-

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

-

Postby fnosse » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:50 am

-
Last edited by fnosse on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Professional lurker since pvp was vital to pally tanking!
fnosse

Postby Andox » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:53 am

If you cast BoK/BoS and then respecc, the Blessings will dissappear from the people.
Andox

Re: dual specc problem

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:54 am

fnosse wrote:The dual specc will really be one hell of a good thing but it's way too easy to exploit.

Was thinking about all the great benefits of just being able to swap but won't people have a prot specc
and buff kings etc. and then swap for the other raiding specc?
Or have blizzard in someway made this impossible?

Maybe it's too early to ask but I really hope they won't implement it before thinking.

We don't know yet how buffs will be handled under this system. Hopefully, the raid loses your buffs when you change specs.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby fnosse » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:56 am

-
Last edited by fnosse on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
fnosse

Postby Niemen » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:02 am

I do not see it as an exploit, at least not as a bad one. Any "exploit" that reduces the number of players that are brought to the raid just for their buffs are highly welcome to me.

If Tankadins are so bad at tanking that no one wants to bring them into the raid except for their blessing of sanctuary, we will be better off, if indeed no one is bringing them into the raid so that Blizzard has to act to maintain a balance of the raid spots for the tanks.
The same is valid for any other paladin spec.

The problem that I see is that i gain nothing if i have to waste my second spec for a "buff-spec".
Niemen

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:06 am

As stated before, the buffs disappear when you change spec.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fnosse » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:10 am

-
Last edited by fnosse on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
fnosse

Postby Macawber » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:55 am

Andox wrote:If you cast BoK/BoS and then respecc, the Blessings will dissappear from the people.

Has this been confirmed, or are you speculating? It would make a lot of sense if it did work like that, but without testing, you really never know...
Macawber

Postby Amarant_Pally » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:31 pm

Macawber wrote:
Andox wrote:If you cast BoK/BoS and then respecc, the Blessings will dissappear from the people.

Has this been confirmed, or are you speculating? It would make a lot of sense if it did work like that, but without testing, you really never know...

It has been confirmed.

Or you can try it out yourself.
Amarant_Pally

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:40 pm

fnosse wrote:Oh, so they do disappear (must've missed that), well thanks for making that clear to me then :)

Edit: But then again, is every guy you buffed in the raid losing the buff too?
Since they haven't fixed the bug where you can bless with an alt and then relog another character yet...

Everyone with the buffs loses the buff.

Blizzard might seemb stupid, but occasionally they arent.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Macawber » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:22 pm

Amarant_Pally wrote:It has been confirmed.

Or you can try it out yourself.

If it has been confirmed, can you post a link please? I can't actually test it out because dual speccing hasn't been implemented yet. It would make a lot of sense if it did work like unlearning your talents, but without testing spec switching, it can't be confirmed.
Macawber

Postby Bobness » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:54 am

In PVP it works strangely...

Any Paly buffs I receive from people on my Server disappear when I exit the BG's, if they were from another Server they stay.... could never work out why..
Bobness

Return to WotLK