Ashmadai
 
Posts: 546
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:50 pm

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:18 am

Ashmadai wrote:Pre 3.0 you had no HotR and no ShoR.

Now you have what you had + HotR.


With all the coefficients drastically altered.

Not saying everything is fucked, just pointing out the flaw in your argument.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10494
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Previous

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest